[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix The Daily Show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: mediaite.png (208 KB, 657x569) Image search: [Google]
mediaite.png
208 KB, 657x569
How do we fix The Daily Show?
>>
Burningcross.png
>>
>>72013657
The same way you can fix Colbert's new show, the Nightly Show, and Samantha Bee's new show: Bring back Jon Stewart. He's the only guy who could make this shit work effectively. Too bad for them he'd rather go to Mets games.
>>
>>72013681
DUDE RACISM LMAO
>>
the writers need to be more diverse
>>
racism
>>
>>72013657
More like how do we fix America's racism problem
>>
>>72013657
The guys isn't funny. His delivery is bad, and the jokes...holy fuck, where did the talent even go from a writing perspective? He's not whitmore levels of cringe or anything, he's just bad.
>>
>>72013774

easy.

stop accusing everyone of being racists.
>>
>>72013774
Segregation
>>
>>72013716
I just don't think the Late Show is in line with Colbert's talents since it panders to a larger demographic that Letterman was better at handling
>>
>>72013657
Who cares? let it rot
I can wait until Real Time is gone because of Bill Maher's Trump-induced meltdown
>>
>>72013657
I was telling you bastard since Stewart quit and the new pile of awkward shit started.
>>
Replace it with the daily shoah.
>>
>>72013657
Take it out behind the shed and put a .22 into it.
>>
>>72013716
>and Samantha Bee's new show
How are the ratings for this cunt's show?
>>
>>72014330
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcsg74OQBw

she seems to be doing well, better than Wilmore and Noah, but her gender bullshit gets old
>>
>>72013657
Get a Jewish host
>>
>>72014206
Implying that RT isn't the only breath of fresh air on TV
>>
>>72013657

bring back jon. I stopped watching when he said he was leaving. he gave up on it and so then did I.
>>
>>72014206
>>72014580
hello shills
>>
>>72013657
Bring back John Stewart or get an American host who's jokes are better
>>
>>72014533
>sausage party
female comedians are OBSESSED
>>
>>72014330
Much better than Wilmore's, but probably not what the execs were hoping for. It's honestly not that bad, I just felt like I needed a 3rd example.
>>
>>72014533
You know what I realized: she does not merely look old, SHE LOOKS LIKE A FUCKING TRANNY.
>>
File: cowboy deedeedeebop.png (595 KB, 872x540) Image search: [Google]
cowboy deedeedeebop.png
595 KB, 872x540
let's make a list of people who could replace trevor colbert and shitmor

in order of effectiveness

1. colin quinn
2. anthony hughes
3. gavin miguiness
4. emptyhero
5. an ai programmed to have the personality of patrice oneal
6. john leguizamo
>>
>>72013716
I bet they did some shit to stewert to make him quit. He could have done that show at least another 5-10 years.

I remember that one black correspondent who was shit talking about him on Marc Maron. Not to mention they change in attitude to his character over the past couple years. He had bill o Reilly on the show to talk about white privilege. And that was a jump the shark moment for me. Not because of the subject matter, but because he was begging and pleading instead of using his sharp wit.

I wonder what the fuck was going on behind the scenes. I bet he was angry at the direction the show was going to.
>>
>>72013657
Cancel it.
>>
OH I BET IT'S CAUSE HE BLACK FUCKING RACISTS PIECES OF SHIT HE DESERVES THIS AWARD FOR BEING A STRONG BLACK MAN IN COMEDY THAT'S NOT FAIR. THE WHITE MAN WINS EVERY TIME FUCKING RACISTS
>>
>>72014206
>trump supporters triggered by a late night talk show host

lol
>>
>>72013858
Only a white American or someone living in the US wanting to be white would say something like this.
>>
>Remove that dumbass Noah.
>Get an actual comedian who actually lived in America and cares about it.
>Train him to make jokes that are RELEVANT and exaggerate EVERY issue.
>Remove the shitty race-baiting writing staff and replace it with actual comedian writers.

And it's fixed. It will never happen, because muh minority.

Case in point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ8YFUFnRdU
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/h2l2ij/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-who-s-actually-supporting-donald-trump-
>>
Get rid of the nigger
>>
Just let it die. Shit's old.
>>
Stop making it anti-white liberal pandering garbage and make it more middle ground or right of center
>>
>>72017157
>the daily show doesn't like Trump

What the fuck do you expect? Literally no one the show would hire wouldn't go after Trump for his racism/sexism.
>>
>>72013657
They needed another jew to take over, this show ran on jewish humor
>>
>>72017209
To /pol/fags anything that isn't wildly alt-right is far-left propaganda. In reality, the show's pretty left-center.
>>
Do you think Trump would be doing so well if Jon was still at the helm?
>>
>>72017216
Making a joke about it once or twice is fine. Jon Stewart made fun of nearly everything about Bush.

Those segments when he wore a hat and talked ina fake accent were great.

But here, I genuinely feels like Trevor Noah hates America and just calls them all racists and idiots. At least Jon would sympathize with the audience, and state that although it may appear this way, it's not all black and white.

Jon actually care about the country, and tried to dive deep, where Noah really is nothing but AHAHAHA white people, trumps a racist, etc.

It's overplayed and fucking boring.
>>
File: Colin_Quinn.jpg (114 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Colin_Quinn.jpg
114 KB, 1000x1500
>>72015390
>Colin Quinn
>Oh! Bernie Sanders is endorsing Hillary, what a surprise, huhuho!
>This is an obvious decision, though still disappointing, just like my inclusion in the film Grown Ups! Ho, hey, easy there, *indicernable mumbling* OKAY NEXT TOPIC IS BARACK OBAMA, the uh, only black man, who could walk into a Nike store, and get customer service AFTER a white guy
>*More mumbling, inaudible*
>>
>>72017329
>where Noah really is nothing but AHAHAHA white people,

He's been like that ever since his shitty stand up

Might have been able to just pull that 24/7 in the late 2000's but every liberal cuck with a computer is doing it these days and it's completely overdone
>>
>>72017216
>>72017216
>Muh racism
>Muh sexism
And everytime you fuckmutts can't name a single instance of it.
>>
File: race_discussion_BLM.png (79 KB, 1482x476) Image search: [Google]
race_discussion_BLM.png
79 KB, 1482x476
>>72013774
We can't because facts are racist.

>>72017209
this
>>
>>72017329
>I genuinely feels like Trevor Noah hates America and just calls them all racists and idiots.

maybe he just hates the racists and idiots?

I have a feeling you're just predetermining to hate him because he's a foreigner who's against Trump. Have you actually watched the show? He's not even as preachy about racism as you seem to think he is.
>>
>>72017450
Nah, he's pretty fucking bad
>>
>>72017450
Maybe you should head over to leddit desu
>>
>>72013657
TV is dying. Night comedy shows are legacy entertainment.

Let it slowly rot until it disappears.
>>
>>72017447
>And everytime you fuckmutts can't name a single instance of it.

Did you even watch the video in the post i replied to?
>>
>>72017449
>And grow frustrated. They grow angry.

I hate niggers but can you type in a way that isn't fucking melodramatic?
>>
>>72017504
>anyone not alt-right is reddit

I think you know where you should go back to
>>
>>72017447
why are all trump supporters literally retarded?
>>
>>72017545
Wasn't me, I just capped it for posterity.
>>
>>72017462
He isn't
>>
File: f02.png (94 KB, 680x439) Image search: [Google]
f02.png
94 KB, 680x439
>>72017574
>ARE YOU KIDDING ME????!!????!!?
>>
>>72017519
That's not even the point. Ratings for the Daily Show have been in freefall since Stewart left.

As someone who regularly watched the Daily Show since I was a teenager, I can't really say it's very shocking. It's gone from satirizing the news with occasional glimpses of actual reporting to "SJW Equality Half-Hour: Or Everything That Whitey Has Done to """""Us"""""" Lately" with none of the humor and no real reporting on anything that isn't hype-of-the-day IRL click bait stories.

I for one would be happy for it and all the other OMG SO PROGRESSIVE XD programming to fucking die already.

>t. life-long liberal
>>
File: 1468525680610.jpg (35 KB, 482x294) Image search: [Google]
1468525680610.jpg
35 KB, 482x294
>>72017124
>>
>>72017447
Every single fucking thing he says is steeped in both.
>>
>>72017650
So I guess him ruining the ratings for the show is just people bring racist, despite the show being liberal already? All those liberals just hate that his skin is black instead of them just not finding him funny or charismatic?
>>
>>72017666
>you're not alt-right so you must a be retarded far-left tumblr user

classic /pol/

nice devil trips tho
>>
>>72017717
A fall in ratings is inevitable when a host leaves, especially when the host is a synonymous with the show as Jon Stewart. Even if Trevor turned out better than Jon, there'd still be a drop in ratings.
>>
>>72017778
Love that rationalization. Maybe he's just not as likeable. Did you ever think of that? No, that would be impossible, time to do mental gymnastics to defend your wrong opinion.
>>
File: asref3s.png (3 KB, 209x242) Image search: [Google]
asref3s.png
3 KB, 209x242
>Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz
>Trevor Noah

I can think of one way
>>
>>72017272
Stewart never had the power to change elections, neither do others like Bill Maher. They only speak to their core group.
>>
>>72017574
>White liberal calls hispanic male retarded for political view that white liberals are crybabies that blow shit out of proportion and pretend their political enemies are *insert buzzwords here*
I sure love this board
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.