[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the next all-purpose action hero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dwaaaayn.jpg (91 KB, 1080x591) Image search: [Google]
dwaaaayn.jpg
91 KB, 1080x591
why is he so likable bros?

i downloaded this movie intending not to like it, and now i love it

he's gonna fill the void left by arnold/liam/harrison/eastwood
>>
He has a charisma/animated quality in his facial expressions and body language. That's something that you can't teach the Sam Worthingtons and Chris Pines of Hollywood.
>>
>>72038336

I never disliked worthington. I feel the rock has more comic timing, maybe from his pro-wrestling experience.
>>
>>72038336

Honestly, people looking to make action movies should recruit pro wrestlers more often. The best guys in the business tend to have incredible physical charisma and can nail subtle mannerisms if they're good enough. The Rock is amazing, and Batista has done pretty good so far. I'm sure you'd see a lot more WWE guys being successful in hollywood if the market was open and Vince didn't pre-emptively kill their careers with shitty straight-to-DVD WWE movies.
>>
>>72038746
Is Cena's career dead because he's a bad actor, or because he was pigeonholed into a niche genre (patriotic, super-action melodrama) that isn't popular with audiences anymore? I remember watching whatever movie he stared in years back and thinking it was okay.
>>
>>72038826
i found him hilarious in the movie about the competing dads - didn't even realize he could act
>>
>>72038336
Ironically, it's Sam Worthington that has the acting range of a rock versus The Rock.
>>
>>72038826
it's because he looks just like mark wahlberg, except roided up
>>
>>72038869

What the hell do you think they do at WWE?
>>
>>72038308

Starred in too much kiddie crap though.
>>
>>72038308
The Scorpion King was amazing.

Like I was watching a black Conan movie based off one of Steve Perry's books.
>>
>>72040410
The Run Down, Walking Tall, and Hercules are all pretty good. Is his newest movie any good? Centeal Intelligence?

Also Grid Iron Gang and the movie where he's the pro football player and finda out about his daughter are also good
>>
>>72040232
they're not all good at acting
>>
>>72040536

Central Intelligence was a solid 6 like those owen wilson jackie chan movies.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.