[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT IF WE LIKE MAKE THIS CHARACTER GAY LMAO IT IS 2016 AFTER ALL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: simon-pegg.jpg (10 KB, 292x400) Image search: [Google]
simon-pegg.jpg
10 KB, 292x400
WHAT IF WE LIKE MAKE THIS CHARACTER GAY LMAO IT IS 2016 AFTER ALL
>>
Hughie is going to be gay in The Boys adaption, isn't he?
>>
>>71937136
Why didn't you make Scotty gay, huh Simon?
>>
>>71937136
why does anyone care?
>>
>>71937136
>Creating a new gay character is tokenism
>Highlighting Sulu as "the gay character" isn't
Is he deliberately hypocritic or just stupid?
>>
>>71937472
Because the gay actor refused against this decision who wanted the character to remain straight.
>>
>"I hate the prequels"
Just fuck off Simon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH-ZrFXov_g
>>
Why didn't he make Scotty gay, huh?
>>
Are you still going to like Star Wars when Poe/Fin fall in love and Rey becomes the mother of galaxies?
>>
no one cares, go complain about how much SJW's trigger you on your tumblr
>>
>>71938232
He's already being portrayed by a faggot so they're halfway there.
>>
A little SJW might be ok depending on the case, but never go full SJW
>>
>>71938212
you mean the guy who has no say whatsoever? why does his opinion matter?
thats like caring what the guy in the chewbacca suit says about if chewie should be this or that.
>>
>>71938348
Actually a lot of actors are meant to take decisions on how they want their character to be in some places - Arnold did this for Genisys by stopping the director sometimes and saying "No I believe this is better" etc.

Is normal for actors who are paying characters to do this after all they are living inside the character.

If you make an actor do something that he isn't full comfortable with or doesn't think the character would do this: then you just ruined the actor caring
>>
>Spocks actor is gay irl
>DUHH LETS MAKE SULU GAY DURHURRR
Common if your going to shit up the series at least do it properly.

Its so fucking stupid to pick sulu just because takei is a promient figure in the gay community its a fucking insult to takei especially if he didnt give it the okay and now they ignore him?

I hope pegg's career bombs, as much as i'd like to see more edgar wright and another cornetto trilogy i'd rather they leave this semi hasbeen simon fagg out of it.
>>
>>71938348
Because they were trying to honor him by making his character gay, he said "no thanks, this is the biggest insult to me and Roddenberry possible, please don't" and they were like "uuuh, it's 2016."
>>
>>71938445
i cant wait for these biggoted faggots like pegg to get btfo
>>
after i saw Paul i am surprised at how good his earlier moves were
>>
File: 310.jpg (30 KB, 600x646) Image search: [Google]
310.jpg
30 KB, 600x646
>>71938495
>we will never see a sequel to Shaun of the Dead
Majority of films today suck compared to that golden gem
>>
>>71938232
He's not that good of an actor to pull that off.
>>
>>71938528
More of a Hot Fuzz fan myself

Holy fuck that thematic change in the worlds end though i was not ready for those feels
>>
>>71938385
>another cornetto trilogy
Why would you want this? The second half of TWE was fucking stupid and fell into a joyless pile of shit.
>>
>>71938564
i used to want it but your right.

i blame that squarely on the script though.

i get what they where trying to do but it just fell flat right on its face.

The 'aliens' and robots where fucking stupid and the theme of the movie didnt really fit it felt like a completely different movie that didnt really belong.

oh well thats what happens when they are past their peak and make a movie about literal mid life crisis
>>
>>71938348
>why does his opinion matter?
Because he's the whole reason they were doing it.

>Hey George we're making Sulu gay because you're gay too it's to honour you!
>But Sulu was always straight. He had a wife and children by the end of the show, and often showed interest in women. I worked very hard to get that into the role because it was part of his character. You might as well make him white as well.
>YOU'RE JUST HOMOPHOBIC
>>
>>71938623
what i think is the funniest part is that they expected takei to just say oh yeah awesome but instead it blew up in simons face.

That said i wasnt going to watch this tripe anyway.
>>
>>71938545
I still haven't watched Worlds End. Is it worth it?
>>
>>71938808
>>71938808
Yes and no.

i hated it at first

upon rewatching i finally 'got' it around the 3rd+ time but the movie wont work for you if your not going through some sort of crisis be it mid life or just 20s-30s in general

>mfw i am literally garry king 25 year old edition

Pegg is mainly on point and its his last truely funny movie.

Edgar Wright is great

Frost is great

Bilbo and supporting cast are great everyone's great its just the script in the 3rd act is very silly and doesnt make sense clashes with the begining and end of the movie.
>>
>>71937461

He did. Scotty/Keenser is canon.
>>
>>71937136
Nobody would give a shit either way if they were halfway original and created their own crew. Fucking hacks.
>>
File: 1468191125454.png (399 KB, 720x830) Image search: [Google]
1468191125454.png
399 KB, 720x830
>>71937136
Remember me, Simon?
>>
Is this a new form for a mid-life crisis to take? Instead of realizing your mortality and going out and buying a sports car you start being as progressive as humanly possible so you can "change the world". Simon Pegg's too fucking old for this shit.
>>
>>71939420

He probably did the sports car and fuck young girls thing a decade ago, I guess that's the only thing left.
>>
>>71939420
His a progressive atheist.
>>
>>71939127
What happened to Nick Frost? Simon used to be buddies with him and always do movies together. What happened?
>>
>>71939584
>progressive atheist.
What does a progressive atheist even mean?
>>
>>71939420
Thing you have to remember is JJ Abrams is still a producer of this film, and you know what he and his people are like. It wouldn't surprise me if they told him to make a character gay and he chose Sulu because of Takei without really thinking about it and now it's blowing up and he's just riding it out because he knows if he says, "They made me do it," he'll be called a bigot and cast out of the faggot group who keep him in coke and teenagers.

Or maybe he's just the same bandwagoning cunt he's always been.
>>
>>71939773
Isn't JJ going to make Finn and Poe gay?
>>
>>71939737
It means you don't believe in god but you still believe in a whole bunch of other stupid bullshit with no proof for it because you're a retard.

cue butthurt from everybody.
>>
When did Pegg go off? What happened?
>>
>>71939809
I neither know nor care.
>>
>>71939827
not him but you haven't actually said what it means, I'm kinda curious too now, what is a 'progressive atheist'?
>>
>>71939827
>It means you don't believe in god but you still believe in a whole bunch of other stupid bullshit with no proof for it
So he believes in Aliens or ghosts but not God for example?
>>
>>71939847
Someone who doesn't believe in god and holds left wing political beliefs, it's pretty fucking self explanatory although also a little redundant because the majority of atheists are lefties and vice versa.
>>
>>71939809

hard to do when he's neither writing or directing episode 8
>>
>>71938808
IMO
Shaun 9.5/10
Hot Fuzz 8/10
Worlds End 6/10
It felt like a retread with robots instead of zombies and none of the charm. The humor fell flat. It felt too self aware and focused on the fact that it was the end of the triology, so the plot wasnt very engaging. Tried to hamfist some emotional exposition at the end that didnt resonate with me either. It just felt joyless and like edgar wright was only making it because he had to
>>
>>71938808
It's the worst of the cornetto trilogy by far, but it has its moments and is worth a watch (particularly if you like sci-fi).
>>
File: image.jpg (487 KB, 1039x792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
487 KB, 1039x792
>>71938992
Except he made like a off hand comment about some lady's tits, so he's definitely not gaay.

The truth is that Pegg is suppressing his craving for a gigantic ogre cock to go with his shit Scottish accent but he doesn't want to give it away, so instead he picks an easy target because the actor who depicted him is gay, despite the actor himself wanting to maintain the integrity of Roddenberry's legacy
>>
>>71939897
No, it's not. I genuinely laughed and rewatched SotD and HF but I was disappointed with WE and left with a huge "HUH?" afterwards. It's just frustratingly uninspiring.
>>
>>71939979
i agree. it completely falls flat compared to the other two.
>>
>>71939979
>I genuinely laughed
>rewatched SotD and HF but I was disappointed with WE
So in other words, it's the worst of the cornetto trilogy by far, but it has its moments?
>>
>>71940035
Sorry, I meant "laughed at (SoTD and HF)".

It's not worth your time. Better try watching Spaced for this matter.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.