[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: chzqfpjuyaaqgpt.jpg (118 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
chzqfpjuyaaqgpt.jpg
118 KB, 640x640
this any good?
>>
File: Preacher s01e05 PSSSST.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Preacher s01e05 PSSSST.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1080
>>72053498

Depends on what else is in your backlog.

Personally, it's ok, my major criticisms come from Tulip being a shit actress and written as a shit character, it's biggest positive is Joseph Gilgun pretty much playing himself.
>>
I really like it, but I'm a sucker for wtf theme changes. It's a pretty slow show in comparison, but it's enticing.
>>
Watching the Preacher t.v. series makes me wonder if Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg really understand the Preacher comic book series at all. The comics aren't really about religion. Instead, they explore issues of masculinity like honor, friendship, brotherhood, standing up to injustice and other things girls don't understand. The series is basically a Western and Jesse Custer is a cowboy who was raised by a marine corps veteran and John Wayne to always have his buddy's back, protect women, and stand up to the bad guys. Instead, the television series focuses on Jesse as a preacher and changes entire aspects of his backstory and personality to reflect that. I suspect this was done because writing the arc of the rise and fall of a preacher is easier and in this current climate mocking religion is far more palatable than promoting masculinity.
>>
you guys can tell me I'm sure, is Cassidy dead? from the way the scene ended I couldn't tell if it was to make a point or if he killed himself because muh feels.
>>
>>72053498
yes
>>
I'm enjoying it a lot, but haven't read the comics. Wondering if I should read them now, or just wait until the series is over.
>>
>>72053684
Cassidy isn't actually a vampire but a demon from hell sent to retrieve Genesis. Like the angels, he also has the regeneration power so he will show up after he "dies" from his apparent immolation
>>
Its fantastic, probably the most enjoyable show of this season.
I also love how mad it makes /co/ manbabies since it doesn't fit their edgy cartoon books
>>
I just finished the first seven episodes this morning...the departure from the comics is off-putting but after divorcing it from the source material I kind of enjoyed it. Cassidy is great, I keep seeing Jesse as Karl Urban-lite, Tulip is hot but annoying. So yeah, enjoying even though we'll never get doomcock.
>>
>>72054002

>Tulip is hot

When will this outright falsehood cease.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.