[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that this was unironically kino and that Canne's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Lost-River-poster.jpg (63 KB, 540x763) Image search: [Google]
Lost-River-poster.jpg
63 KB, 540x763
Can we all agree that this was unironically kino and that Canne's jury and critics are fucking idiots who cannot see art when it's projected on a giant screen in front of their faces?

Also, will goose direct more? Has he got anything in preparation?
>>
>>71943471
I agree

don't expect many on /tv/ to not shit on it though. critics and pleb babbies alike often mistake A R T for "style over substance" when in reality, style IS substance. it is the very definition of kino itself.
>>
>>71943872
>style IS substance

I agree with you 100%.

Got any reccomendation of very stylized films, possibly with great music and visuals, a bit like lost river?
>>
>>71943872
>style IS substance.

Refn pls go
>>
>>71944115

Sin City

Pure style.
>>
>>71944183
seen them both.
They were pretty good, I've got to say.
>>
It's beyond me why anyone consider Cannes to be the staple of film festivals or holding any merit beyond awarding a couple of films that were ahead of their time. The judges are typically made up of people who are either good friends with the casts and production team or they have some other kind of market interest in the films being promoted. I fear TIFF is quickly becoming the same way. The idea that there is value in whether or not your film is well received at Cannes is just mind boggling. They boo at the fucking screen for fucks sake.
>>
>>71944262
To me, Cannes embodies a phenomenon very symptomatic of our times: the overlapping and ultimately mixing of academia and commerce.

Truly, the death of the renaissance and the end of all enlightement.

We should have a word for it. I propose bizznademia.
>>
>>71944115
Suspiria
Bullit
The Place Beyond The Pines
The Man From Nowhere
A Bittersweet Life
Bronson
Only God Forgives
Neon Demon

inb4 refn memes
>>
>>71944435
I've seen most of those. They were pretty cool. Will check out those I haven't seen. Thanks.
>>
File: tumblr_ly655g7pwt1r1emhoo1_500.gif (20 KB, 385x610) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ly655g7pwt1r1emhoo1_500.gif
20 KB, 385x610
>>71944473
of yeah and of course, pic related
>>
>>71944115

Knight Of Cups

Elysium

Russian Ark

The Lords Of Salem

Heavy Metal

Apocalypse Now Redux

TV Bonus*

Mr. Robot

Black Lagoon

Space Dandy
>>
>>71944709
>Mr. Robot

so, your whole list is bait or just this one?
>>
>>71943471
>expect hackneyed Malick/Refn imitation
>movie is literally better than anything either has ever done

BRAVO GOOSE
>>
>>71944983
same

it's a real shame that this film wasn't recognized as the gem it is.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.