[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do the orcs not wear heavy armor? And is Gul'dan the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: warcraft.jpg (33 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
warcraft.jpg
33 KB, 600x300
Why do the orcs not wear heavy armor?
And is Gul'dan the only orc magician?
>>
I guess Gul'dan was the only orc that could use magic? The movie didn't really illustrate it well whether shamans were a part of the culture or not. Anyone else annoyed by how many times they had to use the word fel? Like I know its Blizzards tm word for evil magic but jesus christ, it was the fifth word spoken by everyone in the movie. Also, all the orcs were personally converted buy Gul'dan into fel orcs or some shit? What happened to the burning legion and Mannaroths well?
>>
>>71942750
>>71942840
There were shamans, but the shamans had forsaken most orcs due to the drinking of Mannoroth's Fel Blood, thus giving them a bloodlust. Gul'dan and his shadow council were the only warlocks to practice fel magic. But they only featured Gul'dan in the film I guess cause I guess his lesser warlocks had to stay in Outland to open the Dark Portal.
>>
>>71942937
I mean the elementals had forsaken most shamans except Drek'Thar and some other Frostwolf Orcs, so orcs lost their connection to the elements.
>>
>>71942750
the orcs would have had shaman and the humans would have had priests and paladins but this movie was more focused on fel magic and some arcane by khadgar. in the next movie now that the horde/alliance is more established we'll see more I bet. Also they should do a version where they use cgi to put giant hanging penises on the outside of everyone's clothing lmao
>>
>>71942750

idk nigga it just looks nice
>>
>>71942937
But we see that Gul'dan is the one turning the orcs green and making them bestial, so Mannoroth's well was cut as a plot point was what I took from that. Which upset me as Grom v Mannoroth is a great moment in warcraft 3.
>>
>>71943023
I doubt it was cut but they skipped it I reckon cause CGI is expensive, Gul'dan has the power to infuse others with Fel magic, he was that powerful, of course no where near as powerful as the Burning Legion overlords.
>>
>>71942937
>Gul'dan and his shadow council were the only warlocks to practice fel magic.

That's a load of crap. There were more than enough Warlocks in the Horde. Fuck, even Gul'dan in his diary says that those who had the vision of Medivh outside of the Shadow Council were killed.
>>
>>71942750
>Why do the orcs not wear heavy armor?

The only metals available on draenor are true iron (which later became corrupted into fel iron) and blackrock (which during the big fuck up of draenor turned into adamantite). There is also khorium, but as the name suggests it is deep within the realm's core and thus was largely unavailable until draenor went kaboom.

Those metals, unlike copper, tin (to make bronze) and iron, are notoriously difficult to mine and smelt, and the orcs simply aren't advanced enough in metallurgy to produce armor - simple blades, like the tip of a spear or the blade of an axe, are the apex of their blacksmithing skills.
>>
Was Durotan retarded?
If he overthrew Guld'an and he existing orc army, he would have no means of transporting the remaining orcs to Azeroth. It would mean the death of his own race.
>>
>>71943359
His clan was already on Azeroth why would he care about the rest
>>
>>71943429
That's kind of selfish.
>>
>>71943507
Sucks to suck in clan politics
>>
>>71943507
They are Orcs
If the recent developments of the Horde are anything to go by they are not about Blood and Honor only Blood
>>
Wasn't medivh one of the good guys in WC3?
>>
>>71943646
Yes
He died and was resurrected in WC3. No longer possessed by Sargeras he went about trying to redeem himself.
>>
>>71942750
In wc1 Lore, orcs had MAGIK
in wc2 they had necromabcers and Warlocks
Then in Wc3 they had shamans
It's all retconned, in WoW I think they said there were many shamans in Draenor but as guldan and his friends started dabbling with demons, the elements stopped responding to their race, rending shamans powerless.
>>
>>71943114
They were cut. There was no blood pact. Burning Legion doesn't exist in this universe. The movie is garbage. Deal with it
>>
>>71943719
Certain orcs like Drek'thar sucked enough elemental cock to keep in touch with them. They went about teaching frostwolves shamanism while the rest of the orcs were in the camps. Trolls also helped them reconnect with the elements after they made it to Kalimdor
>>
>>71943778
>hints of an outside force manipulating Gul'dan and Medivh
>Medivh turns into an aspect of Sargeras in the final confrontation
>>
>>71943809
>Drek'thar
Literally who
Sorry I'm a wc2 manbabby. Anything frostwolf related disgusts me
>>
>>71943891
He taught Thrall shamanism to the best of his ability. Thrall then passed his teachings on to other orcs
>>
>>71943847
Do you think Medivh went to Draenor, fucked a female orc and is Garona's father?
>>
>>71943964
That's implied in the move it didn't happen in the game lore
>>
>>71942750

Why didn't the orcs kill Gul'dan after he cheated to beat Durotan?
>>
>>71944052
Didn't you see the part where he sucked a couple of them
>>
>>71944052

Because he could kill them all with the fel

Some did go to kill him
>>
>>71944072

So? If anything wouldn't that make the orcs more pissed?
>>
>>71944085
Or scare them into submission
>>
>>71944079
>Because he could kill them all with the fel

There were gorillions of them against one guy.
>>
>>71944085

would u attack someone that you've seen siphon off like 1000 souls at one time.

hes the leader of the orc clan. they fall in line.
>>
File: 1468328303079.jpg (37 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1468328303079.jpg
37 KB, 657x527
How it end up so shit lad?
>>
>>71944138

it didn't i thought it was a rather good attempt, at their origins.

Though i wish they did something more relevant for the new exp.
>>
File: OD-WOW.jpg (175 KB, 954x1050) Image search: [Google]
OD-WOW.jpg
175 KB, 954x1050
>orgrim is a frostwolf now
>>
File: 1456299629440.jpg (37 KB, 298x288) Image search: [Google]
1456299629440.jpg
37 KB, 298x288
>>71944138

I really liked it. The action was nice and story was decent enough.
>>
I saw this movie yesterday so I'll give my thoughts here

If I hadn't ever played the games I'd have no clue. The film wasn't bad at all, but it needed far more explanation for things.
>>
>>71944164
>>71944198
The action, overall story and orcs were done well but the human stuff was daytime soap tier acting and props. Pisses me right off 2bh
>>
>>71944118
Gul'Dan is literally a raid boss-tier strong. It takes 20 strongest beings in the universe to kill him (although, to be fair, warcraft's 20 good men is enough to kill literally anything).
>>
Just watched it last night. Not as bad as I thought it would be. There were a few really really awful lines. Paula Patton was horrendous. The editing was kinda wonky. And I didn't really care about anyone or anything that was going on. But I was entertained at least.
>>
>>71944304

I actually liked the B-movie tier props. They looked awful in screenshots but during the movie I thought they worked quite well and it gave the movie it's own distinct visual style.
>>
>>71944446
She really was terrible. On the flipside i thought the nigress Queen was well acted and qt
>>
>>71944904

Ruth Negga is shit in everything she stars in
>>
>>71944904
How's a niggress sister with an arian viking?
>>
>>71942750
Gul'dan is not the only orc magician, but he is the only one who uses Fel Magic, which is far more powerful but incredibly dangerous to the user

Orcs don't wear heavy armor because it's not in their culture to be defensive - they're all about attacking. The Mak'gora (the super serious duel thing) even forbids the use of armor - as well as magic, but Gul'dan and Thrall didn't exactly follow that rule
>>
>>71946037
The elements are now all pissed at Thrall for that
>>
>>71945744
That made no sense at all.

>black queen
>her brother is white
>her husband, the king, is also white
>their older daughter is black
>their younger son is white

Alright, then.
>>
>>71946099
Good, Thrall is a fucking faggot

He didn't need to do Mak'gora, he could have just said "fuck this you need to die" and used magic then and there to do it

Honestly I was shocked Garrosh didn't call him out on it when it was happening
>>
>>71945744
>>71946284
She's a mulatto, not a nigress

Also a wizard did it
>>
>>71946099
Really?
>>
was Mediv actually a bad guy? I dont remember him being so interested in warlock magic from the games
>>
>>71946284
>>71945744
Presumably blacks (and asians) are a genetic irregularity that just happens as none of the ethnic groups come from anywhere on Azeroth.
>>
Watched this last nights

Opening sequence was awesome, I loved it and it got me hyped to see more

Then they started focusing on the humans and there was nothing but odd exposition and weird pacing, i agree with a lot of people feeling like scenes felt cut to a few seconds too soon for the most part.

Also a lot of the moments that where supposed to feel impactful fell insanely flat because there just wasnt enough time, like Medihv turning just felt insanely clunky and pointless.
>>
>>71942750
Why do virgins keep asking questions about the most simplistic and dumb plot this year?

It's a shitty videogame movie, who cares?
>>
Maybe the worst flick i've seen this year?
Don't know, I mean, everyone here was saying that it wasn't bad, but it was pretty fucking horrible.
Awful CGI outside of orc faces, cringeworthy acting and dialogue, and non-characters, no one had any personality, it was just walking expositionary dialogue machines.

I know this board is a joke, but I can't believe /tv/ has a taste THIS bad.
>>
File: 1452312566176.jpg (24 KB, 392x411) Image search: [Google]
1452312566176.jpg
24 KB, 392x411
>>71944446
>There were a few really really awful lines
>FROM LIGHT COMES DARKNESS AND FROM DARKNESS.................
>....................LIGHT
I sank into my seat.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.