[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of this show? I mean this being 4chan and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 20
File: sticker,375x360.u1.png (121 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.u1.png
121 KB, 375x360
What does /tv/ think of this show? I mean this being 4chan and all, I think we'd get the references this show makes. So is it too heavy handed for you guys, or do you think it's a good show? Just Curious.
>>
I think its a good show. But then again, Im not a 4chan memequeen, so
>>
Eliot is the hallucination and Mr Robot is real

Eliot died when robbit pushed him out of the window which drove him over the edge.

Also Tyrell is dead.
>>
It's awful, but I can't stop watching it
>>
File: Anon.jpg (39 KB, 636x424) Image search: [Google]
Anon.jpg
39 KB, 636x424
Yeah I like it too, it just makes me wonder what could've happened if "Anonymous" actually hacked the economy. Guy Fawkes masks and all.
>>
Angela getting BLACKED in S2 E2 bothered me.
>>
>>72003153
bonesaw ribbiot
>>
>>72003406
She's a confident woman, she can fuck whoever she wants.
>>
>>72003153
edgy
>>
>>72003245
Or Tyrell is real and Elliot and Mr Robot are his hallucinations. Also he was talking to Elliot at the end of Season 2. Definately not the last we've seen of that sleazy swedish fuck.
>>
Good:
>subject matter
>rami malek
>reasonably accurate use of code/hardware
>christian slater's in it
>most of the nordic guy and his wife's shtick
>unique cinematography like Utopia
>the music

Bad:
>that blonde's personality
>le edginess
>the brunette's face is off-putting as fuck
>heavy-handed on occasion
>lots of meandering in the plot
>>
>>72003649
literally this
>>
>>72003705
up voted, my friend.
>>
>>72003153
He recited a pasta word for word to the security guy at the datacenter. It was pretty cringy.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 384x203) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 384x203
>>72003153
>>72003153
>mr. normie
>>
>>72003857
post the pasta pls
i cant remember what it aas
>>
>>72003857
Heres the clip but where's the pasta?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wgJ3IyVEdM
>>
>>72004335
That whole "if you died, would anyone care" speech used to be posted alot. Strange that I couldn't find it anymore.
>>
>>72003406
(((usa network)))
>>
>>72004378
What if Elliot read it on 4chan?
>>
>>72003649
Any other shows like Utopia ? Don't mind the subject matter, I just want something that's as stylized and tackles its subject matter gracefully.
>>
File: HAHAHAHA.png (303 KB, 1174x744) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHA.png
303 KB, 1174x744
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
>>
>>72004451
It's fucking bothering me that I can't find it.
It used to be posted in feels threads like a year or two before this show.
>>
File: Fortitude.jpg (299 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Fortitude.jpg
299 KB, 800x1200
>>72004486
>>
>>72004612
sure it did, buddy.
>>
Quick question, how did they get away with saying Fuck? I thought USA was like regular cable and you couldn't go higher than Shit?
>>
After downloading the uncensored rip of it and watching it one week ago it interested me. This season isn't tho.
>>
>>72003406
the nigger is going to be a part of the story line apparently. its confirmed hes FBI
>>
>>72004335
>Think about Bill. If you died, would anyone care? Would they really care? Maybe they’d cry for a day, but let’s be honest. No one would give a shit. They wouldn’t. The few people who would feel obligated to go to your funeral would probably feel annoyed and leave as soon as possible. That’s who you are. That’s what you are. You’re nothing to anyone. To everyone. Think about it, Bill, cause if you do, if you let yourself. You know I’m telling you the truth, so instead of wasting anymore of my time, I need you to go call someone that matters. Because Bill, you don’t
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>72004804
They probably just accepted the petty fine that the FCC gave them.
>>
>>72004335
Why is he bullying Bill?
>>
>>72004335
>job that requires social engineering
>"Lol, lets send that fucking nerd who can barely speak to other people"
>>
>sabu and sup_g

If this is whats happening I'm going to drop it
>>
>>72005145
Will he let Elliot borrow his hot tub time machine in exchange for hacking someone?
>>
>>72004809
>only 2 episodes of season 2 so far
OMG THIS SEASON IS SO BORING
>>
>>72005257
Nothing literally happened in those two episodes. Its just ruined my ratio and buffer on BTN.
>>
Who played the FBI agent? She looked like Beth from Newsradio
>>
>>72005257
>Nothing literally happend

wut
>>
>>72005332
Grace Gummer, Meryl Streep's daughter. She was also on American Horror Story season 4.

She looked really hot in that Mr. Robot episode
>>
>>72003649
wow. this so much.
still one of the best on tv right now.
>>
File: frankieshaw.jpg (101 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
frankieshaw.jpg
101 KB, 480x360
>>72003649
Didn't know Christian Slater was /tv/s own boy.
Carly Chaikin looks like a horse with an underbite.
I'm getting tired of them placing the main character on the lower left or right quadrant of the scene. Doesn't it bore anyone else? Though I trust the show runner will have some new tricks up his sleeve this time. I also seem the be the only person who thinks Joanna isn't attractive? One more thing; they should have cast someone else to play Sakina Jafrey's role. I wasn't a fan of her delivery. It seemed so awkward to me. Like a person that looks the way she does wouldn't say the things her character says.

The openings scenes of every episode of always pure kino
>>
this show has so many qts
>that fbi agent
>>
>>72003563
>Tyrell is real and Elliot and Mr Robot are his hallucinations
This is something I considered. The way Tyrell's wife talked to Elliot at the end of S1 felt weird. I think it was implied that they knew each other, but she didn't expect him to recognize her.
>>
>>72003406
of course it bothered you, you're a neckbeard NEET with no social skills
>>
>>72003153
HORRIBLE
>>
I unironically think it's the best show currently in syndication.
First two episodes this season were average though.
>>
>hating mr robot because your opinions aren't allowed to align with the mainstream

rethink your lives
>>
Is hacking even a thing on 4chan anymore because I looked at /b/ like two weeks ago and it was weirdly a bunch of teens posting dick pics and Pepe memes. I feel like the mainstreams idea of what 4chan is happened in like 2007 or some shit
>>
>>72010136
4chan has been reddit 2.0 since like 2008
>>
>>72010166
i mean, it's 100% better than reddit. let's not be a fucking retard about it
that said, it is in a sad state compared to ye olden days
>>
>>72003361
>hacked the economy
kek.
>>
so leon is elliot's hood doppelganger? look how he disappears after his tense conversation with basketball player. I think they're going too far with fight club meme, they gotta stop
also elliot being in prison this whole time is pretty obvious
>>
>>72010136
the first rule of hacking is not to announce it
>>
>>72003649
tyrell is the only good part of the show, you moron.
>>
It's alright.
FSociety and everything is really bland and copied from anonymous.
Besides that the hacking is probably the most realistic you can get on TV. I really like the longer format instead of 45 minutes, allows it to flow more and not feel forced and rushed.
Protagonist is well played.
His sister is annoying as shit.
The girl who got killed was interesting.
Blonde is meh.
Slater is great.
Tyrrell is basically a Swedish Patrick Bateman, minus music, not bad.
Tyrrell's wife is good.
Executives are usually played alright.
Elliott's boss is also good.

First episode was great, but eventually just started dragging it's feet later on. 2nd Season premier is pretty good.
>>72004861
I really liked this monologue.
>>72010136
No.
Also, the reference he makes to a hacker website isn't necessarily about 4chan, it could be any chan.
>>
The surreal bullshit is getting out of hand this season.

I mean we get it, you wanna be like Fight Club. But try to do your own thing.
>>
>>72004631
man that poster really doesn't do Fortitude justice
>>
>>72012514
In an early S1 episode, one of the tabs open on Elliot's computer was 4Chan's homepage.
>>
File: 1439494152314.jpg (258 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
1439494152314.jpg
258 KB, 704x528
Wait a minute.....So we establish that Elliot forgot his Dad and Sister.

But it's been said that his Dad died...so where the fuck has his dad been all this time? His first encounter with Elliot in Episode one was borderline stalking him throughout the city & subway. That doesn't sound like they were in contact all this time and Elliot just forgot.

So he disappeared, came back out of nowhere. Meaning he wasn't present in Elliot's life at a certain point in his teen-hood, yet there are all these modern pictures on that Disk of his father
>>
>>72013790
His dad is dead, nigger. Mr. Robot is in Elliot's mind. Did you finish season 1?
>>
SO TAKE, TAKE ME HOME
COS I DON'T REMEMBER
TAKE, TAKE ME HOME
COS I DON'T REMEMBER
>>
can someone edit a screenshot from mr robot so that you only see haöf the characters face and write the caption >what dis they mean by this?
>>
File: 1462525104599.jpg (30 KB, 463x469) Image search: [Google]
1462525104599.jpg
30 KB, 463x469
It's really mediocre.
It tries to copy Fight Club but fails to appeal to even one thread of how Fight Club was an effective counterculture story.
It tries to pander to antisocial nerds, but Elliot is a huge fucking normalfag surrounded by hot girls. Even a goddamn little sister like something out of an animu.
Fsociety is a BK Kids Klub complete with a hee-jab h4x0rg1r7 just like Watchdogs.
The Swede cuck executive is interesting for about 5 minutes, at the start of episode 2 with that Mozart shit on full blast or whatever it was, then proceeds to be a cuck who gets schooled at every turn.
And I'm supposed to believe the childhood friend will have any presence at all as a bad guy?
Elliot looks like a freak with his actor's buggy eyes.
It's bad. It's just really bad.
>>
I find it insufferable.
>>
some people here say that joey bada$$ is part of elliotts imagination but for what purpose? mr robot symbolizes his arnachic side but what would leon be for?
>>
File: 1467151546935.jpg (55 KB, 504x511) Image search: [Google]
1467151546935.jpg
55 KB, 504x511
Mr. Robot is fucking garbage.

Originally stopped watching it five minutes into the pilot after the grand opening scene establishes the main character as being a piece of shit faggot snitch, calling the cops on a guy for running a Tor site. Fuck that, don't need no fucking narc protagonist. I'd rather fucking watch CSI Cyber reruns (and do).

Went back to the show a few months later and watched a few more episodes--boring, forgettable crap.

The only real selling point is Christian Slater, because he's awesome in everything, but he doesn't get nearly enough screen time.

Avoid.

Watch RL Stine's Eye Candy with Victoria Justice instead.

https://youtu.be/mM9H94jYrNE [Embed]

>"Eye Candy," based on the best-selling novel of the same name by R.L. Stine. The hour-long, 10-episode drama centers on tech genius Lindy, played by Victoria Justice, a 21-year-old hacker with a gift for seeing clues and connections in the digital world that others can't.

>Persuaded by her roommate to try online dating, Lindy begins to suspect that one of her suitors is a deadly cyber stalker. When the local cyber-crimes unit uncovers a potential serial killer in Manhattan, all signs point to this mysterious stalker. Teaming up with the cyber unit and some hacker friends, Lindy leads the charge to solve these murders while unleashing her own style of justice on the streets of New York City.
>>
>>72014377
so you're pro pedophilia... got it.
>>
File: 1422379248600.jpg (13 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1422379248600.jpg
13 KB, 597x519
>>72003649

fucking this. And fuck me the second season is going too far in the heavy-handedry.

Get your shit together writers
>>
>>72014405
First of all, he was only accused of distributing CP, not selling. Secondly, the specific content he may have been hosting doesn't matter, a snitch is a snitch.

Not to mention that this whole scene was a, frankly embarassing, attempt by the writers to glom onto the, by then dated, events of OpDarknet in a pathetic attempt to appeal to that kind of skiddie demographic ('ooh, he narcs on CP Tor sites, just like Anonymous, and they're cool and anti-establishment, so he's cool and anti-establishment, despite actually doing the work of the establishment for it in this case!').
>>
>>72003153
Anybody else find the premiere to be slightly disappointing?
>>
>>72003649
>the brunette's face is off-putting as fuck
DELET THSI

>>72014481
literally everyone thinks this. I don't know what the deal was, maybe they extended it into a 1.5 hour premiere at the last minute and had to fill it with fluff, but it really didn't feel like S1 at all.

Hope it doesn't bode badly for the rest of the season which Esmail is directing the entirety of.
>>
File: wut1.jpg (59 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
wut1.jpg
59 KB, 400x300
>>72004631

> Utopia = Fortitude
>>
>>72014572
>Don't mind the subject matter, I just want something that's as stylized and tackles its subject matter gracefully.
>>
>>72014463
Distributing CP is a crime too? I literally don't understand your problem with snitching on the operator of a private site whose sole purpose is to distribute it.

And concerning the anti-establishment thing: Elliott is deliberately naive in his hacktivism, or at least that's where the series seems to be pointing towards. Fsociety's hack was the work of a nihilistic group who haven't really thought things through (just like the real Anonymous). Their motivation is that chaos is tantamount to justice, which isn't the case in the real world.
>>
File: reading.png (77 KB, 287x326) Image search: [Google]
reading.png
77 KB, 287x326
>>72014609
>>
>>72005288
>Its just ruined my ratio and buffer on BTN.
Even the 1080p versions are only a couple of gigs, you fucking casual. But then again you're using BTN so obviously you're at the bottom end of the barrel.
>>
>>72014518
Oh ok, I just watched the premiere last night and I was ignoring mr robot threads until I finished it. It just felt like it was trying wayyyyyyy too hard
>>
One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Directing and cinematography is very inspired.
Acting by Rare Malek is always a great show (and rest of the cast follows him closely)
The writing mostly is very tight and effcient.

It is also very ambitious for a TV show.

Probably one of my favorite TV shows
>>
>>72015334
>Rare Malek
>>
>>72015399
>mfw watching him lose it in the season 2
>mfw he looked at times like a pepe going nuts.
>>
>>72003153
What does the 'f' in fsociety even stand for? I don't think they ever explained it in the show. Bit strange if you ask me.
>>
File: 1449751335603.jpg (79 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1449751335603.jpg
79 KB, 258x245
>>72015429
>>
>>72003153
It's a great show. To show crazyness is always good. But /tv/ has a shitty taste. It thinks Fargo was awesome and it was shit.
>>
>>72015445
It stands for 'fuck'
>>
Darlene getting CYBERED when???
>>
>>72015455
>>72015399
Someone use that artificial intelligence morph program to morph Malek's and pepe's face.
>>
>>72003406
I liked it. Was unexpected to me and BLACKING is always hot.
>>
The joke of that lawyer lady was fucking savage
>>
>>72003649
What he said
>>
>>72015484
She has the EXACT same shape face as Anna Gunn
>>
File: 140232871.jpg (21 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
140232871.jpg
21 KB, 306x306
>>72005288
>ratioless tracker
>ruined ratio and buffer
>>
>>72004765
Fuck you!
>>
File: lurk moar.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
lurk moar.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>72012514
he is literally browsing 4chan in the first episode you dweeb
>>
Joey Bada$$ is definitely in Elliot's head, right?Since when was Elliot the type to make friends?
>>
>>72016847
>just browsing the front board instead something specific
I can picture the background design team googling "4chan site"
>>
>>72017251
raid board has been removed for a decade or something already
>>
>>72017275
What is raid board?
>>
>>72017412
Old ass joke that I recall from 2006-2008.
>>
I like this show. Everything is so on point. The music, the acting, etc. When someone says this has no redeeming qualities whatsoever I can't help myself but to picture that person as someone who would watch something like this ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbuluDBHpfQ ) and unironically think that it's the best thing since the dawn of mankind.
>>
>>72017412
/r/aid was a non-existant board many people repeatedly asked moot to implement. Someone even took it up during 4chans expo at that anime contention 4chan used to have an anual presense at which led to m00t standing up and voicing his belief that raiding is part of the cancer that is killing 4chan and only juvenile people participate in such activities. Shortly after raiding became a bannable offense.
>>
>>72003406
That was the best part of the series. To bad it wasn't HBO or we could have seen more. You know he took her really rough and with little regard and that she liked it. I'm guessing it began in doggy fashion until she got so into it she flipped it over and took control. He probably finished with extreme amounts and she was privileged to have every drop. Maybe it'll be on the blueray.
>>
>>72005145
Wait, the episode where they burn the money is the second episode? What the fuck did I miss with the first?

That really felt like the opener
>>
What's sad is I bet many of you thought "reddit" when she smashed the ball snatchers phone.

While true, it's also neo4chan. Neo4chan is all about meaningless protests and for the lulz shit like cutting the balls off that bull and talking about how your fighting big business while recording a video on your iPhone to be uploaded to facebook.
>>
>>72019911
don't worry, you missed nothing.
>>
>>72020068
Esmail is probably a legitimate oldfag.
>>
>>72012282
aren't we done comparing it to fight club? what are the big similarities other than the figment of imagination-thing?
>>
>>72020839
Well there's the obvious bring down the bad corporations.

But that's been a plot line in literature and film for ages before Fight Club.
>>
>door to Elliot's room keeps closing like it's an institution or something
>Visitors sitting on opposite ends of a table
>Strict schedule
>Church
>Negro and Elliot never interacts with someone simultaneously
>Part of the convo with Anal Therapist is cut because Elliot doesn't trust us
>Control is an illusion
>>
>>72021176
>Elliot stopped trusting the viewer.
I thought this was a very nice twist in the show.
>>
>>72015445

depends on the circumstances.
Fuck. Free. Fake, i think there were some other(s)
>>
>>72021610
Think it's the former, eff society and all that jazz
>>
>>72021176
The only reason people didn't see the "eliot's sister" twist coming is because people were expecting everyone to be figments of eliot's imagination.
>>
>>72019911
That was part two. You missed Elliot's perfectly constructed loop and the ransomware.
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.