[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 4L_syoj7wVh.jpg (48 KB, 470x577) Image search: [Google]
4L_syoj7wVh.jpg
48 KB, 470x577
>character isn't even actually human
>she's a literal "ghost in the shell", basically a soul in a robot
>her body doesn't even age
>while growing up, they just constantly changed her robot body to match her age
>she dramatically changes her appearance and look each time she feels so
>she tries to look sexy to fuck other robo-lesbians
>almost each time they make a new series, movie, anime, OAV or whatever, her look totally changes
>she even had the most average and common robot-whore body (in the manga)
>her objective is to stay hidden as possible around people

>there's still people complaining because they didn't cast an actress that shares her race with the original author of the story

I can't even
>>
literally who?
>>
>>72063439

There are brain cells in her, they talk about it in the original film.
>>
>>72063439
nobody is talking about this film anymore. It's been completely forgotten until you brought it up.
>>
File: 4L_tStRvK7h.jpg (42 KB, 595x447) Image search: [Google]
4L_tStRvK7h.jpg
42 KB, 595x447
>>72063486
Scarlett Johansson as the main protagonist of Ghost in the Shell's Hollywood adaptation
>>
>>72063596
>animegarbage
yeah kys, noone cares but you.
>>
>>72063622
>garbage
Japan made something like five decent animated movies in the last 30 years, and you automatically shit on one of them?
Come the fuck on anon
This stuff is basically Asian Blade Runner
>>
>>72063511
Do they talk about the Major directly or just cyber brains in general? Haven't watched/read this series in a long time, but I remember the Major's humanity to be questionable at best.
Either way the characters live in a transhumanist future so shit like race and sex don't even mean anything anymore (at least not the same as they do in our society).
>>
>>72064512
I believe the canon behind cyberbrains is that it's a metal casing around a normal living brain. So people with prosthetic bodies are not entirely machine, they're cyborgs.
>>
File: 1430102119173.jpg (97 KB, 621x462) Image search: [Google]
1430102119173.jpg
97 KB, 621x462
>>72063622
>people hate anime
>people still come to an anime forum website
>>
>>72064700
Yes, but the issue with the Major is that she is so heavily cybered and has been since childhood (I don't think she even has memories of a pre cybered body) that it calls into question whether she was initially human at all.
>>
>>72063439

I honestly don't give a fuck. Quit framing this as some Ghostbusters-tier thing.

Anime is rocky enough with general audiences outside of Dragonball. I'm more upset with having some random black guy being L in the Death Note adaptation than this choice which at least looks like her.
>>
>>72063439
Some say the Major's true self was actually a man.
>>
>>72066696
you mean little boy, since the one thing that's stayed consistent about her backstory is that she lost her flesh and blood body when she was a very young child
>>
>>72064797
Less than half-- nay, a third of 4chan's content is anime-based
>>
>>72064512
specifically about the major, its when her & batou are in the elevator talking
>>
>>72063622

I'm no anime fan but there are a handful of excellent ones and Ghost in the Shell is one of them
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.