[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no overarching storyline >episodes completely gloss over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: brooklyn-99-swedes.jpg (108 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
brooklyn-99-swedes.jpg
108 KB, 612x380
>no overarching storyline
>episodes completely gloss over seemingly major events in the previous episode
>conflicts constantly left unresolved
Anyone else hate when otherwise funny shows do this?
It feels like the writers didn't actually expect anyone to watch an entire season in chronological order
>>
>>71971376
>It feels like the writers didn't actually expect anyone to watch an entire season in chronological order
You've never watched a FOX show before this, have you?
>>
File: 1306049403400.png (939 KB, 808x728) Image search: [Google]
1306049403400.png
939 KB, 808x728
>>71971376
I gave this show a chance, and I really wanted to like it, because some of it and a lot of the characters are really funny. But I just can't stand Adam Sanberg's face.
>>
>no overarching storyline
Don't start your argument with something patently untrue. There is definitely one each season, and it not only gets more and more prominent throughout the season, but also from season to season. I wouldn't mind them increasing it a mite more tho
>>
>>71971376
different people write different episodes. emotional character moments are just devices to close stories, they don't matter. none of this matters.
>>
Saw one episode. Samberg got too annoying and tries to be """"""""""""""""""""""""""funny""""""""""""""""""""" every scene.
>>
overarching storylines are shit for syndication
>>
File: 1468332511922.jpg (40 KB, 526x394) Image search: [Google]
1468332511922.jpg
40 KB, 526x394
>>71971526
Post more kot
>>
>>71971376
Which season are you talking about
>>
It's what happens when you have a room full of people writing several episodes at once, which works for shows like Seinfeld in which every episode has strict rules to it which the showrunners finalize every week. Shows like Brooklyn Nine Nine, The Office, Community etc. lose their dramatic and comedic edge when the show has no strong showrunner to prevent the wacky week-to-week subplots from defining the show. I think this is where 'flanderization' comes from, when characters lose all depth as a result of the writers attempts to meet our expectations for these week-to-week antics. The episodes of these shows that are typically praised beyond their prime are those that offer a surprising sense of drama, because it means the writers managed to bring realistic emotion back into a world without logic or danger.
>>
>>71971376
It's a real shame, the cast is surprisingly funny. The writing can be bloody awful.
>>
I actually like this show.
Andy isn't totally insufferable in it, Holt is legitimately funny, and the rest of the cast do a great job of staying true to their characters so far.
>>
>>71971526
>>71971376
>tfw he's literally banging my talentless hackfu RIGHT NOW
Can't watch his show literally only because of this
>>
File: joanna newsom.jpg (351 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
joanna newsom.jpg
351 KB, 2048x1365
>>71972977
forgot pic of talentless hack who is hot and my waifu
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.