[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I watch original or redux?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 144856.jpg (968 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
144856.jpg
968 KB, 1920x1080
Should I watch original or redux?
>>
People will tell you that one is better than the other for this reason or that. But truth is, as long as you're not a pleb, you'll enjoy it either way. One extra scene shouldn't ruin the film for you.
>>
>>72000995
Redux, but skip the plantation scene.
>>
>>72002827
what's wrong with the plantation scene? I quite liked it myself
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 460x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 460x800
>>72002827
The plantation scene is like 90% of the added shit in the redux. Not even really worth watching if u gonna skip it. Besides its quite good.
>>
Original first because the pacing is much better, but if you enjoy it, it's definitely worth watching the Redux as well.
>>
>>72000995
Neither, this is a terrible flick
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 199x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 199x200
>>72003386
>>
>>72002827
it's that the whole point of watching redux?
>>
>>72003275
it was too preachy, then again the whole movie is like that, but it read like a college freshman wrote some first draft about an essay on indochina politics after reading a couple of newspapers
>>
>>72003186
It breaks the pace of the film
They are just next to Kurtz after he was hyped through the whole film. Nothing wrong with the scene by itself, but you don't want to hear about some french farmer drama at that point.
>>
BUBBA!
>>
>>72004894
wrong movie
>>
>it aint me, im no senators son
what did marlon brando mean by this?
>>
Original is literal perfection. Any change is making it worse.

Redux just has more stuff which is all good but not all necessary. The problem is pacing. Redux is still mostly one of the greatest fucking movies ever.
>>
>>72003667
>>72004860

Plus Coppola fucking hated it, which you get to see in Hearts of Darkness. Everything he cut, he cut for a reason and I don't think the film is any better for putting it back in.
>>
>>72000995
Original. 10000%. The Original is a perfect film. Redux footage is unnecessary on a first watch. After you've seen the original cut go back and watch the redux for more background if you want. Redux added scenes destroy the flow and rhythm of the movie.
>>
>>72000995
I watched redux first and I missed some of the scenes that were not in the original. Common criticism is that there are several comedic scenes in redux that don't go well with future scenes where the main character goes back to being a hardass, not a big deal honestly. It's my favorite movie so I don't mind seeing more of it.
>>
OP here. I watched the original.

And I didn't like the movie. Nothing wrong with the story/plot. I just didn't like the pacing, acting and general presentation of the film.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.