[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his motivation? What was his plan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
What was his motivation?
What was his plan?
>>
http://www.manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
>>
He was actually the Joker in disguise.
I have no idea. It seems like he was butthurt about Superman. Then he decided the best thing to do is create a human/kryptonian hybrid who looks like a troll stolen from Lord of the Rings. After Superman is dead, he seems kind of happy that the world will now be visited by all powerful beings who could destroy earth. I think he might just have been insane
>>
>>71945745

>What was his motivation?
To prove his superiority to a Godlike being.

>What was his plan?
To have Batman and Superman kill each other.
>>
>>71945797
>Expose “power can be innocent” as a lie
I don't really understand this part. I don't think “power can be innocent” is a believe held by many people. And why is Lex so invested into disproving it?
>>
Perfect Lex origin story. Starts off proto-Lex, fucks Batman and Superman's shit up, Creates a God monster, learns the knowledge of the cosmos, and finally jailed.

NOW he's Lex
>>
>>71945745
crashing this plane..
>>
Who cares? Movie is shit with a convoluted script that plays like it was written by a 15 year old.

It blows my mind that not only can shit that bad get a greenlight, people are willing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars to get it made.
>>
>>71945874
>convoluted

Oh? How so?
>>
Getting caught
>>
>>71945845
>To prove his superiority to a Godlike being.
did he ever actually say or imply this?
>>
>>71945873
WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
Autism and daddy issues.

That's pretty much it. You'd be surprised at how many people destroy things for really petty reasons. I mean, look at your life.
>>
>>71945745
his plan was to destroy planet Earth with Doomsday and his motivation was that his daddy beat him
>>
>>71945890
see >>71945833
>>
>>71945934
Not sure how Lex being an absolute man man makes the script "convoluted."
>>
>>71945890
not my comics.

what don't you DKEKS get? Hack Snyder isn't allowed to play with my toys like he did. There's only one way an 80 year old character written by a hundred different people can be portrayed. And Hack Snyder didn't do it correctly.
>>
>>71945745
>What was his motivation?
Superman was the most powerful being on the planet and it would make Lex's willy feel big to get one over on him

>What was his plan?
He's an annoying rich boy with too much money than sense. He made it up as he went along.
>>
>>71945917
yes, but i am an autistic loser on /tv/
Lex, on the other hand, is an successful pseudo mark zuckerberg. If he had such autism and daddy issues, he would have never been such a successful businessman as he was in the movie
>>
To be the most powerful being on Earth.

He was making it up as he went along.
>>
>>71946020
It was all inherited. Plus, we don't know much about his company. It could be a Bush deal where his executives keep everything from falling apart.

In fact it's pretty much confirmed in his speech that he gives. He's incapable of anything to do with actual people, and straight up doesn't give a fuck. But still throws a pretty nice gala.
>>
GORDON RAMSAY VS JAMIE OLIVER
>>
>>71946086
yeah but if he was just an idot with lots of money who always acted creepy and autistic (like he did in the movie), he would never get to rub shoulders with congressmen and get access to super secret military objects
>>
ASH KETCHUM VS GARY OAK
>>
>>71946020
>he would have never been such a successful businessman as he was in the movie

if only they explained that he inherited his empire from his father. I guess you're right, this movie was a turd.
>>
>>71946165
MMMMMMH BOYS VS. EEEEW GIRLS
>>
>be a multi-billionaire
>have influence all over the world
>one day some asshole shows up out of nowhere who could take it all away from you in a second

I would be pissed, too.
>>
>>71946174
but in real life, an autist like him would have driven his daddies empire into the ground in a year or two
>>
>>71945797
>mfw thread still alive
>>
>>71946224
An autist like YOU maybe, stop projecting your own failings him
>>
>>71945868
What's the cosmos?

Who will be villain in the sequel?
>>
>>71946174
Did they? All I recall was Lex Jr saying Daddy fucked and beat him.
>>
>>71946384
>What's the cosmos?

The kryptonian ship AI told Lex of other worlds and likely vast knowledge

Steppenwolf, of Apokalips, with whom Lex was conferring is the villain
>>
>>71946457
Next time stop shitposting and try to pay attention. For some reason their exposition is less explicit than Marvel, confusing for some, I know.
>>
>>71946471
I thought it was gonna be Darkseid
>>
>>71946542
In due time
>>
>>71946561
But why would Steppenwolf take the shape of a literal devil
>>
File: 1462471529301.jpg (38 KB, 600x373) Image search: [Google]
1462471529301.jpg
38 KB, 600x373
>>71946612
The devil doesnt own the copyright on horns
>>
>>71946612
Remember Lex said they come from above?
>>
>>71946649
St-stop

>>71946674
But...
>>
>>71945745
envy
>>
>>71946612
>But why would Steppenwolf take the shape of a literal devil

Because Jack Kirby is a lazy faggot.
>>
>>71948375
>Because Jack Kirby is a lazy faggot.

Stan please go
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.