[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did /tv/ like chappie? I didn't really browse this board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Did /tv/ like chappie? I didn't really browse this board when that was screening.
>>
Better than elysium but was still pretty dumb
>let me continue to secretly visit my captured robot instead of telling the authorities
>>
Really fun movie. Great action, though some people hate blompkampf. I like die antwoord so I thought their characters were charming. The score was good too.
>>
I liked it, 8/10. Blomkamp visual presentation always bumps things up a bit.

The story/plot were a decent grittier take on various A.I. tales that have been well tread. I didn't mind Die Antwoord but their presence kinda cored the movie around being more cartoonish than necessary.
>>
i really, really liked it
most people seemed to hate it, although i wonder if we'll come full contrarian and embrace it now
>>
>>71983917
The Indian guy probably did that because he knew if he did go to the cops, he'd be going to jail himself for stealing the robot cop and walking off with the guard key at worst, and being black listed from the any tech job at best.

The really stupid thing was why Chappie didn't take the Indian guy to a hospital, or someone didn't tell him, he needs medical attention and not his brain being transferred.
>>
>>71983872
I liked it, but there were a lot of really stupid decisions made. Why didn't indian programmer go to HR or his boss about this wolverine wannabe asshole? Or tell them that wolverine is the one who fucked up the robots? Or why didn't they attempt to sell the moose to the military instead of the police? Lots of small problems like that.
>>
>>71983917

He was kind of in a bind. If he told the authorities, he'd be admitting to stealing the robot, and the thumb drive, from work himself. The robot was supposed to be destroyed, written off as a total loss by insurance, and the thumb drive was never supposed to leave the building as a matter of information security, as it held a significant corporate secret. He'd be fired and probably arrested for whatever the South African equivalent of grand larceny and corporate espionage are called. His career would be over, and the police robot project itself would probably be scrapped in favor of the Moose.
>>
File: 9136625.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
9136625.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>71983872
This movie fucking sucked
>>
I liked it but I think it should have had a different ending.
>>
>>71983872
yeah I liked it
>>
>>71984149
Because he didn't know who sabotaged the robots dumbass, they only were able to isolate the malicious program. It was only when they came face to face when indian guy was already shot did Chappie ID him.
>>
I wanted to like it, but I couldn't relate to the two wiggers.
>>
>>71986327
The man wigger was just a complete asshole who even though he wasn't the biggest asshole, he was not relatable until the end when he was willing to sacrifice himself for his woman. The woman wigger at least was had some paternal instincts in how she wanted chappie to grow up to be his own thing and not just as a criminal.
>>
Die Antwoord fans liked it. Sensible people hated it.
>>
>>71983872
the whole movie felt like a ruined orgasm.

i think elysium was better.
>>
>>71986430
SHES A SHE DESPITE HER SHITTY BOWL HAIRCUT

SO ITS MATERNAL, OR PARENTAL INSTINCT

>>71986562
THATS BECAUSE ELYSIUM WAS BETTER

CHAPPIE WASN'T ENTIRELY SHIT BUT BY FAR THE WORST BLOMKAMP, PUT ALL HIS CARDS ON DIE ANTWOORD AND CROSSED IT WITH JOHNNY 5, FAR TOO NICHE OF A MOVIE

ELYSIUM WAS AMAZING IN IMAX, CHAPPIE WAS ONLY MEH IN IMAX
>>
>shitty villain whos unbelievably unhinged
>extremely unlikable main characters (yes, your whore waifu)
>silly plot centering around several macguffins and contrivances

Blomkamp is great at visuals and designs but he really needs someone else to do his scripts.
>>
File: help.jpg (13 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
13 KB, 540x540
>>71983872
>clear speaking antagonist at the beginning is given subtitles when he can be understood perfectly well
>die antwoord are not given subtitles when they can barely form a coherent sentence in english

so many baffling creative decisions in this movie
>>
>>71983872
I liked it but thought it was tonally all over the place. Better than Elysium but worse than District 9.
>>
>>71986776
>Kevin smith photo

Fag
>>
File: johnny five short circuit.jpg (138 KB, 1078x607) Image search: [Google]
johnny five short circuit.jpg
138 KB, 1078x607
>>71983872
>Did /tv/ like chappie?
Pretty lukewarm reception on /tv/ as I recall. Most people seemed to like Ninja and Yolandi. There's a really good movie burried in chappie, but it just feels like it was trying to do too many things. It feels like it could have used another draft or two on the script to really streamline some of the clunkier elements.

As a reboot of the short circuit franchise though, it was great.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.