[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why not read a book instead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: book_PNG2115.png (2 MB, 2186x1031) Image search: [Google]
book_PNG2115.png
2 MB, 2186x1031
Why not read a book instead?
>>
>implying I don't
>>
I read too slow.

I always have to repeat the words in my head, I never learned how to not do that.
>>
Why do some normies act like it physically hurts them to read?
>>
>>71991119
I never read because Im an alcoholic

My Mom usually reads to me after she tucks me in every night
>>
I read to prepare myself for film. I watch film to prepare for reading. I call it the Patrician's Cycle.
>>
I am slow as fuck, and need time to comprehend shit which is why i read slown
>>
>>71991119
Because reading a book requires anywhere from 8-20 hours to read, depending on your availability, reading pace, and free time.
Its also more involved, so its not something that's easy to pickup.
>>
Whenever I read I will assume the word printed is something else and end up slowing down. it's really fucking annoying. I do enjoy reading though, I just don't do it as often as I would like
>>
File: frog_with_a_question_mark.png (8 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
frog_with_a_question_mark.png
8 KB, 231x218
>>71991119
which one though?
>>
Because I can watch like 5 movies in the time it would take to get through an average length book
>>
cinema is a superior genre
the past century was carried by briliant authors who elevetad the genre to such a level that people automaticly think all barely average books are masterpieces
every time you hear someone say "Books are the gateway to our imagination." or similar quotes, a book commits suicide
>>
Because im lazy
>>
>>71991344
Fucking this
>>
File: 1468308983028.jpg (267 KB, 1743x981) Image search: [Google]
1468308983028.jpg
267 KB, 1743x981
I kinda got a trauma of it, because the literature of my country (huezil) is boring as fuck and the trachers force you to read it in school
Onky after I finished school I read a book for pleasure, Robinson Crusoe, I've read more since then but it is hard to convince a scared dog of something
>>
I started reading because I wanted to talk about high art but /tv/ only talks about capeshit, so I tried /lit/. I wish I just knew a better place to go to discuss film.
>>
You can't read a book with friends.
>>
>>71992223
Not with pleb friends you can't
>>
>>71991119
Becauase I read 4chan posts
>>
>>71991119

Try to all the time. But I don't it's cos I'm attracted to the internet and its avalanche of shitposts
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.