[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know how is the foundation adaptation by HBO and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: foundation_covers.jpg (371 KB, 1248x662) Image search: [Google]
foundation_covers.jpg
371 KB, 1248x662
Does anyone know how is the foundation adaptation by HBO and jonathan nolan doing ? No news since nov 2014
>>
Bump. You don't like sc fi ?
>>
Bump. You don't know Asimov ?
>>
File: 1345663364805.jpg (308 KB, 638x850) Image search: [Google]
1345663364805.jpg
308 KB, 638x850
I never even heard about. Did a quick search and found nothing less than a year old. I see Roland Emerich's name attached so I doubt it will be goid. Probably in development hell anyway.
>>
>>71990524
I wouldn't put my finger on it, really.
They could still be in pre-production, though. Adapting a 60 year old book series like Foundation as a modern TV series is no easy task.
>>
>>71990524
>Why do you put a space before the question mark?

Give it a rest, anon.
Jonah Nolan is working on Westworld now. What comes after no one knows.
>>
>>71991756
>>71991770
Yeah I know it's still less than two years, which is ok for the pre production of something this big, but I'm worried because there is not a fucking single news. Maybe there is not a lot of fan to search for audition and shit ?
>>
>>71991293
>>71991681

Nah you just made a completely uninteresting thread.
>>
>>71991942
I want to talk about Foundation adaptation. How is it going, who could be cast. How can I make a more interesting thread ?
>>
>>71992019

I don't know, man. Maybe find some facts about it, post your own views and opinions.
>>
>>71992384
Hm yeah, sorry about that then. I'm on my phone so it's hard to do something with details but I will do it next time. Still, not a single news since 2014 ?
>>
File: pleeblands.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
pleeblands.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
>>71990524

Same with the Madaddam adaptation. I wanna see that shit and apparently it's still on according to Arafonsky and Margaret Atwood
>>
Foundation sucks.

After his hiatus the writing is too heavily influenced by Dune.
>>
>>71993008
Between the 3 et the 4 ?
>>
You know about 50 percent of the cast will contain niggers, women, faggots and trans niggers. Why would you want that?
>>
>>71993715

cry more
>>
>>71993715
Well, I'm okay for the woman and the faggots. I don't remember niggers in Foundation but still I'm okay. But no trans plz
>>
>>71990524
i've read all the foundation but who is that 3rd pic supposed to be? Bliss?
>>
>>71993369
>second foundation
>Foundation's Edge

Never liked any of the later stories.
>>
if you're going to do The Foundation you may aswell start by doing his Robot novels, also the foundation series kind of lost its way after The Second Foundation
>>
>>71993715
Honestly with the Foundation series this doesn't bother me.

Unless they ditch the plot and themes of the work to make an SJW hugbox like they did with A Song of Ice and Fire.
>>
Will Daneel be black?
>>
>>71994301
Same here, Asimov was quite progressive, even for now

Well it's clear it lost its way but it was interesting to read. It would still be great untill season 4 or 5
>>
>>71993899
Wasn't the whole point of Foundation that it involved human society in aggregate regardless of special snowflake shit like race and gender?
>>
>>71994412
Yes. And ?
>>
>>71994412
yes but the empire still had different cultures and races distinct from each other. i.e the yeast farmers in Trantor, Hari Seldon being a twister(martial art practised on Helicon) and his adopted son Raych Seldon from Dahl described as darker skinned
>>
I could see that one woman from the last novel being some big mary sue edgelord in a visual adapatation. That Gia chick
>>
>>71994858
surely she should be a flower child nympho hungry for old man cock with brief flashes of lucidness when Gaia fully exerts itself
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.