[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True Detective Season 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 7412_1392713037.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
7412_1392713037.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
So I finally watched True Detective S1 for the FOURTH time and the more I think about it the more I realize that this was the watershed moment for TV crime genre. I have simply not found a show that captures mood, ambiance and its own style so well (apart from a few contenders). Everything here is beautifully put: the paradoxical chemistry between Marty and Rust, the sinister atmosphere, the buildup and pacing, the stellar performances, elegant cinematography, tense soundtracks, Fukunaga's directing and yes, Rust's charisma. This show is a MASTERPIECE.

Why can't I shake this romanticized nostalgic memory when this show was on and we would discuss the episodes here? Will there ever be anything like it again?
>>
It's the best single season of any TV show ever.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhJGA2QvyeQ
>>
>>71986969
>So I finally watched True Detective S1
>for the FOURTH time
Stopped reading there.
>>
Woody knows. McConaughey knows.

Would be surprised if there isn't a spin-off involving at least one of them.

HBO know there is demand for it.
>>
You watched it four time and you still haven't caught up on how terribly it is written from episode 1 onwards, until the end of the series?

Good grief.

Carried by star power and above average directing for TV.
>>
>>71987030
I will probably remain watching this season until the end of my life. Each time with more years in between. It means too much to me to let it go forever.
>>
>>71987089
Say what you want but the characters are well-written and likeable|relateable.
>>
Shame the second season was nowhere near as good
>>
Rust was single best character on TV in decades.
>>
>>71987193
Rusty was comically edgy, grating/jarring.
Marty was quality character.

Both actors were really good.

Season 2 was one of the biggest shits I've seen
>>
>>71987272
I simply can not feel the "cringiness" some of you have with Rust. At least he had good dialogues and a charisma to match. What's not to enjoy about an over-the-top "cool" character? As long as he's not surrounded by other over-the-top "cool" characters there will be pleasearable interactions.

That's why S2 was so shit. They tried to make everyone Rust and it just doesn't work like that because there is no contrast or edgy feeling to be had with normie characters
>>
>>71987530
I don't feel *cringe* whatever the fuck that is. His edgyness was grating

>Charisma.
Again, carried by McCough's acting shops. The writing itself was v. bad
>>
anyone have webms of this?
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 400x223
Woody Harrelson's mouth movements
>>
File: I98FnYJ.gif (754 KB, 215x337) Image search: [Google]
I98FnYJ.gif
754 KB, 215x337
>>
>>71987530
>That's why S2 was so shit.

Pretty sure it was because nearly everything from S1 was stolen from a book.
>>
File: WKEa7p8.png (219 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
WKEa7p8.png
219 KB, 720x404
>>71987915
And did you read that book?
>>
Rust was an edgy try hard fedora while Marty banged prime pussy
>>
>>71988076

Not him but I read most of it when it was free on Amazon. There are only a few decent chapters, but it's an anthology, and most of the other stories are bloated and boring.

It also doesn't have much to do with TD either.
>>
>>71987915
which book?
>>
>>71987003
Sopranos 6B and 5 are #1 and #2, True Detective S1 is 3rd
>>
>>71989514
>Sopranos

Literally a fat piece of classless trash cries about his cunt mother while his hideous friends and family are also irredeemable toilets: the show.
>>
>>71989514
Overrating TD S1 a lot. It was horribly written mess.
>>
>>71988076
So I finally watched this ass for the FOURTH time and the more I think about it the more I realize that this was the watershed moment for the TV ass shots genre. I have simply not found an ass that captures mood, ambiance and its own style so well (apart from a few contenders). Everything here is beautifully put: the paradoxical chemistry between the cheeks, the succulent atmosphere, the buildup and pacing, the stellar performances, elegant cinematography, tense buttocks, Fukunaga's directing and yes, Rust's hands. This ass is a MASTERPIECE.

Why can't I shake this romanticized nostalgic memory when this ass was on and we would discuss the t&a here? Will there ever be anything like it again?
>>
Why did he not mow his own lawn if he cared that much about it?

Also the scenery and music really added to the shows appeal for me.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.