[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, so Superman turns full evil only because his girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11
Wait, so Superman turns full evil only because his girlfriend dies?
Isn't he kind of a dick? Many individuals lose loved ones and still remain good people.
>>
>>71943488
yeah and it ruins the character, they did this with injustice and two alternate universe in the DC animated universe.

its lazy
>>
>>71943488

He Superloves her, idiot. Nobody's ever loved as hard as Superman. It's like Romeo on fucking steroids.
>>
superman was an asshole in this.
>>
>>71943597
I mean, generally I have no problem with a good character turning evil because of a traumatic experience.
But isn't superman suposed to be like the incorruptible good, a role model for all of us? In the movies, he seems more like an asshole to me who just happens to have godlike powers
>>
>>71943488

>many individuals

Superman isn't "many" individuals. He's the ultimate individual. Lois is the only thing tethering him to humanity.
>>
>>71943488
>Isn't he kind of a dick?
it's like you haven't seen MoS or BvS
>>
File: slugfest.jpg (108 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
slugfest.jpg
108 KB, 500x433
>>71943653

Superman's been an asshole for decades.
>>
File: sceptical eva.jpg (48 KB, 283x316) Image search: [Google]
sceptical eva.jpg
48 KB, 283x316
>Turning evil because your girlfriend dies
>Not screaming and flying through your father's giant face telling you not to fuck with time in order to bring her back by violating the laws of nature
>>
>pa kents story about the horses drowning
>cyborg's cameo scene
jesus christ i just want to see superman save the day not give myself nightmares
>>
>>71943722
I have, but isn't he supposed to be like the ultimative good guy in the comics?
Like a boy scout on steroids?
>>
>>71943789

It all depends on who's writing him that month.
>>
>>71943488
Isn't that the set up of Injustice?
>>
>>71943488
Ah don't sweat that shit. Superman is exactly what the current writer wants him to be. And Superman has been involved in more non-canon comic stories than he hasn't at this point. The desert scene, isn't understood that Bats was partially to blame for her death? So Supe lost her and was betrayed by his total justice bro? Did I watch a different cut?
>>
>>71943898
>>71944019
but how can you guys enjoy a character that changes depending on the writer?
This is the ultimative break of suspension of disbelief
>>
Who is Darkseid and what is the Anti life Equation, kiddo?
>>
>>71944048
Comics. I read comics and watch movies. I'm not saying I like the convergence most of the time, but suspension of disbelief isn't part of the comic-reading experience. I don't know what else to say.
>>
>>71943488
>>71943597
Wow, you mean they gave him a flaw to make him less of a boring mary sue? Fucking dicks!
>>
>>71944117
How do you pronounce that name, kiddo?
>>
File: fictional-characters.gif (49 KB, 357x200) Image search: [Google]
fictional-characters.gif
49 KB, 357x200
>>71944048
>>
>>71943488
This is exactly why Superman should be put down like the rabid dog he is.

People call Batman paranoid, but when shit like this happens he is 100% in the right.
>>
>>71944171

>Wow, I don't read Superman comics but he's obviously a mary sue because I say so! I'm a fucking dick!

fixed

>>71944179

Like I fucked a hole in the Seid of your mum
>>
> Batman is shown absolute 100% non debatable proof that Superman is a danger to this planet, probabaly even more so then the 1% he perscribed earler in the film
> MARTHA

Movie a shit
>>
>>71944171
But the flaw goes against his very character.
In comics, he is the perfect boy scout.
In the movies, he is just an asshole with superpowers.
>>
>>71944232
When Batman has a bad dream?
>>
>>71944048
That's the shitty thing about comics. Characters can change wildly depending on the writer. Nothing is ever cohesive.
>>
>>71944315
then how comes adult people still read comics?
>>
>>71944232
That would be Frank Miller on the pen with that one originally. Batman made a point of being the only man to kick Supes ass, just so he could tell him to remember that fact, whispered it in his ear, then faked his heart attack. At the funeral, Kent heard the heartbeat, knew bruce was alive, and was never Superman again, because a regular man beat him and lived. He was the only public figure who knew he wasn't dead. Old bruce went on to start a whole street gang of robins and cleaned the town up. That's a pretty sad rendition of that book. It's actually really good.
>>
>>71943597
I know it's a tired plot but I kinda like how Injustice comic did it. It wasn't just Joker killing Luis and Superman going "wtf i an evil now". It was a long series of tragic misunderstandings that escalated the whole thing.
>>
>>71944179
huh? I asked how you thought that character's name was pronounced. And you got it right. Fuck you too, little bitch.
>>
>>71943625
Bravo!
>>
>>71944395
that seems retarded to me.
If Superman really wanted, he could just laserbeam batman in his unprotected mouth.
No way Batman could beat Superman if the latter was serious
>>
>>71944365

Because adults need entertainment and distractions from the real world, too. In some cases, even more than kids do.
>>
>>71944509

Every time Superman has ever fought Batman has been over contrived reasons, and pretty much every time it's happened, Superman has held back. BvS followed suit.
>>
>>71944554
yeah, but me for example, i wouldnt be able to enjoy such bad writing without getting triggerd
>>
>>71944593
but then it doesn't really make sense for batman to say that he can beat superman, because the latter is holding back all the time
>>
>>71944913

That's Frank Miller in a nutshell - he writes macho bullshit dialogue regardless of whether or not it makes sense.
>>
>>71943488
She was his world.
>>
File: 1464383477971.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464383477971.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
Understandable senpai
>>
>>71943488
>>71943597
>>71943661
My theory is that Darkseid died in the original invasion of Earth and Steppenwolf resurrects him into Superman's corpse
>>
>>71943625
kek
>>
>>71943597
>Ruins the character
>Superman
>Having any character in the first place.

Ha, ha.
>>
File: NO, NOT JOKER.png (860 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
NO, NOT JOKER.png
860 KB, 800x600
>>71944441
It's a retarded comic though.
Could have been a great premise in more capable hands, but when story timed here or on other boards, most of the collective appeal was laughing at how stupid and melodramatic it was along with the subpar art.
>>
>>71946751

>Brock Samson as Superman

kek
>>
>>71944292
He literally has super powers. He is the definitive mary sue.
>>
>>71943597
Isnt there more to it in injustice then just lois dying? if i remember correctly joker had planted a dirty bomb in metropolis that would go off when lois pulse disappears, and he used scarecrow gas to make superman see what he fears the most which is doomsday so he flies lois up to space she dies, the dirty bomb in metropolis goes off 10million people dies along with his pregnant girlfriend.

He then decides to go on a crusade and demands world peace or he will kill anyone who continues to wage war.

If i remember correctly
>>
>>71943597

>YOU KILLED MY PARENTS
>IM EVIL NOW
>>
>>71946874
Having Super powers in a world of supers doesn't make you a mary sue.
>>
>>71946927
Yeah, Superman was dosed and killed Lois and the child which killed everyone. Beyond just losing her, he was made into the ultimate weapon and was powerless to it. That's what causes him to snap, to turn completely inward. It's his own Bruce Wayne trauma of feeling powerless but he can't handle it. He's not as strong.
>>
>>71946955
Being invincible and able to literally turn back time to save your dead girlfriend is literally being a Mary Sue.
>>
File: liefeld2.jpg (71 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
liefeld2.jpg
71 KB, 600x395
>>71946927
>joker had planted a dirty bomb in metropolis that would go off when lois pulse disappears, and he used scarecrow gas to make superman see what he fears the most which is doomsday....

And there's nothing retarded about that, or Superman's reaction.
Seriously, this comic was bonkers with everybody and everything behaving like a 90s Xtreeme version of how adolescents think adults with superpowers would behave, the only thing it lacked was Rob Liefeld on art duty.
>>
File: 1452822830879.gif (556 KB, 318x176) Image search: [Google]
1452822830879.gif
556 KB, 318x176
>>71947132
No it isn't - look up mary sue, jackass.
>>
>>71947876
>"A Mary Sue is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities."

Superman is literally a Mary Sue, dumb capeshitter.
>>
>>71946751
I dunno. It did have some subpar art but I like the art in that picture. As for melodramatic and stupid, it may not be everyone's cup of tea but I enjoyed the story. Some character iteration (Green Arrow and Harley) is top notch and it's very dynamic. Some serious important shit goes down every chapter and it keeps you on your toes.
>>
File: chibi laff.gif (3 MB, 250x255) Image search: [Google]
chibi laff.gif
3 MB, 250x255
>>71947957
>a young or low-rank person
You really are adorable, aren't you?
>>
>>71943488
can somebody please explain to me what's going on in the future scene ?

Is it supposed to be just a nightmare or a vision ?

What are the flying things ?

Whats the omega symbol mean ?

How far into the future is it ?

There is a very real lack of background and I can see why , but I'm still curious is it from comics or just made up

I could watch a whole movie based on that one scene . The events going up to it
>>
Superman has always been an emotionally weaker character than Batman. This has been a thing for 30 years of comics.

Only recently since normies have taken over comics again that they demand Superman become a morally mary sue who never has any doubts or weaknesses again.
>>
>>71948815
>superman
>not young

Pick one
>>
>>71943488
are those bat-lovehandles?
>>
>>71949194
>can somebody please explain to me what's going on in the future scene ? Is it supposed to be just a nightmare or a vision ?

It's ambiguous. Batman isn't sure either. It's Snyder recreating the feeling of a surreal dream. The scene went over a lot of peoples heads and confused casual "XD MARVEL IS SO FUN" drones

>What are the flying things ?

Parademons, minions of Darkseid

>Whats the omega symbol mean ?

Darkseid

>How far into the future is it ?

who knows

>There is a very real lack of background and I can see why

Snyder wanted to keep it mysterious/foreboding, instead of the Marvel approach of having Nick Fury appear with an infinity stone and another new avenger saying "These will be in Untitled Marvel Movie Fall 2016(TM)"
>>
>>71949590
Thanks

Well with that information I kinda get it

Basiclly Darkseid shows up and because louis died Super joins him instead of fighting them along with the JL

Really does make super look like a cock

Who is it that Lex contacted ? Darkseid ?

In the end the shot of the creature in the pool with Lex that vanishes

I though it was Brainiac going with the teaching Lex about 1000 worlds thing
>>
>>71944441
Why do you leave out the fact that he nuked Metropolis? If it wasn't Superman that took control the fucking government would have.
>>
File: 1468417632381.jpg (35 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
1468417632381.jpg
35 KB, 500x357
>people still discuss BvS to this day
>people already forgotten about civil war

BvS was a shit movie but at least it had some good parts while marvel just makes average bland movies that you will forget easily after days

MARVEL BTFO
MARVELKEK ON SUICIDE WATCH
MARVEL BTFO AND BANKRUPT

also Murder-Bat and Super-Killer fighting their good counter parts from another universe fucking when

too bad WW and the bald nose ruined the movie even more than the writers tho
>>
>>71943661
It offers a interesting story for a incorruptible good to well, be corrupted. The story of how Superman, a paragon of justice and virtue to mankind would fall is interesting. Basically, TDK's Harvey Dent's fall but Superman. Also in the Injustice game, Lois was pregnant with Clark's kid.
>>
File: 1461348723837.jpg (158 KB, 1916x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461348723837.jpg
158 KB, 1916x1080
>>71943488
>ruins the character
>Superman
>character
>>
>>71949530
Supes ain't young, anon - he's a fully-fledged grown-up, with a career and everything.
And supes ain't 'low rank'
Git gud.
>>
>>71950524
>It offers a interesting story for a incorruptible good to well, be corrupted
by having his gf get hurt - puh-lease! If that won't make your typical human go apeshit corrupt, WHY would it corrupt supes? Come the fuck on!
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.