[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ON season 6 of Parks and Rec, does anyone else get really fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: leslie.jpg (392 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
leslie.jpg
392 KB, 960x1440
ON season 6 of Parks and Rec, does anyone else get really fucking annoyed at this show? My friends all pitched it as a good Office-type show, but jesus fuck, I hate half the characters in this show.

Leslie Knope is annoying, and pretty much every single one of her "jokes" consists of "I MEMORIZE EVERY DATE AND WORK VERY HARD XD". Ben is just anti-funny, only serving the purpose of the straightman while also sucking up showtime. (leslie+ben is fucking cancer on screen, not even remotely funny.)

Jerry is like, they attempted to do Toby from the office but just overdid it. I realize that this is debatable, but I think a lot of the comedy from toby was that everyone didn't like him, but only Michael was childish enough to outright hate him.

Every episode is the same, they get themselves in a situation and only at the end do they do a speech between two characters that's like "yeah i know we disagreed but i learned my lesson and you're right we're besties xd".

I will admit that about half the cast is genuinely funny, Chris, Tom, Ron, Andy, and even April (who i'm starting to really hate) are actually funny (if not heavily flanderized already). It's just such a shame that its littered with garbage writing. Like did anyone actualyl think the chris-ann storyline was good? At all? Or how leslie is currently being fucked by her town and EVERY character is just repeating to her "You do really great work and it's just unappreciated".

Im on the london episode and i just turned off my TV when april started reading the letter to her.

I realize im fucking mad and ranting over a tv show, but jesus christ, why is this show so popular. am i just retard? do i have shit tastes?
>>
It's "feel-good" comedy. /tv/ has warped you so bad that you no longer believe in such a thing. Think about that.
>>
>>71971101
LOl this is my first time on /tv/, I legit just came here to shitpost about this show. All my friends like it, I seem to be the only one who can't enjoy it.

I really did enjoy the first 3 seasons but it's just been 2 seasons of garbage and repetitiveness at this point.
>>
>>71971025
>says he hates the show
>watched all 6 seasons
>>
>>71971157
The first 3 seasons were actually enjoyable, but now its just going down the drain
>>
File: waiter.jpg (6 KB, 180x325) Image search: [Google]
waiter.jpg
6 KB, 180x325
>this show got six seasons
I weep for the future.
>>
>>71971101
feel good comedy doesn't have to be devoid of originality. OP is right, P+R burned out hard during and after S5, maybe excepting episodes involving Tom. Tom actually maintained a pretty good character arc.
>>71971153
you pretty much nailed it. S1-3 is gr8, S4 is mixed, S5+ is stagnant show syndrome
>>
I remember binging at least two or three seasons several years ago, and I thought it was okay. I honestly liked it better than The Office, which just never really clicked with me for some reason.

Don't know about the later season though. Could have gone to shit. Hell, probably says something that I dropped it at a point, doesn't it?
>>
>>71971153
fuck off newfag. Even though we know that's a lie. You've been here for a while
>>
>>71971025
I want to cum too soon inside Leslie and call her mommy
>>
>>71971243
The plot at this point vaguely reminds me of the last season of the Office, where Andy went from being guy with good intentions trying to be a good boss to fucking asshole because lol. The town hating on leslie is just random, it makes no sense, it only serves to fuel weak episodes.
>>
>>71971025
Only funny characters are Jean-Ralphio and Mona Lisa you cuck
>>
>>71971025
fuck you, i liked it
>>
>>71971458
>It's a Jean-Ralphio episode
>>
>>71971025
It's unfunny American bullshit. Amy Poehler is one of the most cringeworthy 'comedians' out there
>>
Is this the show where fascist sheep from Zootopia stars?
>>
>>71971025
Its more 30 rock than the office. Its funny, but the writing is basic and simple and the characters dont really develop outside of "oh, i wanted to do this so now im this!" and everyone cheering about it.
Comfy show though, funny characters and lots of good actors for one sitcom. 7/10 I think
>>
>>71971025
dropped it around the leslie/ben shit in season 5, and it was already getting stale

still enjoyed what i did watch though, had some very funny moments
>>
>>71971613
But he's the wooooorst
>>
The show annoyed me keeping Rashida Jones' character in the show for literally no reason beyond season one.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.