[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: file.png (618 KB, 900x1126) Image search: [Google]
file.png
618 KB, 900x1126
It
>>
>>71952374
the tumblr nose
>>
Didn't they make a very good adaption in the 90's? Why do we need another IT movie when The Stand hasn't got one yet?
>>
>>71952374
NO
>>
>>71952759
STYLE
>>
>>71952838
HE
>>
>>71952848
JUST
>>
Oooo generic evil clown so scary
>>
>>71952927
what did I do? I brought up a good question.
>>
>>71952748
it wasnt perfect.it shat the bed halfway through.
>>
>>71953076
So it followed the book faithfully then.
>>
>>71952366

If It was all I had access to as a child in terms of horror I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything It would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line

check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah. Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, It looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>71952960

good questions are for that other site which shall not be named.

memes are for this site.
>>
>>71952366
Wow, they didnt make him a nigger? Totally didnt see that not happening considering what they are doing to white characters lately.
>>
AIN'T ME
>>
File: 1467473711583.jpg (191 KB, 1361x767) Image search: [Google]
1467473711583.jpg
191 KB, 1361x767
>>71953114
>cartoon horror
>>
>>71953178

he's an evil clown

only white men can be evil
>>
>>71952366
cringed hard at that pic
>>
>>71953178
he's not even human and also covered in clown makeup constantly so really that's irrelevant
>>
>>71953178
>>71953737

Yuo can smell the baby powder wafting off you stupid cunts.

Must be so hard to realize that the majority of actors, good ones even, in Hollywood are white gee maybe they're getting the roles because they're the majority? And wow a caucasian villain how quaint and original that hasn't been a thing since cinema was invented!

If you're going to be a stupid cunt crying about race, get a better argument.
>>
File: image.png (62 KB, 350x281) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62 KB, 350x281
>>71953522
Underrated
>>
>>71953861

there is no denying that hollywood has a huge boner for white female/black man relationships on screen or are you denying it? the combination is actually pretty rare in real life but for "some" reason hollywood movies and tv is full of it

why do you think that is?
oh and while you are at it when was the last time you saw a evil black guy character in a hollywood movie in which there wasn't a white guy pulling the strings behind the curtains?

and why has the brilliant black nasa scientist become a trope if there are barely any black scientists in real life?
>>
I wasn't aware that Kefka was in It.
>>
File: 1457880005051.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1457880005051.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>yfw only the black kid gets to fuck the grill and they are the interracial coupleā„¢
>>
>>71955716

what's this expression supposed to convey?
>>
>>71953112
Fuck you, It didn't shit the bed at the half way point. The story falls apart when they meet the spider, and fuck in the sewers. Think it'll include that bit this time?
>>
>>71955745

"Here we go again... "

Try practicing reading expresions in >>>/autism/
>>
File: pennywise-it.jpg (70 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
pennywise-it.jpg
70 KB, 1500x1000
Pennywise is supposed to be creepy, not edgy. Based Tim Curry.
>>
>>71955782
This is me. And I just wanna say It is in my top five favorite books, I know it's "shit" but fuck you it's awesome and therrs nothing else like it, a horror epic in its own league. Id really like a good It film but imho it's not really possible. Horror books don't transfer to go as well as other genres, due to the effect of horror writing having so much to do with ones own imagination . Unless it's a suspenseful ghost story I don't find horror film to be effective AS horror
>>
>>71952423
wtf is a tumblr nose
>>
>>71955826
what if georgie kicked water at his face and ran in this scene/?
>>
>>71955826
This. Its gonna be the Nightmare on Elmstreet remake all over again.

Tim Curry and Robert Englund shouldn't be replaced.
>>
>>71955826
You realize he's "edgy" because he's doing a creepy smile and stare in shadowy background with spooky yellow eyes for promotional purposes, right? It's not his default state.
>>
Wasn't IT really a giant spider or some shit
>>
>>71956135

I mean technically yeah - he was a psychic vampire that fed on fear.

In the Dark Tower series they run into another of "It's" species(?) that feeds on laughter instead.

But yeah dumb spider
>>
>>71956135
>>71956248
It only kinda looks like a spider to the kids, but that's not what it really is.
>>
File: Clown laugh.jpg (18 KB, 166x171) Image search: [Google]
Clown laugh.jpg
18 KB, 166x171
>>71956135
He's basically a cosmic horror that feeds on fear. He makes himself look like whatever his target fears.

Also his eternal enemy is basically a giant fucking cosmic turtle.
>>
Why is his eyes goofy?
>>
>>71955860

I also love the book. The movie will not be able to live up to it, because the complexities of Derry and IT's history are too deep to explain in one or two films, but a TV show could easily accomplish this. With a movie or two coming out in the next few years, we're not going to see that anytime soon, but eventually someone might adapt it into a series that does the book justice.

Shit, just picture that for a second. An episode dedicated to showing the stories of other kids dying, like the kid whose brother was beat to death with a hammer by his stepdad, so everyone expected him to have killed the second missing son when Pennywise was the one who did it. Picture an episode ending with Bill and Richie going to the house Pennywise hangs out at and confronting the werewolf. Goddamn that could be an amazing series if done with the balls the book had.

All we can hope for, with this movie, is a good story about the Loser's Club and Pennywise fighting it out. From what I've heard, it's going to be all about the 'kids' storyline and focus on them as adults in a sequel if this does well. That, if anything, is the best a movie series can do to manage the dual stories being told in the novel.
>>
>>71953114
can i steal this pasta?
>>
>>71956248

The monster was a creature so mind-breaking to see that the kids could only see it as a spider. The movie made it more of a spider-creature so the adults VS monster fight could be filmed better. In the book, they don't confront Pennywise as kids, they fight the creature.

IT also doesn't eat fear. It eats the bodies of the kids it kills because kids are the best meat and fear (as it says in the book) 'salts the meat'.
>>
>>71953114
Is this some kind of meme?
>>
>>71956526
Ah fuck, a tv show would be bad ass
>>
Needs damaged tattoo
>>
File: Demonic Girl is Not Amused.jpg (30 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
Demonic Girl is Not Amused.jpg
30 KB, 500x312
Goddammit he's not supposed to be sexy.
>>
>>71954147
>being this obsessed with white woman fucking a black mandingo

there's something you're not telling us
>>
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 1200x937) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 1200x937
Youre in the bar and this guy slaps your gf on the ass
What do you do?
>>
>>71953114
I really, really like this pasta
>>
>>71958413
i wake up because i dont have a gf
IM FUCMIN 21 AND NEVER HOLD HANDS EVEN
FUCK YOU TV
>>
>>71952366
It 2: it ain't me
>>
>Hey Georgie, come down here
>There's a Seaking down here Georgie, and a Dewgong too
>>
>>71952366
MOM'S
>>
>>71958472
7/10
>>
>>71952366
>reverse google OP's pick
>only get results of channing tatum flexing his muscles
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.