[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well? How was it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: gb.jpg (271 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
gb.jpg
271 KB, 1012x1500
Well? How was it?
>>
>>72006221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz5nn2YxW1w
>>
I just got back from seeing Finding Dory. It wasn't very good, but I guess it okay for a kid's movie. I really expected more from Pixar, and I wish they would stop making bad sequels to good movies.
>>
>>72006221
Pretty...bad.

But are you surprised?
>>
File: 1451796067246.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1451796067246.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>mfw The Purge Election Year has a better tomatoes score but inexplicitly isn't "certified fresh" like Ghostbusters is
>>
>>72006221
I'm surprised this is the only thread on it. I expected there to be lots of posts of people laughing
>>
>>72006289
Brad pulled his punches.
>>
>>72006347
It looks like shit im not seeing it.
>>
Not nearly the shitshow I was led to believe from the trailers/marketing/internet praise & hate

It was a blandly plotted/colorfully presented blockbuster that had a few good bits of dry humor. Should it warrant a sequel? Sure, I guess.

They spent more time then the originals testing out gear and failing... Which is the one aspect I always thought that was missing
>>
>>72006221
Nobody in my country cares. Too busy watching fishkino.
>>
>>72006347
Well, most of us didn't even bother going g to see it since we aren't interested.
>>
>>72006221
>>72006347
You won't see much until a cam gets uploaded, most you'll see is people posting negative reviews and the box office figures, but we need to wait until monday for that.
>>
>>72006385
So in other words, it's meh, right?
>>
hope their false flag in france to get enough ghosts to haunt theaters pays off for them
>>
>>72006385
Cont.

The one real negative is the villain. This movie needs no sort of human villain outside of a Walter peck "hey, fuck you phonies!"-type character.

Also there's a lot of times where they'll make a reference to the old movies (stay puft balloon for example) only to have THIS movie's reference (oh look Rowan's taking the form of the logo... And stay puft?) happen immediately after. It's like they couldn't choose just one and had both.
>>
>>72006438
It's forgettable meh-tier "entertainment"
>>
>>72006385
Why would you want a sequel to a bland movie? This movie wasn't held back by cash, it went exactly the way the director wanted it to go, so a sequel would be more of the same.

In fact the only thing he didn't get was his alien ghosts.
>>
>>72006508
First off, wouldn't necessarily want a sequel,I feel like a lot of exposition/world building/character bits are out of the way for the inevitable sequel to hopefully hit the ground running.

Or it'll be like ghostbusters 2, and they have to beat-by-beat color by numbers copy of what we've already seen
>>
It's good. Not great, but not bad. I usually range my movies as 'awful' if I get mad about the fact that I paid to see it. Or 'awesome' if I would be willing to pay to see it again with a different group of friends for a second viewing. But this was good. I saw it, liked it enough I wasn't mad, but won't see it again, not in theaters, not online, or ever again. If you made all the women into men, and kept literally everything the same, even hot pants Thor assistant, it would have still been good.
It felt like a good start to what will be another two movies, and hopefully, now that the mandatory team building is out of the way, the other movies will be more exciting? This was exciting too, but of course had the slow opening as they gather the group together.

It was funny, dry, colorful and well paced. The CGI was just awful though, but luckily that didn't mess with the movie itself, ironically enough. The ghosts in Ghostbusters were bad...how do you fuck that up?! If that was the style they were going for, ok, but next to the real people it was not good. Like in Sandler's Pixels, the end fight looks and feels the same. Dull and bland cause its 4 people against a green screen and the director says ACTION and they start flaking their guns around all silly willy at nothing. Made me roll my eyes and think they must have not had tennis balls for them to follow. Just space.

Sadly, or hysterically, Thor was the best part. I'm sure whoever else says that will be jumped for being anti-women, but really. He was. He had the best funny lines, and I guess maybe he's just a better actor? But being dumb and hansom really played well for him and he was a joy when on screen. They also used him sparingly, so maybe that also added to why he was great. I guess my one quip was that I wished they didn't make the black women BE 'the black one'. She's funny on SNL, but they just made her be the street smart, edgy, needs no man, cookie cut out. Shame.
>>
>>72006221
It's extremely average, i'd give it a 4/10 ignoring baggage or it being a reboot/reimagining/whatever. Much loser score if I considered the nonsense tumblr/twitter "drama" associated.
It's pretty much exactly like the leaks said and likely just how most people expected it to be. Decent opening, a few sort of funny parts, mostly just blah the rest of the way. Very stupid ending. Has very very little to do with the original movie outside of references and the title. They literally only "bust" one ghost.
The worst thing about it is how painfully mediocre it is, it's a solid D grade type thing. It's not so bad that it's absolutely unwatchable, but it has really no big redeeming scenes or positive aspects to it.
The cast is fine, just boring. The cameos are quite stupid, Murray looks like he just wants the day to be over and phones it in even more than he normally does.
As for other people saying men are all stupid in the film, that's pretty much true. I'd have to think hard to say if it's ALL men in it, but most if not all are either straight up evil or incompetent idiots. Thor is funny but it gets annoying fast.
Mckinnon is the most interesting by far but it's still not that great. Just her hamming it up.

Outside of the manufactured controversy, it's incredibly uninteresting. Robocop was a better reboot and it was shitty. The whole movie just feels unnecessary.

Basically everything you've read is true, no need to see it for yourself. I've already typed too much as it's just not worth anything.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.