[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't films good anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: films.jpg (378 KB, 996x943) Image search: [Google]
films.jpg
378 KB, 996x943
Why aren't films good anymore
>>
Those days are over, now we get bullshit like Mad Max Fury Road.
>>
>>72015466
THANK YOU KRAGER! At least someone else acknowledges how shit Fury Road was. It's a 5/10 at best.
>>
File: 659b64dc43.jpg (452 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
659b64dc43.jpg
452 KB, 1200x1800
>>72015447
Are you kidding? Mission Impossible 5 was one of the best action/thriller films I have seen in the past decade.

Tom Cruise right now is the only actor who is truly saving Hollywood at this moment.
>>
Because you grew up.
>>
>>72015570
>worst addition to the franchise
>good

No.
>>
>>72015466
It was a decent movie IMO, but it wasn't worth the shitstorm level hype it got. I blame the decline on movies because people are now, more than ever economically focused.
If one of these movies flopped backed then, it probably wouldnt bankrupt the studio, now one bad turd can make or break an entire empire.

So in other words, it's the same thing that happened to vidya gaems. Companies need to pour more thought, heart, and care into things instead of looking at charts and shitting out what makes a quick buck.
>>
>>72015613

>>worst addition to the franchise
>Rogue Nation

Please unfuck yourself.
>>
>>72015596
Not even, I'm not some 30 year old who grew up with these in my childhood, I have only seen some of those in the last few years, still lightyears ahead what's coming out currently. Should I be excited for the next Avengers then?
>>
File: 1458159627083.jpg (103 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1458159627083.jpg
103 KB, 960x960
>>72015596
>>
>80s pleb dogshit
>film

Get some fucking taste you troglodyte
>>
>>72015447
>Why aren't films good anymore
>Posting shit films
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
because the '70s were 60 years ago
>>
People completely stopped reading literature so they have no concept at all of good writing. Movies are either obnoxious or "whacky" like the new ghostbusters or a pretentious combination of silence and the characters suffering.
This silence and suffering genre has gained prominence since the writers strike of 2008 strained relationships between writers and more business oriented people in Hollywood. You can have these movies in which the only dialogue is generic small talk(something you don't need to pay writers for) and market it to people who have terribly misguided or shallow notions of what these words mean as "realistic", "deep" or "sophisticated".
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.