[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>As opening day approaches, Feig can’t help but think about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 48
File: Gh.png (845 KB, 720x855) Image search: [Google]
Gh.png
845 KB, 720x855
>As opening day approaches, Feig can’t help but think about the stakes of making a $150 million movie. “A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low,” he says. “But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, ‘See, a tentpole can’t be carried by female leads’” — three of whom are over 40. “I cashed in all my chips,” he says. “I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn’t work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail.”
>So why risk it? “I wanted for little girls to be able to see themselves up on the screen,” Feig says. “The original one exists, so you can see boys doing it, but how fun for girls to have this experience!” That’s why he pushed so hard for new Ghostbusters action figures. “There was some resistance,” he says, “because there’s a fear that boys wouldn’t buy toys from a movie starring girls. But guys have such great feelings of nostalgia because the original had a lot of gear. I’d like girls to be able to put on a proton pack and run around.”

Do you think Ghostbusters will make a profit, lads?
>>
File: goobersbtfo_1.jpg (20 KB, 796x151) Image search: [Google]
goobersbtfo_1.jpg
20 KB, 796x151
>>72011316
Of course, it's pretty unanimous that it's better than the original
>>
>>72011316
The real question - will nerds be shamed as misogynists to be made to watch it?

Will the audience buy into the supposedly good reviews it got?

Most importantly: do you care? Rolfe didnt.
>>
$200 million in America
$50 million in South America
$150 million in Europe
$250 million in China

I can't wait for /pol/ tears when they announce the sequel
>>
File: u srs or nah.jpg (24 KB, 228x502) Image search: [Google]
u srs or nah.jpg
24 KB, 228x502
>>72011409
>$250 million in China
>>
>let's take what boys have
>and give it to girls
This is retarded. You don't see them rebooting Barbie for guys.

Just make new franchises for girls, instead of trying to justify this cynical cash in as
>we waz doing it for the girls think of the babies
>>
>>72011409
>China

Anon...
>>
File: 1468083115269.jpg (15 KB, 257x212) Image search: [Google]
1468083115269.jpg
15 KB, 257x212
>>72011409
>$250 million in China
>>
File: image.png (266 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
image.png
266 KB, 500x348
>>72011409
>thinking it will be granted a release in China
>>
>>72011380
>will nerds be shamed as misogynists to be made to watch it?
What the fuck are you on about? It's not like the police are storming into people's basements and dragging them to the fill. No one is being "forced" into anything you fucking moron.
>>
Why didn't he try to make a good movie then?
>>
On one hand,
>I a not a big fan of the original
>I feel Kristin Wiig is the anti-comedy. I hate her so much.
> this movie feels like such a blatant, unapologetic MARKETING GIMMICK.
> It's become a political talking point.
On the other hand
>I like McKinnon (aka CrazyEyes)
>Has made me laugh
>McCartney has points for appearing ( however briefly) in Go and Drowning Mona.
>The Whole Hemsworth
> trailer *feels* similar to original.
It's the pandering to young women blatantly, shamelessly that pisses me off. Like we are going to go see it, and create a new fan base just because they flipped the story that way. But I see little girl children getting all excited.... They don't know about that, it makes them happy.
Whatever. I think I have an advantage, because I feel so ,,MEH about the whole thing #Hookerwithapenis
>>
>>72011316
Feig is the kind of guy that deserves all the bullying he got when he was a kid. He deserves to be yelled at, punched and forced to suck off the other little boys.
>>
>>72011316
Don't the toy sales count? I know heaps of people bought Rowan, Mayhem (as so did I because they looked cool) so maybe those add up on the final profit as well.
>>
>>72011516
> he should be raped because he made a shitty movie

/tv/ everyone
>>
>>72011409

>$250 million in china

Try $0 mate.
>>
>>72011316
Fair reasons but he's the wrong man to do it. He's a really bad director.
>>
>>72011316
>But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, ‘See, a tentpole can’t be carried by female leads
And that's exactly what's going to happen when this bombs hard. Your little agenda pushing film will backfire and end up setting women back decades because at the end of the day money talks.
>>
>>72011439
>You don't see them rebooting Barbie for guys.

To be fair, that's originally what G.I. Joe was. They were big Barbie-like dolls but with guns and beards. And its also not wrong to want girls to have action toys too. The problem with this movie and his statements is that the merchandise and story seem to be aimed at girls and, if necessary, at the expense of boys. If this were a new IP, that would be no problem, its just a thing for girls. But Ghostbusters is already a thing loved by everyone, and by making it seem exclusive to just one gender isn't fair to the other.
>>
>>72011513
#Hookerwithapenis

I love that song, anon.
>>
>>72011537
Found the feminist cuckold
>>
>>72011316
>“I wanted for little girls to be able to see themselves up on the screen,”

Yes, sweetie, you can grow up to be an ugly woman in an sanitation worker's outfit!
>>
>>72011631

Found the butthurt /r9k/ robot
>>
Thats a weird approach, assuming that boys fear supernatural/ghosts way lesser, than girls... What little girl would love to bust ghosts?
>>
>>72011605
The only similarity between Barbie and AgI joe is that they are dolls. GI joe isn't about fashion and shit.

This isn't the same. It's literally just replacing the guys with females and calling it a masterpiece. It implies women can't relate to men at all simply for being men (rather than what they may be doing).
This "progressive" shit is actively dividing us.
>>
>>72011409
let me fix that for you

$140mil in america
$20mil in south america
$85mil in europe
$400,000 in china
$40mil everywhere else

in total, the studio pockets about $90-100mil, and basically nothing on merchandise.

mediocre fear-oriented critic reviews, with most of the positive ones being either overblown shilling or admittedly lukewarm and the negative ones being brutally honest.

extremely weak average audience score.

JUST.

id say "cap this" but at this point there is no point. we'll both still be here in 3 days when this path becomes clear as day even to idiots like you who can't see it already.
>>
>>72011616
That's the real shit, Anon.
>>
>>72011409

I can guarantee you this won't break $100m domestic, have you seen the competition for the second week? Even a 50% second week drop won't get it over 100m
>>
>>72011680
What grown woman would bust ghosts?
>>
>>72011316
>“I wanted for little girls to be able to see themselves up on the screen,” Feig says. “

Since when do little girls care about shriveled old "fahny" hags

Little girls like Frozen

It's not like Ghostbusters was a movie for "little boys'

Basically all of the humor would go over childrens heads

Fucking moron
>>
>little girls
What kind of shit parent would let their children see this movie?
>>
>>72011770
Yeah, much better just going to watch Disney animations. I'd rather buy my daughter Ghibli movies than watch this shit.
>>
>>72011355
I thought it was certainly funnier than the original. The original relies way too much on deadpan/improvised humor from Bill Murray.
>>
>>72011754

Those who liked ghostbusters, when they were little girls. Yeah, so none.
>>
it's set to open with less than $50 mil in the US, probably wont break $100m
>>
Why do girls need role models in movies like this anyway?

The original Ghostbusters... none of them were role models! Peter was a conman and a sleaze, Ray was a goof, and Egon was an autist. And that movie wasn't for kids really anyway. It was a grown-up comedy that kids of the '80s happened to latch onto because back then, kids consumed adult media freely.

I don't understand why every piece of art has to serve some moral or political fucking purpose these days.
>>
>>72011722
Compare it to Batman v Superman, which had zero competition at its release. Now, critics haven't given it the full slaughterhouse treatment, so keep that in mind. The question is how bad will word of mouth be?
Decent? Or Awful?
>>72011513
No actor in this movie is talented. They all are either bland or character actors. I can't really see a reason to watch it.
>>72011516
>forced to suck off the other boys
You have some repressed sexual tension m8? Fucking weird.
>>72011519
Toys for sure are going to be mostly sold via clearance section in a few months.
>>72011691
Yeah, no fucking shit.
Where have you been the last 3-5 years? This is nothing new. >>72011765
Clearly he is lying. Just trying to be lazy and remake the same old fucking shit with a female cast and calling it new.
>>72011795
>Better off watching Disney animations
Reminder: Disney is worse than Sony, by far. Disney hasn't made a unique animated film in quite a while. >>72011896
Because it unites woman and prices they can do mens job. In reality it's Sony using real life politics to attempt to manipulate opinion about a sub par unoriginal movie they green screened to make a quick buck because Sony is financially unstable.
>>
File: 1468048114831.jpg (212 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
1468048114831.jpg
212 KB, 1224x1632
>>72011519
They lost a ton of money on merchandising this movie. Clearanced out before the film even hit theaters? I'm a /toy/ fag and I've never seen that happen in 30 years. Ghostbusters was one of the merchandising powerhouses of 80's. It's very unique and marketable concept to kids. An all female reboot is literally the worst thing they could have done when it comes to merchandising.
>>
>>72012464
>I'm a /toy/ fag and I've never seen that happen in 30 years.

Thanks for confirming this. I thought it looked very wrong, but I haven't paid attention to toys since I was 12.
>>
File: oops.png (476 KB, 682x863) Image search: [Google]
oops.png
476 KB, 682x863
>>72011409
I've got bad news for you
>>
>>72011316
The fact he's giving the number he needs for this to be a financial success is him screaming for backup from Feminist/SJWs.
>“There was some resistance,” he says, “because there’s a fear that boys wouldn’t buy toys from a movie starring girls."
Little girls do not buy action figures. Take this from someone who has helped raise and care for kids for a good part of my life. Little girls will not walk into a toy aisle and point to a female action figure. They won't point to a proton pack playset. You'd be lucky if a few do. Those toys aren't going to move. He should have listen to the people who understand how children and marketing works. It's like the people who cry that they don't make dinosaur clothes for girls. That' because the average girl doesn't like dinosaurs. Because you kid plays differently or wants to dress differently doesn't mean the market needs to change to a minority's taste. That's bad business. Same goes for toys.
Then make an original movie with female heroes. One girls can call their own. This is the issue with these types of people they want to appropriate male things. They don't want to make anything from the ground up they want to take from another base, Same reason why instead of making a new female comic book hero they replace the long standing super hero and then slapped the name on the replacement. It's laziness and an attempt to stir up the original fans. And how is putting women in their 40s in a movie suppose to inspire little girls? This shows how dense Feig is. Little girls look up to girls in their teens, 20s, and maybe 30s if they aren't a wreck by then. Not someone who looks like their grandma's friends.
If there is a movie jail I hope he ends up there. I hope this movie doesn't even come close to be financially successful.
>>
>>72011316
Tbh senpai it has atrocious word of mouth
>>
>>72011519
Slave here the toys sell like absolute shit
>>
>>72011316
The next paragraph shows how much of a wuss he is:

>He then tells me about one especially bright moment that arose in the midst of all the misogyny, when he checked his Twitter and saw a photo of a 6-year-old girl wearing a Ghostbusters uniform that she and her dad had made. “This little girl, she looked so tough and cool,” he says, “and I burst into tears, because I was like, ‘That’s why we’re making this movie!’”

A girl wearing a ghostbusters uniform made him cry. Girls have been dressing as ghostbusters for ages.
>>
>>72012889
Pretty much all the kids dressing up and what not is and will be parents doing.
Same with the toys. The parents will buy that shit and force their kids to take it.
>>
>>72011409
Anon china
>>
>>72011409
China banned the movie shillpai and absolutely everyone hates this movie in South America
T.spic
>>
>>72011316
>three of whom are over 40
I don't know what little girls' brains think, but they're not going to see a bunch of old ladies as role models. And young male demographics are definitely not going to masturbate to them. So what's the point?
>>
>>72012889
>‘That’s why we’re making this movie!’”
Remember when these cunts were claiming it totally wasn't a feminist grrrl power movie? Also, remember when feminists cried over the announcement that Sony was also making an all-male Ghostbusters?
>>
>>72013099
>so what's the point
Literally feminist agenda
>>
>>72012834
Spot on post.

Seriously what type of idiot makes a family movie full of near menopausal women? Only Kate Kinkinnon is the right age for a little girl to say "Hey I wanna be like her when I grow up." No one wants to grow up and be an old woman, a fat woman, or a Big Black Woman who looks like a fucking linebacker.
>>
>>72011537
That part was probably just banter, he does deserve bullying.
>>
>>72012889
>He then tells me about one especially bright moment that arose in the midst of all the misogyny, when he checked his Twitter and saw a photo of a 6-year-old girl wearing a Ghostbusters uniform that she and her dad had made. “This little girl, she looked so tough and cool,” he says, “and I burst into tears, because I was like, ‘That’s why we’re making this movie!’”
Holy shit this reminds me of Brian Michael Bendis who cried in the middle of a store because he made Spider-Man black for his adopted Somali kids. He made Iron Man a black girl for the same reason.
>>
>>72011316
Feig is a fucking idiot. Nobody likes reboots unless they are created for the right reason. If its a great idea but the technology wasnt there and the actors didnt really matter than you can reboot it. You can use most superhero flicks as an example. A movie like ghostbusters was retarded to reboot because the ghost effects still look fine and the actors were crucial and the best part of the original. Why risk it? Fuck him. If he REALLY wanted to risk anything he would have came up with something original with these women to do. Instead he was banking 100% on the ghostbusters name to carry this movie and make millions. Its risky to create something new and hope people like it. Its not risky to take something people love and just aim it at a new audience
>>
>>72011796
Yeah, I only like loud obnoxious humor that the movie spits in my face.
>>
>>72011316
>“I cashed in all my chips,” he says. “I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn’t work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail.”
Well I respect this guy now. He played his hand and went all in, now he waits. Wtf I think Feig's a bro now
>>
>>72013491
What is the deal with Nu-males crying for retarded shit? Is it related to estrogens in soy?
>>
>>72012834
>It's like the people who cry that they don't make dinosaur clothes for girls. That' because the average girl doesn't like dinosaurs. Because you kid plays differently or wants to dress differently doesn't mean the market needs to change to a minority's taste. That's bad business. Same goes for toys.
I have heard people complain out loud about shit like this and laugh at them because they're so delusional. Because your little girl is dikey and wants to play with toy trucks or whatever doesn't mean everyone else's daughter is interested in doing the same. It's like it hurts these ultra liberal people that boys and girl function differently. They are not the same. And a handful of kids not being the norm isn't going to change that. If you want girls shit with boys things on it then get them made they have companies online that will custom make shit for you.
>>
Paul Feig: >"I'm making a stand for women's rights on this over-commercialized, money-grab rebboot of a children's movie about ghosts."

America: > "You're a fucking idiot"
>>
>>72013650
>Paul Feig: >"I'm making a stand for women's rights on this over-commercialized, money-grab rebboot of a children's movie about ghosts."
>America: > "You're a fucking idiot"

lol

That pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>72013580
They sensitive and plus Bendis thinks he's making history by making every character black or a woman. People like him think they're "on the right side of history" and get some kind of fulfillment by doing shit like this.
They're a real selfish self centered bunch who pretend they're doing things for the greater good. Like making Ghostbusters for little girls despite little girls never wanting that at all.
>>
>>72013623
>your little girl is dikey
Embarrassing
>>
>>72013650
>Paul Feig: >"I'm making a stand for women's rights on this over-commercialized, money-grab rebboot of a children's movie about ghosts."

I really don't understand the feminists & tumberinas falling on their swords for this "cause".

It makes them look dumb as hell... & why nobody takes femis seriously anymore.
>>
>>72013650
>children's movie
Ghostbusters 1984 really wasn't a kids movie. It got a child audience after the fact and they made children's merch after the fact. By Ghostbusters 2 yeah it was a full on children/family movie.
>>
>>72013650

topkek
>>
File: 1398149141110.jpg (142 KB, 1103x643) Image search: [Google]
1398149141110.jpg
142 KB, 1103x643
>>72013718
It's like when girl wants to play shit like football all of a sudden everyone is for allowing girls to play. Fact is most girls don't want to be fucking football players. But liberals get all lathered up with the idea of diversity and equal this and that they go deaf to the people they think they're speaking for.
>>
I have a question, Is GB2016 better than Ghost Busters 2 ? honest question because 2 had the original cast and general consensus is that it sucked
>>
>>72014040
GB2 wasn't that bad. It's was bad compared to GB, but not *bad*.

GB2016 is just average. It your basic Hollywood affair. Like Pixels. Watchable once, but nothing that you will remember a month from now.
>>
>>72011409
ghostbusters won't make any money in china, everyone knows they're sexist
>>
paul feig has only made commerically and critically successful comedy movies but the average american male (no one sees ghostbusters as a holy text outside of america) is such an idiot manchild that they believe original ghostbusters is some high brow classical play that modern hollywood is unable to adapt
>>
>>72014274
>paul feig has only made commerically and critically successful comedy movies
I wasn't aware Bridesmaids was a cultural phenomenon.
>>
>>72014291

>Upon its opening release in the United States and Canada on May 13, 2011, Bridesmaids was both critically and commercially successful. The film grossed $26 million in its opening weekend, eventually grossing over $288 million worldwide, and surpassed Knocked Up to become the top-grossing Apatow production to date.[7] It received a 90% overall approval rating according to Rotten Tomatoes and served as a touchstone for discussion about women in comedy.[8][9][10]
>>
File: 1466002276247.jpg (102 KB, 1024x1001) Image search: [Google]
1466002276247.jpg
102 KB, 1024x1001
>>72014274
>the average american male is such an idiot manchild
>that internalized misandry
>>
>>72011355
The original two Ghostbusters aren't funny.
The only part I ever actually laughed at was the "dickless" joke.
>>
Yeah, the big stink about this movie being militant feminist is just from the terrible marketing and clickbait headlines.
>>
>>72014379
Well, that's what I heard!
>>
>>72013908
Holy shit this makes me mad. Those news about a bunch of 15 years old kids completely destroying the Australian female soccer olympic team like 7-0 was great. We need more boys showing how males are naturally ridiculously better at sports
>>
>>72014274
>paul feig has only made commerically and critically successful comedy movies geared towards women
fixed
As opposed to a summer blockbuster based on an existing franchise. He himself didn't want to do another prepacked existing property but was so stuck on his positive women kick he's stumping on his own foot.
>>72014340
Bridesmaids was low budget. Made for women, marketed towards women, women are the biggest movie going demographic no shit they made back. But Ghostbusters is a expensive summer blockbuster film and he did himself no favors when it came to keeping the male demographic and the female demographic are not fans of action movies even with female comedians at the helm.
>>
>>72012834
>Little girls do not buy action figures. Take this from someone who has helped raise and care for kids for a good part of my life. Little girls will not walk into a toy aisle and point to a female action figure.
Frozen would like to have a word with you, son.
>>
>>72011316
>>72011409
I predict it will at least profit. And no matter what happens. All will be shamed for making fun of it.
>>
>>72011537
Its not rape if he enjoys it. Its in the Constitution, look it up.
>>
>>72011680
in my experience women are usually more interested in supernatural/ghosts more than guys. Even all of the "ghost hunter" shows have quite a few women on the team.
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 1240x940) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 1240x940
>3.4 million on international premiere
>>
>>72016819
assume that i know nothing
is this much or little?
>>
>>72016856
>144 million budget
>advertising same as butget
>no Chinese release
>ice age and Star Trek will open next week
>secret life of pets taking the children audience
>possible paid shills and reviews
What do you think?
>>
>>72016949
so this is how feminism dies
with a black "lady" screaming
>AAAAH HELL NO
>>
>>72012942
This is true. For Holloween my sister made her boy dress as a riot gear officer. He hated the helmet and never wanted to put on all the little ecessores like grenades, cuffs and radio. He just wanted his pumpkin costume from the previous year which he actually outgrew.
>>
>>72015749
Dolls and figures are not 12 inch plus poseable action figures.
>>
>>72015749
>thinks Elsa is considered action figure
Any characters from Frozen is considered a doll you tool, even the male ones. Why the fuck do you think Barbie needs a Ken. What boy do you know buys Ken dolls? Sure, there might be a few oddballs out there and that's ok.
>>
>>72016856
It's awesome if your film budget was 40 million. It's fucking depressing if you're film cost 144 million even after rebates and discounts.
>>
>>72013792
>Ghostbusters 1984 really wasn't a kids movie.
Right there wit ya, Anon. I fucking hate when people pull the "childrens movie" card on films and then throw it back on film fans as a reason to stop caring about the originals.
>>
>>72018154
>>72018189
There are 12" Frozen "poseable" action figures though, kiddo.
>>
>>72014188

>Pixels
>Watchable any amount of times

Is this really true? It looked pretty bad and I had forgotten it even existed until recently.
>>
>>72018323
Toys R' Us link right now.
>>
>>72016819

>solid $3.4 million

>$3.4 million

>solid
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>72018361
Pixels is watchable if you're really into 80's nostalgia, and the effects looked neat in 3D.
>>
> Make movie for skinheads
> Starring skinheads
> Avertise movie as "empowering" to skinheads
> Have thousands of skinheads blogging about your movie for you calling blacks "manbabies"

WHY DON'T BLACKS WANT TO SEE MUH MOVIE!??!!?!?

FUCK YOU NIGGERS!
>>
File: eab.jpg (113 KB, 680x830) Image search: [Google]
eab.jpg
113 KB, 680x830
>>72011409
>he doesn't know about china
>>
>>72018189
>action figures are different from dolls

LOL, fuck off back to /toy/you autist.
>>
>>72013580
>full of estrogen
>never played a contact sport
>think that by acting emotional, women will fuck them
>>
File: Chinese Ghostbusters poster.jpg (15 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Ghostbusters poster.jpg
15 KB, 800x1200
>>72011409
>>
Pretty sure most of you idiots need to watch the original again. Nostalgia glasses are real.
>>
>>72018361
You watch it once and that's it. It's not a very good movie and the premise was wasted on Adam Sandler inner circle and humor.
>>
>>72011316
Whatever this guy says is absolute bullshit. This movie was an all female cast BEFORE it was Ghostbusters, so he doesn't give a shit about little girls putting on proton packs. The combo of Feig and Amy Pascal wanted to do an all female movie franchise and later on decided it would be Ghostbusters. Feig refused the offer to do an actual sequel, Ghostbusters 3. He only agreed once it was all female and a complete reboot. This is all in the leaked Sony emails.
>>
>>72018715
Watched it last night, and it is still GOAT
>>
>>72018715
Going to be watching them tonight with friends at a local theater. Along with the game cutscenes that have been edited to make a movie out of them. Gonna be a sweet event with cosplayers and shit.
>>
>>72018715

Those movies got 300 million in revenue with 30mil budget.

Eat shit.
>>
>>72018895
>>72018900
It is genuinely awful.
>>
>>72019014
Compared to?
>>
File: 1336859083389.gif (2 MB, 200x151) Image search: [Google]
1336859083389.gif
2 MB, 200x151
>>72019014
To you.
I enjoy watching Ghostbusters every time I watch it.
>>
>>72011765
>It's not like Ghostbusters was a movie for "little boys'
He's probably confusing it with the animated spinoff show that aired throughout the 80s and early 90s.
>>
>>72019067
Uncle Buck, for example.
>>
>>72019014
It's not. You are just reply hunting.
>>
>>72019228
It is.
I used to think it was a great comedy romp until I watched it yesterday.
What a difference 20 years make!
>>
File: prv15633_cov.jpg (217 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
prv15633_cov.jpg
217 KB, 900x1384
>>72012464
Maybe if the women were actually hot, like toon Janine and that goth chick from the 90s show, people might actually care. The people comics knew how to do a good female-centric Ghostbusters right.
>>
>>72011439
>Barbie for guys.

What if it was a classic bond-ish spy thriller where Barbie was a master of disguise, thus explaining all the outfits?
>>
>>72014379
Poor youngfag. No understanding of subtle humor. If it is isn't loud, obnoxious dick and farts jokes for 90 minutes he can't enjoy it. So sad...
>>
>>72018720
How did the producers of Futurama not sue?
>>
>>72019412
The writers of that episode were probably pissed but there was shit they could do about it. You can't copyright a premise.
>>
>>72014379
Are you 16? The scene with the piano is golden
>>
>>72019358
>actually hot
>cartoon characters
>>
>>72014238
I thought they banned it because it had ghosts or some shit?
>>
>>72019358
Why not just wait for Zone's once a year Flash?
>>
File: kermit-face.jpg (10 KB, 379x245) Image search: [Google]
kermit-face.jpg
10 KB, 379x245
>>72019358
>IDW
I'd probably check out the comics if it wasn't for that shit art.
>>
>>72020491
What's wrong with IDW?
>>
>>72011316
>“The original one exists, so you can see boys doing it, but how fun for girls to have this experience!”
PROTIP: girls don't give a fuck. they are too busy playing future gold diggers with Barbie and Ken, painting their nails or posting selfies with their iPhones on facebook and do general mundane, superficial, shallow girl shit.
>>
File: ghostbusters-finale.jpg (124 KB, 960x741) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters-finale.jpg
124 KB, 960x741
>>72020530
Well the Ghostbusters franchise in general, I know that their TMNT doesn't look like ass. I really can't stomach these designs.
>>
File: 1466079898038.gif (1 MB, 756x351) Image search: [Google]
1466079898038.gif
1 MB, 756x351
Shooting men in the dick is progress for women. Come little girls, grow up to hate your awful boyfriend's penis.
>>
>>72011316
please make don't break 100 million
>>
>>72020628
How is this film not being labeled as sexist?
>>
>>72011796
Yeah, fart jokes are far funnier than deadpan humor. :^)
>>
>>72020694
haha shut up silly men!

PLEASE WATCH MY MOVIE
>>
>>72020622
It's like they couldn't decide whether to adapt the live-action movie or the 80s cartoon and decided to just mix both.
>>
>>72016819
>>72016856
>>72018504
Warcraft and Green Lantern made over 3 million on their preview nights and both ended up flopping hard. Ghostbusters is finished.
>>
>>72018323
Barbie is possable too but would you classify her as an action figure? Don't answer, you probably would which just goes to show how your mind has been warped in the new environment of ignorance and over sensitivity.
>>
>>72020811

>Warcraft
> flopping hard

Didn't Warcraft do crazy well in China?
>>
File: group-1.jpg (1 MB, 1256x1154) Image search: [Google]
group-1.jpg
1 MB, 1256x1154
>>72020803
But there's even a crossover.
also why is Winston a Zika baby?
>>
>>72020913
Yeah, because it didn't have any ghosts in it.
>>
>>72020744
Can we get some Paul Feig WATCH MY MOVIE shops going? could be /tv/'s version of the Todd Howard meme.
>>
>>72020644
The chances of this breaking 100 million domestic is very slim. The few films that do break 100 million after 3.4 million debut usually have no competition the following week or play as counter genre to a bigger picture. Ghostbusters was never intended to be counter genre. Itt's meant to grab kids, but they're going for Life of Pets instead. It's meant to grab guys who would normally see these type of films but well....that boat has sailed. The only audience it has left is women over 25 and those don't return to watch movies twice unless there's a love triangle, thick romance plot or kinky sex where the female is dominated. based on thursday, it'll probably get at most 45 million this weekend with steep drop next week. Unless this film is soooo special that it bucks trend and we get a 35 million dollar count of Friday.
>>
>>72020569
I think there's a massive quantity of "female targeted" shit. Probably more than shit targeted towards men, outside of more niche areas like vidya. The problem is, most of it is utterly awful and flies under the radar for that reason
>>
If this doesn't beat Pets on it's opening weekend there will be hell to pay. BVS only held the top spot for two weeks and was laughed at for it. Not to mention Star Trek and Ice Age are right around the corner. Sony execs should be shitting their pants right now, desu.
>>
>>72021385
You're commenting like Sony hasn't been shitting it's pants since the first trailer dropped. They've been on damage control since. They've gone and fucked up their damage control but incompetence is something Sony Film is familiar with.
>>
File: 1422363560572.png (121 KB, 226x207) Image search: [Google]
1422363560572.png
121 KB, 226x207
>"Bawww I did it for the little girls"

Blame yourself if it fails you stupid cuck, you wrote the fucking awful script! You & Sony were the ones who had to sue Bill Murray to appear in it! You're the ones who made it a reboot ignoring the continuity because you didn't want to pay Ivan Reitman!

So go jump on the biggest, sweatiest dick you can find Feig. You get no sympathy from me
>>
>>72011316
>>72012889

>Feig claiming have never been girl ghostbusters before

Extreme Ghostbusters managed to take a big PC push and actually make it fucking good! What's your excuse Feig?
>>
File: 1463433067842.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1463433067842.png
325 KB, 382x417
>>72011316
>“I cashed in all my chips,” he says. “I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn’t work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail.”

Wtf is he talking about? Amy Pascal was 100% on board with him so much so that she pushed out Ivan Reitman. He didn't cash in shit.
>>
>>72021734
I think he's implying he boned Amy
>>
File: 3757734-jgb.jpg (44 KB, 298x640) Image search: [Google]
3757734-jgb.jpg
44 KB, 298x640
>>72021639
Didn't Janine bust ghosts frequently in the original show or was that just one episode?
>>
>>72021639
That show was so fucking good
>>
>>72021771
That would imply Feig has a dick.
>>
>>72021639
Everyone who never watch it or can remember what they watched want to assume that show was bad.
>>
>>72021771
That's a good point. For a fago like him that would take everything he had.
>>
>>72021455

The Facebook page for Ghostbusters is actively touting the Anti-Men review headlines and "certified fresh" rating. It's pathetic.
>>
File: 1425339805207.jpg (192 KB, 879x1024) Image search: [Google]
1425339805207.jpg
192 KB, 879x1024
>>72012889
You made a fucking movie.
You didn't cure a disease.
You didn't build someone a home.
You didn't feed hungry starving children.
You didn't invent the next technological step in human advancement.
You made a dumb fucking movie which will not change the world in any way and will be forgotten quickly.

Get over yourself.
>>
>>72016856
>FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Sony's Ghostbusters reboot brought in an estimated $3.4 million from Thursday night previews. Green Lantern also kicked off its Thursday with $3.4 million before opening with $53.1 million, X-Men: First Class started with $3.37 million on Thursday and opened with $55 million and The Great Gatsby brought in $3.25 million and opened with $50 million.

>tl:dr it's a healthy start but being compared to movies with large dropoffs.
>>
>>72021639
There has never been a rule against female ghostbusters.

This, along with the "Audiences don't want female leads" are lies perpetuated by a loud fringe.
>>
>>72021639
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEpCUB8IjzM
>dat theme song
>dem glorious proton pack
>>
>>72012889
A kid paid to wear a ghostbusters uniform made him cry.
>>
>>72011700
>>72011409

>china

hitler bunker levels of delusion
>>
>>72011316
who the fucks trolling?

also this old cunt looks like that 4chan YouTube kid
>>
>>72021941
>This, along with the "Audiences don't want female leads" are lies perpetuated by a loud fringe.
I agree. That's like saying women hate men because the don't want to go see action movies. Which they do go see because the men are beef cake sex symbols. Men like female leads if they aren't shit, targeted towards women, or avatars for feminist propaganda.
>>
>>72011796
no it isn't. ugly women making le 9gag quips after every sentence is not fucking funny you fat cunt.
>>
>>72021779
About three episodes, and one of them was in a dream land vs The Sandman. This is only to my memory. I have the first 3 volumes on DVD.
>>
>>72021941
There have been tons of movies with women in leading roles that have redefined the industry upon their release, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Alien, Ringu, etc. I have no idea where this rhetoric of "No wimmins in movies" came from except from the mouths of dumb executives and victim feminists.
>>
>>72022201
>Targeted towards women.

Hey, I liked Sound of Music!
>>
>>72011316
>Love Kristen Wiig (and her filmography)
>Love Kate McKinnon
>Like Melissa McCarthy (not so much her movies, but she seems like a sweet lady)
>Dislike Leslie Jones (yelling /=/ humor)
>Like Paul Feig (Spy surprised me with how fun it was)
>Not a Ghostbusters fan or nostalgist
>Ghostbusters 2016 trailer looks embarrassingly awful
>Mostly gay, and don't care about women and if they think I'm 'feminist' or not

Will I like this movie? Should I watch this movie?
>>
>>72016974
Kek
>>
File: file.png (161 KB, 1055x226) Image search: [Google]
file.png
161 KB, 1055x226
>>72011316
Even with overrated critics how can such numbers make something fresh?
>>
>>72022551
You have brain damage so probably
>>
>>72020628
Didn't Feig complain that all men's humor is dick jokes and that isn't funny at all?
>>
>>72022721
Which part would be the brain damage?
>>
>>72022551
Probably not. Folks who liked Spy hate this movie.
>>
>>72016819
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>72012808
Obviously China hates women. Manbaby headquarters
>>
>>72020954
So wait, did Necromancers and the Undead get renamed to something else in the game if China is sensitive about ghosts?
>>
>>72025031
There wasn't any undead in the Warcraft movie, probably because they knew China was a major market and the inclusion of undead and ghosts would chance it being banned.

Smart film development with a poor practical execution where as Ghostbusters 2016 relied heavily on the domestic market and nostalgia and didn't really have the fore-sight for the Chinese and other foreign markets which could be why they leaned so heavily on the controversy.
>>
>>72025031

It's a Warcraft adaptation, not a World of Warcraft adaptation.

It's a retelling of the events of the original opening of the Dark Portal (aka Warcraft 1).
>>
File: wowskeletonstohumanz.jpg (56 KB, 580x327) Image search: [Google]
wowskeletonstohumanz.jpg
56 KB, 580x327
>>72025031
Sorry, also mis-read your post, but yes, the Undead and Necromancers are named something else in the Chinese version of the game.
>>
>>72020913
Yeah, and Ghostbusters is already guaranteed a big fat goose egg in China
>>
File: 1468613604986.png (562 KB, 800x501) Image search: [Google]
1468613604986.png
562 KB, 800x501
>>
>>72011605
>And its also not wrong to want girls to have action toys too.

but girls instinctively dont want to be action heroes. they are biologically programmed to be care givers and nurturers that starkly contrast the hunter gather roles of men. this stuff has been thousands of years in the making, you cant just stop all of a sudden and expect women to want to be men and hold the same expectations society places on men
>>
File: laughing elf man.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
laughing elf man.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>72011409

>China
>>
>>72020628

subtle as fuck
>>
File: db0.jpg (26 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
db0.jpg
26 KB, 349x642
>>72022728
Yes. He wrote a whole article saying that "male humor" is nothing but bodily function and genitalia jokes.

Then Bridesmaids came out and everyone started saying "IT'S SATIRE"
>>
File: 7231_5.jpg (78 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
7231_5.jpg
78 KB, 728x409
>>72011316
I just realized paul feig is that guy from heavyweights. A shame he makes this shit since I liked that guy.
>>
>>72016974
she is disgusting to look at. I recently learned she is 48. no wonder. token shot on snl and this movie
>>
>>72011316
you are so full of shit, you have nothing left. By this point i dont want little girls to see this, the message you gave to this movie is that you can demand anything and if you are a girl and rich enough you will make it happen.
I hope you never get out of movie jail you piece of shit
>>
>>72021734
trying to create a narrative where this is somehow being made against all odds, despite all haters. except the only thing holding it back is a bad script, concept, and cast. the movie itself
>>
The ghost busters are exterminators.
I've never seen a female exterminator ever in my life
>>
File: 36568568.jpg (202 KB, 718x651) Image search: [Google]
36568568.jpg
202 KB, 718x651
>>72011409

>200 million in America

have you been watching the box office this year?
>>
>>72026584

That's because bugs are icky! You don't expect me to touch that rat, do you? Gross!!!!!!

Stupid man! You do it!
>>
File: 1467057973903.jpg (67 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1467057973903.jpg
67 KB, 1000x1000
>>72025468
>mfw they put that "certified fresh" sticker on the blu-ray in another attempt to trick people into seeing it
>>
>>72021941

>This, along with the "Audiences don't want female leads" are lies perpetuated by a loud fringe.

But that one is true.

When it's not a massively popular IP like a Star Wars sequel, female-led movies make way, way less money in most genres.

This is statistics, not opinions.
>>
>>72019187
Harold Raimis vs John Hughes?
>>
>>72018900
>Original two movies and the game cutscenes
>GB trilogy party

Sounds fun as fuck
>>
>>72011316
>But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, ‘See, a tentpole can’t be carried by female leads’”

Seriously? How would: "we're a business and this girl power shit (the shit you just admitted was the entire premise of this movie) didn't make us enough money" be an """excuse?"""
>>
File: 1467004417644.jpg (62 KB, 557x604) Image search: [Google]
1467004417644.jpg
62 KB, 557x604
>>72021930
EXACTLY.

I fucking hate seeing the "girls need role models too!" "Argument". 1dimensional fictional characters in a bad comedy flick shouldn't be anybodys role model.
>>
>>72026584
>The ghost busters are exterminators.
>I've never seen a female exterminator ever in my life
I actually have, she was extremely ugly, had warts on her face and shit like that.
>>
File: GhostbustersPullThePlugPls.jpg (121 KB, 960x642) Image search: [Google]
GhostbustersPullThePlugPls.jpg
121 KB, 960x642
>>72027471
Young girls want to be Disney princesses, not gun-weilding, ghost-killing freaks.

Normal people know this. Hollywood elite, not so much.
>>
File: BTFO.jpg (86 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.jpg
86 KB, 600x450
>>72011316
>“The original one exists, so you can see boys doing it, but how fun for girls to have this experience!”

>Implying a Super hero has to have a Vagina in order for little girls to have heros.

>Image very related.
>>
>>72028613
>Girls need characters to be female to relate to them
>"Boys can relate to female super heroes too you know!"
Are girls just inferior?
>>
>>72028874
When you teach a child that they are special, need special attention, and should be treated specially they grow up with the idea that the world should bend to my whim. In the western world little girls are told this from a very young age no matter the race or creed. Most boys are never told they are special and should be treated as such.
>>
>>72011316
>I’d like girls to be able to put on a proton pack and run around.

Who's stopping them?
>>
>>72029556
this

>Women are treated poorly! This needs to change!
>>I feel as if I'm not treated as well as others
>WOW men just HAVE to make everything about THEM
>shut up poopoo pants manybaby
>ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU FUCKING WHITE MALE
>>alright fuck you guys
>SEE this country has a horribly internalized misogyny problem!
>>
>>72021639
Kylie was awesome.

>I'm not a screamer.

How did that get past the censors?
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 238x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 238x338
>>72011409
>he thinks China is going to watch this garbage
>>
>>72012808
I'd like to see the feminists bash China for not releasing it
>>
>>72013050
Dont you guys worship ghosts?
>>
>>72013050
In Mexico this movie was pushed to August, one week after Suicide Squad.
>>
>>72018900
Sounds sweet as fuck bro enjoy!
>>
>>72020913
Ghostbusters is BANNED in China.
>>
>have a year pass to cinema
>be able to see any movie at any time you want
>still not going to see ghostbusters
>>
>>72013908
Why don't american males like field hockey? Is it because of Ice Hockey?
>>
>>72022551
Spy was surprisingly good and actually showed that with a good script McCarthy can carry a movie.

Based Statham and Law helped of course.
>>
File: ChinatownClient.jpg (176 KB, 795x332) Image search: [Google]
ChinatownClient.jpg
176 KB, 795x332
多謝 多謝
>>
>>72027585
>that Stewie plushie eyeing them with malice under the kids arm

It's the little things
>>
File: diansmug.png (66 KB, 191x190) Image search: [Google]
diansmug.png
66 KB, 191x190
>>72026746
Unless it's something like Alien, Frozen, Littler Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Silence of the Lambs, Ringu, etc.

Those are all exceptions, right?
>>
>>72011537
>wew someone was mean on the internet

slit your neck
>>
>>72011605
>To be fair
Daily reminder to just scroll past posts that start with these three words.

They're embarrassingly sugarcoated "opinions" written by downboat-fearful redditors 100% of the time
>>
>>72030919
The feminists have already largely abandoned this cause. They lose interest in things quickly.
>>
This movie was made for the Marvel audience so it will do fine.
>>
File: Kelvin Faggy.png (22 KB, 577x190) Image search: [Google]
Kelvin Faggy.png
22 KB, 577x190
>Blood still went on the streets of France
>"Remember, Ghostbusters comes out today. We could all use a little happiness right now."
>>
>>72034789
>bustin makes me feel good
>>
>>72034789
Turkey is on the verge of civil war but Ghostbusters am I right?
>>
>>72011316
How about something new with girls, instead of ripping off the past. I have no problem with female leads, but this guy acts like he's pushing for some kind great breakthrough in women's rights, when movies with lots of women have been made much more creatively.
>>
File: 1468268563954.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1468268563954.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>72011409
>$250 million in China
>>
File: kobeconfused.gif (2 MB, 198x222) Image search: [Google]
kobeconfused.gif
2 MB, 198x222
>>72011409
What a delicious moment of revelation
>>
File: 1467161841982.gif (338 KB, 538x572) Image search: [Google]
1467161841982.gif
338 KB, 538x572
>>72011409
>$250 million in China
>China
>>
>>72026588
>normie shit the list
>>
>>72034789
>Deadliest terror attack in french history
>Turkey being ravaged by a military coup and teetering on the brink of civil war
>Please buy a ticket for GhostBusters™
>>
>>72020628
>Some little boy is going to have a traumatizing experience having a girl go "I ain't 'fraid of no ghost!" and kick him in the balls.
>>
>director constantly makes fun of moviegoers, even going as far to call one an "asshole"
>expects people to pay to see his movie

They only have themselves to blame.
If they just made this movie without any agenda or narrative attached, people would have been open to the idea of it.
>>
>>72021639
>It has a woman, a black guy, a mexican, and a disabled person!
>Nobody calls it brave or daring
>Everyone acts like GB 2016 is shattering world views
>It can't even compete with a cartoon from 1997 that was mainly filling executive quotas
>>
>>72022728
He's a man. So clearly he's not funny. It checks out.
>>
File: REALLY MAKES YOU THINK.jpg (160 KB, 780x1386) Image search: [Google]
REALLY MAKES YOU THINK.jpg
160 KB, 780x1386
>>
>>72032070
Statham said some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard him say in Spy.

Not ashamed to laugh
>>
>>72011316
Do you think pretentious naturally oozes off of him or does he bathe in it daily.

He is one of the douchiest people I have ever seen or read. Everything this fucker says is tryhard look at me how better of a human I am. But it all stinks of pandering.
>>
>>72011409
doesnt have a release date in mexico either... so...
>>
>>72011439
but that's a good thing. It's important for us to make women spaces
>>
>>72011316
Its a good movie

Sorry homosexuals
>>
File: 1455215316566.jpg (65 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1455215316566.jpg
65 KB, 400x300
>>72034789
>>
>>72036039
Wasn't there an episode where they fucked up the cripples chair .. like he literally was left to drag his ass around to save the day because the others got trapped or something??
>>
>>72011513
Why do people like McKinnon?

It's like girls who say they think Cara Delevigne is hot, I just don't fucking understand. McKinnon isn't funny. She's NEVER been funny.
>>
>>72038950
The average pleb thinks that she is attainable.
>>
>>72011493
Neckbeards and wannabe male feminists would support this movie but no women will go with them to see it.
>>
File: tom-hanks-explosion.gif (842 KB, 228x171) Image search: [Google]
tom-hanks-explosion.gif
842 KB, 228x171
>>72011316
Why can't women accept that they're biologically inferior to men? It is literally their evolutionary purpose to give birth and care for children while men do important things.

I'd never say this to my girlfriend, but it's just the flat-out truth.
>>
>>72011409
>implying most of /pol/ gives a shit about some shitty Ghostbusters remake
Most of the people who care about this are gamergate Redditors
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCP937VRfI4
What's his name again?
>>
File: 1468622808379s.jpg (2 KB, 112x125) Image search: [Google]
1468622808379s.jpg
2 KB, 112x125
>>72039383
>I'd never say this to my girlfriend
Why the fuck not? I've told this shit to every gf I've ever had from day 1 and they've all either:
1. grudgingly agreed with me or
2. called me a pig but apparently not been moved by my misogny enough to break it off with me over it or let it effect their relationship with me in any form
>>
Literally what is "feminist" about this movie other than the all-women gimmick.

Were there "ugh men" jokes out the ass or some shit? I see no need to discuss this other than the fact that it's a gimmick.
>>
File: download_20160627_220951.jpg (249 KB, 900x684) Image search: [Google]
download_20160627_220951.jpg
249 KB, 900x684
>>72039534
Its been marketed as The Passion of The Christ for feminism.
>>
>>72019177
Even the cartoons had Janine as a 'buster from time to time, and Extreme GB had Kylie on it. Also a fit cripple, a spic and a nerdy nigger. And I loved them.

WHERE ARE YOU NERDY CRIPPLED NIGGERS, FEIG? WHAT ARE YOU, SOME SORT OF RACIST ABLEIST?
>>
>>72039534
The movie is extremely anti-male.

All of the male characters are assholes, Hemsworth is a dumb secretary type which the girls ogle over (haha it's okay to objectify men :^)), they literally beat the final boss guy by shooting him in the dick.
Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.