[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that the entire conflict of Batman v Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 34
File: batman v superman.jpg (125 KB, 1200x854) Image search: [Google]
batman v superman.jpg
125 KB, 1200x854
Daily reminder that the entire conflict of Batman v Superman was solved because their mothers were both named Martha.

Batman no longer sees the alien as a threat and Superman stops caring that Batman is a mass murderer because their moms had the same name.

reminder that people genuinely claim this movie is "Kino", whatever that means.
>>
>>71933088
How did batman protect his mouth and eyes against superman's lazer beams?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxV99PYX37c
>>
>>71933175
duck tape
>>
How did Batman not get massive concussions and shattered ribs every time Superman threw him through concrete walls at 100 mph?

Inb4 super Bat suit. No.
>>
If there hadnt been such a forced rush to get Doomsday into the film to kill superman then it couldve had a decent ending that made a lot more sense

but instead this movie tried to do too much.
cramming three major DC events into one film was never going to come out good, but at least Justice League is set to go so we have a chance to see something actually good.
>>
WHY YOU SAY MARTHA THATS MOMMYS NAME

MOMMMMYYYYYYY
>>
>>71933273
ask ironman
>>
superman went there to ask bruce for help anyway so him being willing to team up makes sense

bruce saw superman's humanity and realized he had good intentions

this is definitely capekino, though it doesn't take too much to rise above the drivel marvel shits out
>>
>>71933273
How did superman not see through bruces smokescreen?
>>
shit flick is shit. yep.
>>
>>71933088
>Implying that the purpose of that scene was not to tastefully show the audience that Batman now sees Superman as a man with a family and not some alien invader.

Martha' is set up in the opening scene with a Citizen Kane homage that establishes the word as Bruce Wayne's 'Rosebud'. But, as it's actually spoken by the father character, you get a complex series of associations where Bruce suddenly sees Superman as a father figure, who then - when Lois intervenes - morphs into a reflection of himself. You also have this strange fear of motherhood with Bruce as he dreams that Martha Wayne returns from the dead as a monstrous bat (that metaphorically gives birth to Batman), but then he resolves himself to saving Martha Kent - who was, of course, labeled a 'witch' for (again metaphorically) giving birth to Superman.
>>
>>71933360
but this is all useless because Batman has no epiphany about the sanctity of life, he goes on to murder another two dozen people not even 10 minutes later.
>>
>>71933273
>iron bat mask breaks
>somehow batmans skull is fine

his brain should be jello
>>
I don't really understand peoples problem with it.

Batman has a reflective moment on the reason why he became batman, he realized he went to far and that him and Superman have something in common.
>>
>>71933337
>reaching this much to explain such bad writing
>>
>>71933088
Not everything has to line up perfectly with reality. It's art. Just because it doesn't have your fairy tale conclusions that wrap everything up nicely in an orderly fashion doesn't mean it's not great. These transcendent qualities can't be noticed by the common pleb that rates how good a film is based on the number of loopholes it has.
>>
Someone explain this one to me, because nobody's discussing it, so clearly I missed something:

How the FUCK did Lex know Superman's real identity?
>>
>>71933360
>comparing BvS to Citizen Kane

0/10 bait
>>
>>71933377
It's not the fact that he has an epiphany, it's that the scene was really poorly written.The whole thing was so contrived.
>>
File: look what i made.jpg (51 KB, 1280x536) Image search: [Google]
look what i made.jpg
51 KB, 1280x536
>his suit was just a metal suit
>not made out of kryptonite like i thought
>he killed people and spent countless hours honing that chunk of kryptonite into a spear he threw away after he found out superman's mother's name was the same as his mom
>>
Batman doesn't see Clark as a man, only as a threar. Batman is so obsessed in proving that Superman isn't a god that in the end he finally sees Clark's human side when he's about to die, and Bruce ironically realizes that he was the monster all along.
"You're letting him kill Martha. Find him. Save Martha."

Gunman shoots Thomas Wayne, who collapses. Gunman then puts the gun to his mother's head. "Get up, Dad! You're letting them kill Martha!", Bruce thinks. The Gunman fires. Martha lies there dying. As the Gunman runs Bruce is faced with two competing desires - "Find him" (the gunman) and "Save Martha".

Superman pretty much spoke Wayne's exact struggle right at that moment. Bruce gets triggered because he is still severely mentally scarred and needs clarification. He has been having twisted dreams and I presume that he suspects he is going insane. but Lois comes in to clarify.

Bruce is then forced to face the reason why he became Batman all while preparing to KILL a man going through the same dilemma that Bruce did back in the alleyway. Superman has a mom who will die soon and the son is helpless to save her. It is that night in the alleyway all over again.

Except this time it is Bruce who holds the gun.
>>
>>71933273
It was made from the same material that that fridge in Indiana Jones 4 was made out of.
>>
>>71933407
Lex has the super power of seeing through plot holes
>>
>>71933344
There was Kryptonite powder in that smoke.
>>
>Suffice to say, there was always more depth and subtext to the “Martha” moment than the complaints are willing to admit or recognize, and those complaints are still too simplistic and shallow a perception of what is, in fact, a complicated convergence of character arcs and narratives. It confuses and shocks Batman, and then the revelation of what’s really being said shifts his perceptions to the point he now sees himself clearly for the first time in years. A singular moment, a revelation that turns a character’s understanding and relationships on their head in a split second, is not a new concept, nor is this the first or most extreme example of such a thing in cinema.

>It’s undeniable that there is much more happening in that scene, and in the context of Batman’s character through time, than the memes and jokes recognize — and yes, often the jokes intentionally overstate things for humorous effect, but I’ve seen the exact same points made in supposedly serious, deeper critical analysis of the film. So I remain perplexed by the stubborn refusal to consider and acknowledge that complexity. I bring that up only because I notice even a lot of the positive reassessments still point to the “Martha” moment as a major problem in the storytelling when it’s among the finer elements in the film’s characterizations.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/03/22/review-batman-v-superman-triumphant/#ecd04513cbdd

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/06/28/review-batman-v-superman-ultimate-edition-expands-story-and-wins-praise/#261b16866225
>>
>>71933460

No, i'm pretty sure people pick apart the logic of the scene
>>
>>71933475
Pretty much this. As someone who hated this fucking movie, this scene is not hard to understand.
>>
>>71933475
>this passes for good writing in the world of DCucks
>>
>>71933534
I understand it fine, it's still stupid because it's poorly written. Why the fuck does he say "YOU'RE LETTING THEM KILL MARTHA!" who the fuck refers to their mother by their first name? They easily could have framed the scene as something like...

>You're letting him kill my mother!
>Please...you have to save her! Save Martha Kent!

and Batman responds with "tell that to Zod's snapped neck".

And absolutely nobody has been able to give me a solid answer as to why Superman no longer cares Batman is a mass murderer.
>>
File: 1.png (397 KB, 761x282) Image search: [Google]
1.png
397 KB, 761x282
DC bros, we'll never be as mad as the underperforming marvelcucks
>>
>>71933518
Here's the bit people don't seem to get.

You can give a scene DEPTH and PATHOS.
Doesn't mean it can't still be badly written, badly framed, and contrived as hell.

Seriously, who the fuck says their mom's actual name, and not just "My mother is being held by Lex Luthor?"

Also, how the fuck did Lex even get Superman's mom to begin with?

Why the fuck can't the (as far as we know) fastest man in the world, with the best hearing and fucking X-ray vision just scan the planet like he did for Lois Lane AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FUCKING MOVIE?

Why didn't Lex go for Superman's mom sooner? What the fuck was the point of the jar of piss, and blowing up the capitol building?

One moment of pathos does not make up for a MOVIE of plot holes, contrivances upon contrivances, and seriously flat dialogue.
>>
>>71933344
Lead.
>>
File: Art.png (310 KB, 743x287) Image search: [Google]
Art.png
310 KB, 743x287
Posting kino
>>
>>71933693
>Why didn't Lex go for Superman's mom sooner? What the fuck was the point of the jar of piss, and blowing up the capitol building?
Youre literally a fucking idiot
>>
>>71933088
Why didn't superman just fly the ring to mordor?
>>
Daily reminder that the entire conflict of captain cuckmerica: Bucky wars was started because of Tony's mothers death 40 years ago.

MARIA
YOU KILLED MARIA

Too bad no one gave a shit about civil snore tho
>>
>>71933273
MOTHERFUCKING
SUPER
BAT
SUIT
>>
daily reminder that the film from this webm has 92% on Rotten Tomatoes
>>
>>71933769
No, it was the aftermath of the destruction in Age of Ultron that started the conflict. Much like BvS tried to do and failed.

Also, how much money did BvS make in comparison, again?
>>
>>71933821
>No, it was the aftermath of the destruction in Age of Ultron that started the conflict. Much like BvS tried to do and failed.
Marvel tards are actually this dumb

oh geeze
>>
>>71933731
Explain it then. Why did Lex blow up the building?
>>
>>71933860
>He didn't watch the Ultimate Cut

Im not doing your homework for you
>>
>>71933769
Nobody cares about Tony "Iron Manlet" Stark.
>>
>>71933851
Marvels all you're going to have after WW bombs and DC folds.
>>
>>71933740
Ok this is the best argument I have seen for this shitfest of a flick. I, as a child, loved lotr and read them probably 3 times and when the movie came out I saw it as obvious whst other plebs need spoonfed.

I am not that big of a superman fan. I got it all I read enough big superman issues, but my brain didn't fill in holes like itprobably did for the lotr movies.

I can still complain about the shakycam, the abrupt scene changes, the corny dialogue and the forced feeling of it all. But maybe I am over reacting to plot holes that we all know how it happened, but the movie makes abaolutely zero reference to.
>>
>>71933882
The ultimate cut was the only version I saw.

Also way to support your own argument, fagt.
>>
File: invincibleevans.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
invincibleevans.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>71933882
tfw capeshit gives you homework
>>
>>71933916
>The ultimate cut was the only version I saw.
Then you are clearly a mental degenerate autist who seemingly has no clue as to how to follow a series of sequential moving images.
>>
>>71933489
top b8 m8
>>
Don't forget the foreshadowing and metaphor of the swarming Parademons/Marveldrones during Batman's dream sequence. Not only is Snyder a great director he is now confirmed to be a prophet. Someday Marveldrones, you too can join us in the Sun when you are ready
>>
>>71934052
Your sun doesn't make enough money to sustain itself.
>>
>>71933175
Superman didn't shoot him with any iirc.
>>
>>71933979
Okay, fine.
Spoonfeed me like the retard I so clearly am.
Why did Lex blow up that building?
>>
>>71933979
It is a legit question. If lex hadn't smuggled the kryptonite then batman never could have gotten it. Batman was researching the white russian or whatever before the senator says no. And everyone was already pissed at superman it was literally a hearing on why he needed to act within the law.

So what was the point?
>>
>>71933892
If Suicide Squad doesn't do 100 mil+ opening weekend DC is FINISHED
>>
>>71934088
>one megacorporation that doesn't care about me made more money than this other megacorporation
>bet you feel stupid now kiddo

You have to go back.
>>
File: 1468034311453.jpg (67 KB, 833x959) Image search: [Google]
1468034311453.jpg
67 KB, 833x959
>>71934130

it definitely will

they went with the fail-safe harley quinn sex appeal+edgy joker
>>
>>71934163
One megacorporation makes good movies. The other makes shit that no one likes except autists on /tv/ who like to feel superior.
>>
File: 1443134884627.jpg (37 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1443134884627.jpg
37 KB, 250x250
>go see this movie in theatres
>building collapses at the start
>bat manfleck pulls some janitor or some shit out of the rubble
>"...you're the boss, boss man!"
>he dies
>turn to my brother
>pic related is the look on both our faces
>this movie is like three hours long
>fucking Christ, we're only five minutes in
>what have we gotten ourselves into
>>
>>71934190
Nah, it's gonna make A LOT less than BvS.
>>
>>71934190
>supposed to be tough
>supposed to be scary
>weights 90 pounds, carries a bat

Dude, I'm 5'9" & 130 soaking wet and I could beat her ass. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>71934190
I will watch only if it promises to be heavy on the quips. Also I hope the villians aren't very threatening so I can enjoy watching it with my wife and her son
>>
>>71933273
Better question is why to they keep pitting Batman and Superman against each other when it's obvious Superman should win in almost all scenarios.

I find Batman an infinitely more interesting character but him and Superman belong in different types of stories.
>>
>>71934190
BvS burned a ton of goodwill from the fans. Only the most hardcore and delusional DCucks pretend BvS was anything but utter shit
>>
wonder woman is the best part of this movie 2-b-h
>>
>>71933378
>reaching
>>
>>71933088
>Batman no longer sees the alien as a threat and Superman stops caring that Batman is a mass murderer because their moms had the same name.
it's because superman HAS a mom
he's not just an alien with godlike powers
he's a kid crying for his mom not to die
just like bruce was decades ago

the name just got his attention
>>
File: 1465181383548.png (48 KB, 197x168) Image search: [Google]
1465181383548.png
48 KB, 197x168
>>71933597
>and Batman responds with 'tell that to Zod's snapped neck.'
shitpost-kino
>>
>>71934281
Really? She has no reason to be involved and she has no charisma, hell she hardly interacts with anyone. She shares two scenes with Bruce, she has a few shots of her lounging around a hotel room and getting on an airplane, and then she shows up to the final battle. The movie would have been better served without her.
>>
>>71934289
Oh, is that also why he screamed "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!" eight times?
>>
File: 1467931178512.jpg (70 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467931178512.jpg
70 KB, 500x500
>>71934320
>least screentime
>least dialogue
>best character
>>
I love /tv/'s meme culture (fucking hilarious) but they seriously need to learn how to separate it from actual television and film discussion.

I think I'm just gonna browse these boards for memes now, it's fucking pointless.
>>
>>71934320
But then who would have opened up the aquaman file?
>>
>>71934230
Harley is dangerous the same way Joker is except with more redeeming qualities. I wouldn't say she's supposed to be scary, more like mentally ill bad girl.
>>
File: danceoff.jpg (150 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
danceoff.jpg
150 KB, 1080x720
I don't understand the Doomsday battle. When they realized he was absorbing energy and using it against them, why didn't they just have a dance off with him to make him burn off said energy?
>>
File: 1436395314942.jpg (23 KB, 438x465) Image search: [Google]
1436395314942.jpg
23 KB, 438x465
>>71933088
>I bet your Warner Brother overlords taught you that you need something....that you shill for a reason...
>My board taught me a different lesson....shitposting...for no reason at all...
>They told me BvS only makes sense...if you force it to
>>
>mfw just watched the ultimate edition after skipping it in theaters due to the shitty reception
>it was pure kino

what did they cut for the theatrical version anyway

surely it couldnt of been THAT bad
>>
>>71934371
God, that's the other thing.

When Batman literally sends her a presskit with trailers for the next DC movies. That was the cringiest, most forced shit
>>
anyone got that image where they make Civil War look like BVS with james bucky and james rhodes
>>
File: 1431475191947.png (480 KB, 525x499) Image search: [Google]
1431475191947.png
480 KB, 525x499
>>71933273
Anon, the answer if even simpler
Its because he's Batman
>>
>>71934320
This. Her acting was terrible too. Ruined the movie.
>>
>>71934470
It's funny how people pretend this movie is some deep arthouse movie about the will to power and the dangers of a man with absolute unchecked power in a post-9/11 environment and he is perceived by the people around him, when the movie literally stops to show trailers for Justice League and the climax is a fight against a CGI cartoon dinosaur as buildings explode around them.

t b h, Batman v Superman has some intriguing ideas and Sheikh Muhamm bin Al-Afleqi is a genuinely great Batman, which makes it all the more frustrating that the movie is utter shit.
>>
>>71933088
>I don't get it and I'm a pleb: the thread.
You didn't have to write so much.
>>
>>71934522
bruh....kino's just a prank bro. just a prank
>>
>>71934477

Yeah it's on Facebook. Waste of double dubs
>>
>>71934269
>Better question is why to they keep pitting Batman and Superman against each other
:^)

You are really this stupid?
>>
>>71934111
Almost didn't respond, but in the case you're not intentionally shitposting.

Lex blowing up the hearing accomplishes several things:

1) The African woman spilled everything to Senator Finch. The Senator was going to lay it all out in the hearing and reveal what Luthor did, hence "this is a day for truth" Lex killed her to shut her up.

2) The explosion is meant to further antagonize Batman into hating Superman, and to further demoralize Superman. Lex is stroking Batman's hate as Superman is now consistently being put in positions resulting in others' death. Lex wants to correlate Superman with Death. And Superman of course is utterly demoralized by his failure to stop the explosion and save everyone. Of course there was nothing he could do as Lex encased the bomb in lead.

3) Further turn the public perception against Superman, again by tainting him with the perception that death follows him everywhere he goes.
>>
>>71933371
The final epiphany comes after Superman's sacrifice.
>>
>>71933371
>another two dozen people

>actually one guy caught in crossfire as he is shooting a Gattling gun
>>
>>71933088
The kino meme is just as bad as the daily reminder meme.
Faggot.
>>
>>71934252
dude memes
>>
MOMMY

NO HURT MARTHA MOMMY

YOUR MOMMY MARTHA TOO?

WE FREND NOW
>>
File: fuckfrog.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
fuckfrog.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>71934623
>make well thought out post explaining the scene, it's intentions, context and meaning within the film.

>no response by shitposter

business as usual.
>>
>>71933088
>watching kino for plot
Back to /v/ you go
>>
>>71934456
underrated post
>>
File: 1459042484652.jpg (73 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1459042484652.jpg
73 KB, 1000x600
>>71933411
old stuff m8
found this in the archive
it was posted on March
>>
>>71934252
kek
>>
File: attachement-512.png (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
attachement-512.png
24 KB, 512x512
hey everyone look it's a JL introduction
>>
>>71933769
As a major DCfag, CA: CW was the better "superhero vs. superhero" conflict in every fucking way.
>>
File: vKC0v5X.jpg (33 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
vKC0v5X.jpg
33 KB, 853x353
>>71933088
>STOP INVINCIBLE SON
>P.S. DON'T FORGET TO VISIT ME AT THE HIMALAYAS
>>
>>71933273
How did Superman's father get on top of the Himalaya?
>>
File: MoSCinegrid - Copy.png (3 MB, 3112x1456) Image search: [Google]
MoSCinegrid - Copy.png
3 MB, 3112x1456
Dropping kino
>>
>>71938420
Tornado from MoS took him up there
>>
>>71937146
This.

I've been DC all my life. Hating BvS isn't what I want, but its what BvS deserves. It's left me cold to the entire DCEU. It'll be 10-20 years before theres even a chance of a good DC movie universe.
>>
>>71938584
I... I can't handle this
>>
File: readImage.jpg (27 KB, 399x385) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
27 KB, 399x385
>>71938394
every fucking time
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 500x500
>>71933088

>people pretending there is no context subtext or any text at all to 'Martha' here

Look you can call he movie shit but neing so obviously willfully ignorant just isn't impressive
>>
File: 1468381681195.jpg (14 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
1468381681195.jpg
14 KB, 599x337
>>71933088
Daily reminder too that they went into product placement further that ever before by including 3 teasers inside the movie in the scene of WW and the laptop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XnVvDmiTt0
>>
>>71938394
>>71938751
>I GOT A MOTTO FOR YOU TO LIVE BY SON. SNAP NECKS AND CASH CHECKS. DEATH TO HUMANITY
>>
>>71938600
>Clark, did I ever tell you about your father? He was the best Tornado pilot in Kansas. And he was a cunning horse murderer. I understand you've become quite the murderer yourself.
>>
>>71937146

I felt that the schism between Captain America and Iron Man was very arbitrary and revolved around Iron Man fucking up situationally rather than any ideological difference
>>
>>71935464

Unfortunately that's not what this board is for anymore. People will actually pretend a movie is broken irrational gibberish rather than admit that the scenes do work in order. Plenty of people also haven't seen the movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 368x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 368x276
>>71935295

ROSEBUD

MY SLED ROSEBUD

ME NO SAD NO MORE BECAUSE MY SLED ROSEBUD
>>
>>71938584
I can take a picture of my shit, make it black and white and dial up the contrast, it's still not kino :)
>>
>>71938584
That's one of the worst grids I've ever seen. Terrible B&W settings.
>>
>>71934623
>>71935464
I actually went back after reading that, and watched the whole movie again, to see if I could catch any of it, and I caught a little bit of it, (the black woman and the senator bit, for example), but at no point in the movie are any of these things laid out or explained in a way that's not just "Lex Luthor is a bad man, m'kay"
>>
>>71939262
Lex Luthor is shown to be a villain by uncintrollable schizophrenic rants about his hatred of God, scenes throughout the movie of him arranging and plotting things like gaining access to the evil alien Zod's technology from r the express purpose of making anti-Superman weapons, and the fact that early in the movie a government official tell him that she knows he is lying about his motives in order to gain access to super weapons.

But besides all that, I think people lose the main thread of the plot too easily due to these details.

This is the plot: Lex Luthor tricks Batman and Superman into fighting, then the two team up against Doomsday'. It's strange to me that people wouls go into this movie expecting anything else, and get through it not seeing that. for all the extra stuff they put on the movie, that's what it's about through and through.
>>
>>71933088
Kino is a simple joke you man child
>>
No shit. The writers forced wrote themselves into a wall on that part. Still is a shit part.
>>
>>71933523
There is no logic in that scene
>>
>>71938924
Kek
>>
>>71939701

Batman became a hero because he wanted to prevent anyone from experiencing what he did the day his parents died and his family was destroyed. When he sees that he is stopping Batman from saving his mother's life, he realizes he has become the person he hoped to stop.

The more you pretend not to understand this the more you look like you don't understand much anything.
>>
>>71939835
Yeah no
>>
>>71939856

Then why did the movie open with young Bruce Wayne crying his mother's name as he is unable to save her, followed by an explanation from adult Bruce that becoming Batman liberated himself from those feelings of powerlessness and hopelessness?
>>
https://m facebook com/story.php?story_fbid=669556683200386&substory_index=0&id=212971328858926

This motherfucker is giving away copies of superman vs batman. Stupid youtube slag give me my free bluray cunt!!!!!
>>
>>71939941
Because while he is wanting be the person to stop these bad people, him switching his stance on superman on a drop of a hat when superman literally crashes through many buildings and killing many of Bruce's friends and workers seems very far fetched and not likely for anyone in that scenario. You don't build all that anger and then just be buddy buddy once someone says your mom's name.
>>
>>71939406
>This is the plot: Lex Luthor tricks Batman and Superman into fighting

I think this is the main reason BvS sucks. It doesn't establish why Lex wants Superman to fight Batman. Why isn't he fight him? He certainly has the technology, he could have easily made weapons out of kryptonite. And it would have been more the Lex we know from the comics - who is obsessed with humanity and wants to show that he only a mere human could destroy superman a godlike being.
So why use Batman? Batman even has bad reputation. Wouldn't it be better if he had shown that wherever Superman go there is death and then he as a saviour of human kind, a genius saves the day instead of a psychopath in a bat suit?
>>
>>71940130
No. The plot is really quite simplistic. Lex sees superman as a threat to humanity and wants him stopped by any means necessary. I have no problem with the basic plot.

I have problems with the fact lex can see the future or is extremely lucky. And batman as a mass murderer. And the fact that the scenes do not flow into each other. And the use of shakeycam I fucking hate shakeycam. And the horrible dialogue. And the forced, hamfisted god analogies. And for the love of god the product placement.

For a 3 hour movie yea their motivations could have been clearer but the basic plot was easy enough to follow.
>>
>>71940130
it's a win win

if batman kills superman lex wins and if superman kills batman he becomes a villain and lex is allowed to do anything to kill him himself
>>
>>71940418
But why doesn't Lex stop Superman? Why use Batman?
>>
>>71933273
Internal padding, obviously.
>>
TIL a hysterical number of people who come here are infants who call their parents "mom(my)" and "dad(dy)" and don't understand adult human interaction.
>>
>>71940682
????
>>
>>71933407
>billionaire aware of the existence of meta-humans and obsessed with superman
>from the start of the film established that he knows superman and lois lane are somehow connected
>meta human files reveal he uses facial recognition software to track wonder woman
>oh look, lois is dating this very muscular reporter
>wonder what would happen if it was used on lois' boyfriend
christ, does this really need to be explained?
the government and the layman didn't figure it out because they didn't think there was a secret identity in the first place so no one was looking for clark
>>
>>71940721 ????

Read this thread? No, don't lie.

>Hur why would he say Marfa when das his mommy? He should just say Go save my mommy hurrrrrr
>>
File: 1027510982.jpg (48 KB, 705x375) Image search: [Google]
1027510982.jpg
48 KB, 705x375
Mummy
>>
>>71934469
it wasn't, it was great
the only major problem was the opening scene in the desert. The theatrical cut is baffling here. I really had to stretch my headcanon to explain it. And also the women who lex was paying to lie about it, the majority of that storyline was cut
Other things include the start of superman's investigation into batman - why he starts and why he stops batman from pursuing lex
Most of the cuts are beyond stupid, but the film was still solid with them. It was just more coherent overall without the cuts
>>
>>71940682
My parents were abusive ass holes who kicked me out when I was 15. I hate them. But if I ever saw them again I would call them mom and father.

Did you actually call your parents by their first names your whole life, or did you relearn the oldest 2 names you know?
>>
>>71937146
Nothing to do with BvS, Civil War was dogshite with some okay moments
>>
>>71939856
great argument there cletus
>>
ITT
>compelling evidence that people who hate BvS are too stupid to understand it
>>
>>71934269
who cares? All it takes is a krpytonite gas gun like in BvS to make it a fair fight. Batfleck fumbling for another canister everytime superman started regaining his strength was the best part of that shit movie.
>>
File: image.png (568 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
568 KB, 1334x750
>>71933088
>reminder that people genuinely claim this movie is "Kino", whatever that means
BvS is false kino
>>
>>71940418
>the plot is quite simple
>cant get the character motivation right
Lex's entire motivation starts with him wanting to sell a weapon for money, and then shifts to him hating superman because he hates authority figures because his dad was mean to him. thats literally it. there is a big long expository speech from lex about it.
>>
>>71933088
>why wouldn't they both just say "mom"?
>>
>>71940786
how can one person be so fucking dumb, goddamn son.
>>
>>71933088
I grew up in a broken nightmare home and very early learned to call my parents by their names. A) their names are their names b) I've been and will be an adult most of my life and see no reason to keep the vernacular of a baby C) in any sort of social setting use of actual names is cogent, succinct, and not laughable, D) in general it's actually incredibly rude and dismissive to call people by what they are as opposed to who they are, E)...

It goes on and on.
>>
File: Martha.webm (832 KB, 600x248) Image search: [Google]
Martha.webm
832 KB, 600x248
>>71935295
>>
>>71940882
>IT HAD DEEP THEMES MAN. IGNORE THE TERRIBLE WRITING, THE NONSENSICAL STORY BLOATED WITH DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE TRAILERS, NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE YOU SEE IN THIS SEEN CLARK KENT ACTUALLY REPRESENTS GOD AND BATMAN REPRESENTS....
NO FUCK OFF IT WAS A BAD MOVIE AND ITS FIGHT CLUB TIER PHILOSOPHY DIDNT SAVE IT
>>
>>71933088
Kino is German and means Cinema
>>
>>71940937
dear god that game raped Lotr so hard.
>>
>>71940984
are you really so stupid that you think thats the point? The contrivance of superman saying his moms name isnt the point (although that was dumb), bur that batmans mom sharing the name would be enough to reevaluate a belief he had been willing to kill for. its nonsense
>>
>>71933273

Kentucky Mash (the secret to good health).

Christ do you need everything spelled out for you?
>>
>>71940970
>Lex's entire motivation starts with him wanting to sell a weapon for money

Where the fuck did you get that from?
>>
>>71940995
do they have medication for your kind of autism?
>i call my mom by her name
how edgy of you jared did mom freak?
>>
>>71940995
>its rude to call your parents mom and dad
i feel bad for you honestly. its extremely uncommon and bizarre for children (including adults) to call their parents by their first name. its unfortunate that they forced such an unnatural and stilted dynamic on a child
>>
>>71941092
did you watch the movie? lex wants people to blame destruction on superman to get congress to fund his weapons research. its the entire first half of the movie, and the reason lex is talking to that congress woman.
>>
>>71940970
>>71941092

This retard literally believed the crazy man who force feeds politicians jolly ranchers when he gets called out by a Senator for lying to her face.

Like seriously he saw the scene where woman Senator tells Lex she knows he's full of shit, and he looked at Lex Luthor and said 'this guy is honest', then when the movie went on to prove him wrong he insisted the movie rewrote itself.
>>
>>71941094
lmao@your basic bitch life

Also, people who use the word "edgy" are toilets who don't realize nothing on Earth is ever edgy, that it's actually just them being weak and incapable of reconciling their own inferiority with a world too big and interesting for them.
>>
>>71933541

>This passes as acceptable rebuttal for the average marvelcuck
>>
>>71941189
No, lex wants to be able to get import rights. It is a scene that doesn't make sense I can see how you are confused. Why they would give him rights to the body of zod and the craft don't make much sense but they make no sense at all if the government is also funding his research. But what makes it even less believable is that batman was already researching the white persian at that time do it must have been lex's master plan to let him grab it anyway. So he never needed the senator or the import rights in the first place.

Also, the meeting where he gets the pending import rights and access to zod and the ship is the one where he gives the speech about how superman must be stopped. So it is already his motivation.
>>
>>71941024
>oh my god, martha lol
>why was lex so stupid guys? XD
>why were batman and superman even fighting? there should have been a conversation where they explicitly state their grievances. maybe put some jokes in so the audience won't get bored lol
>>
>>71940970
Lex's entire motivation was power. End of.
There's nothing complicated about this
He lies. A lot.
>>
>>71941024
The story made perfect sense and was very coherent if you paid attention. Sorry you have the IQ of a labrador
>>
>>71941377
Martha is dumb
Lex is not stupid if you believe the plot sequence he has to be fucking clairvoyant.
Why they are fighting is explained very obviously. It is why they stopped that is laughable
>>
>>71941368
>doesn't make sense

He didn't need the import ok, he used what he had to gain the government's trust that he was doing a thing they wanted too, which is why they dumped all their Kryptonian toys at his feet. Very simple to understand.

I have autism and it's all crystal clear.
>>
>>71941060

Batman's entire existence is defined by his own relationship with his dead mother. It's like genuinely convincing a religious person that he is working against his God. Batman's self-identity as an enemy to people who take apart families is compromised here, it's quite earth shattering for him to find out he has become what he dedicated his life to stop.
>>
>>71940682

>TIL

You have to go back
>>
File: b673.jpg (177 KB, 964x580) Image search: [Google]
b673.jpg
177 KB, 964x580
>>71933371
He doesn't killing in this movie directly. Never. It either he shoots car and it exploded, or when he ramming to another car, or else. He doesn't directly shooting or else. He just moving to his target and doesn't get a shit if badguys will be dead along with. That's manslaughter, not killing.

In comics no-killing politics isn't often (based on writer ofc but still) as absolute, he just doesn't do it on purpose. And during all his carrier he killed a dozen, mostly indirectly, or just refusing to help them.

And Martha-scene isn't about no killing bad guys it's about Batman sees himself as a bad guy ready to stab a good guy just based on his lower instincts just as the guy who killed his parents. Moms name just accidentally triggered a still light moments in his broken mind.
>>
The Martha scene had a good concept (Batman suddendly seeing Supes as a person and not an invading monster), but the execution was was handled terribly.

First, scant seconds before that, Batman says "your parents taught you, that you meant something" or something like that. Kinda ruins the point if Batman clearly is already aware that Superman must have people that cared for him.

Second, Superman saying "Martha" doesn't make any sense, nobody would say that instead of "save my mother". Shit simply feels too forced, turning what could be a poignant moment into a cheap plot contrivance.

Finally, that Lois had to jump in and spell out everything to Batman... what the fuck, is like Snyder suddendly realized Lois had been a worhtless cunt through the movie, and that he had to make her do SOMETHING at least. Worst, that she appears and tries to intervene for the man she loves, kinds makes the whole "martha" bit ultimately redundant. The scene would have been much better if it was just Batman facing the reality of Superman's humanity and realizing it by himself.
>>
File: 1468325483368-tv.jpg (22 KB, 533x477) Image search: [Google]
1468325483368-tv.jpg
22 KB, 533x477
>>71933273
>it's internet physics episode again
>>
>>71941540
>shooting a car full of people
>it explodes, all people are dead
>that's manslaughter, not killing

I would love seeing that argument used in a court.
>>
>>71941474
But the motivation the whole time was ti kill superman then by your admission. Not for weapons funding.
>>
>Batman killing

Actually, no. He does what he does, an absolute, a force of nature, and the varying fragility of garbage who shouldn't be committing crimes is what gets people hurt. Batman would hurt no one if no one placed themselves before him but by their choice, completely and indefensible, they do.

Morals are for the victor, and Batman has not won. If he is wrong in the slightest, he is 100% wrong. But cherry picking how he breaks the law and takes it into his own hands is similarly a weakness of the audience and has nothing to do with what or how Batman operates.
>>
>>71933475
I'm pretty sure people get the scene, the Martha thing is just a troll
>>
>>71933371

His epiphany has nothing to do with killing or violence, it's only about whether or not he should consider superman non-human and thus unworthy to meddle in human affairs. Superman having human parents, and having a mortal fear of their loss, makes Batman realize that Superman is not an alien monster who has nothing to do with humanity, rather that Superman has humanity and both Batman and Superman share in a fairly similar fight against that type of loss.

Batman being okay with killing armed thugs does not mean he's okay with letting hostages die, you dork.
>>
>>71941698

The mercs during the chase scene were guilty of what? smuggling illegal materials? I doubt they were nice people, but that crime isn't exactly warrant of death penalty.
>>
File: 14628141849272.png (161 KB, 825x464) Image search: [Google]
14628141849272.png
161 KB, 825x464
>>71933673
>>71933706
Can you HD this?
>>
>Batman's greatest burden is the death of his parents

>Superman's greatest fear is the death of his mother

>conflict resolution by empathetic humanisation of the other occurs

Like I don't see why people don't understand the poignancy of the moment, simplifying it to to "lel they have the same name" makes you look a fool.
>>
File: 1468322785976-tv.jpg (16 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1468322785976-tv.jpg
16 KB, 300x400
>>71933769
Dude, Sebastian Stan liked BvS, so that's shitwar is irrelevant anyway.

Haters gonna hate, baiters gonna bait.
>>
>>71941941
They aren't invested in the characters so the scene falls flat.
>>
>>71941941
No one doesn't get the emotional connection. What they have problems with is calling out your own mother's first name in that situation.

And the rest of the horrible writing where things just magically happened.
>>
>>71942011
>where things just magically happened.

Like what?
>>
>>71942027

You're talking to the type of person who says TDKR doesn't make sense because they weren't shown how Batman got into Gotham.
>>
>>71933088
>starts out by shooting him with guns
>proceeds to waste 2 gas grenades so he can beat him up with his weak ass power armor and bathroom sinks
>instead of just using the weapon he knows will kill him
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>71933273

The trick Mr.Wayne is not minding that it hurts.
>>
>>71941662
Batman is criminal anyway, dude.

He doesn't aiming to kill them, he shoots them so they fuck off from him while he is doing Batman's work. He is old, tired, he doesn't get a shit if this will cause their deaths.

And he shoots when they're shoots him, so it's defense at first.

Sure it's not Batman from Arkham video games or Timmverse, but it's still Batman,who cares, even Rocksteady's director and Bruce Timm himself appreciates Snyder's vision.
>>
File: 1467514910878.png (185 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1467514910878.png
185 KB, 500x300
>>
>>71933273
>through
The real damage would be from sudden stops and starts causing his internals to scramble. going THROUGH things would be fine.
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 282x424) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 282x424
>how come Batman will kill criminals but not let hostages die?! Wtffff?!?!
>>
>>71934439
stay salty DCuck
>>
>>71942966
Not the point. Ma Kent being in danger doesn't change anything Superman did, so to immediately forgive him makes no sense and renders the first two acts useless.

What great ''''''''''kino'''''''''
>>
>>71933344
His X-ray vision is not always activated. If you are a god and don't consider your opponent worthy you underestimate him and fall into traps like the one with the smoke.
>>
>>71933407
Besides what the other anon said, he also had access to the kryptonian ship that revealed him all the info he wanted
>>
>>71943230

Batman thought Superman was literally indistinguishable from Zod, an alien trying to control humanity, but when he finds out Superman has a human mother Batman realizes that Superman is part of humanity and not separate from it.
>>
>>71943508
But he knew clark kent at the party. Before ship access
>>
>>71941447
>Lex is not stupid if you believe the plot sequence he has to be fucking clairvoyant.
no he doesn't
his plan clearly reacts to the situation around him

he always wanted to bait batman and superman into fighting, he already knew both of their identities
he knew batman had been knocking out guys connected with the white portuguese and figured out batman probably wanted to fight superman himself.
he invited batman to his knowing this
he invited clark specifically as well for banter

if batman hadn't stolen the kryptonite, one can assume lex would've just given it to him. but notice he doesn't kidnap martha until he finds out batman stole it
>>
>>71943730
read the other post that you've conveniently ignored
>>71940749
>>
V
>>
>>71934456
5 star post
>>
>>71933344
Lazy writing. There's numerous times throughout the movie where Superman doesn't use powers that were established or would be establushed. X-Ray vision, super hearing, lasers. Why bend the knee to lex for his mother when he can fly around town and hear her struggling? Or use x-Ray vision? He hears Lois from across the city twice and saves her in seconds.
>>
>>71933377
Supe's delivery made me laugh. And who would refer to their own mother that way in that context.
Batman was literally about to skewer Superman, then changes his mind because their mothers happen to share names and 1 minute later is like "hey buddy what can I do to help you? Sorry I JUST tried to murder you."
>>
>>71941597
>superman knows death is imminent and only thinks about his mother dying
>says her name due to being weak/desperation
THIS IS TOO PERFECT NO BODY WOULD DO THAT I KNOW BECAUSE I WAS IN THAT SAME SITUATION
>>
>>71933088
>people genuinely call this kino
But that's the joke. You've been oblivious to this board-wide sarcasm and don't understand that we're all on the same page. We all know this movie was shit, but the joke is that we're all pretending it's the best movie ever made and comparing it to classical masterpieces. If anything, we're sarcastically satirizing normies who actually think capeshit is good.
>>
>>71933787
TV directors need to stop making big budget movies I swear to christ

Russo Brothers and Joss Whedon are garbage at spectacle
>>
>but batman now sees him as a person because he has a mother
Except as he was beating his ass, he literally said something along the line of "I bet your parents taught you that you were special, that you were sent here for a reason." Why would bringing parents again suddenly make him change his mind?
>>
>>71947438
Shhhh, you party pooper!
>>
>>71947043

>characters not using their powers the way you would is bad writing

Yeah I bet you would've started the fight from mid-orbit and commence saturation bombing on Batman. Heh, Superman's so retarded I would win if I were him.
>>
>>71948404
No, characters using their powers in one scene but forgetting they have them in the next.
>>
>>71947173

I'll give you that the delivery was goofy but Batman re-evaluating his course of action because he finds out someone's mother is being held hostage is pretty fair to me.
>>
>>71933088

Batman realized he got fucking played by Lex Luthor.
>>
>>71948460

It's not a video game, Superman can make a mistake or an error in judgement just like anyone can, especially in a fight. Wondering why he doesn't pause his game and browse his kit reeks of autism.
>>
I'm hoping Snyder explores the Parademon/Marveldrone allegory that he touched on during Batman's dream sequence. Truly fascinating and prophetic.
>>
Think I'm gonna go rewatch this movie, since i enjoyed it.

Thanks for reminding me OP
>>
>>71939262

If you couldn't infer what was happening on film as anon said then I'm afraid you probably have real issues understanding people and emotions.
>>
Don't worry DCFriends. We will give the Shitposters an idea to strive towards. They will bait us, they will meme, they will dwell in their parents basement. But in time, they will join us in the sun
>>
>>71933597
This. It's the phrasing that's retarded, not the idea itself.
>>
>>71933463
>Batman is okay with shooting people
>makes a spear
Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.