[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will this be considered a classic in the future? Such an entertaining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 6
Will this be considered a classic in the future? Such an entertaining and straight forward throwback to the old nonsense thillers.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpRK1t-30L0
>>
>>71931129
It'll have a cult following that's for sure.
>>
>>71931129
Movie is shit about ebil nazis

I swear to god (and by god I mean fucking Odin you kike)you are a paid shill.
>>
>>71931129
Tell somebody who gives a shit.
>>
>>71931275
>triggered /pol/ justice warriors

>>>/pol/umblr
>>
>>71931275
>(and by god I mean fucking Odin you kike)

You obviated yourself too much. Subtlety is key.
>>
>>71931275
>i didn't watch the movie but felt the need to comment on it
no upboat for you anon :(
>>
The violence and gore was done well but the entire hostage/trapped in the venue/escape was done so fucking horribly that it will never be anything worth remembering other than some short clips on youtube
>>
>>71931129

Was my MOTY

>>71931179

Dude clear your acne up
>>
>>71931129
no. Its just like Blue Ruin

a solid film, about a 7/10, well made with a decent storyline that didn't go to shit; but because of all the dross existing out there, the movie gets elevated to best of year for some reason
>>
>>71931129
couldn't get past opening, its fucking retarded
>>
File: 1464143784607.jpg (245 KB, 1200x1822) Image search: [Google]
1464143784607.jpg
245 KB, 1200x1822
>>71931129
it was stupid and tried to be all we are making these clever moves when none of it made sense so yes
> nonsense
is the right term
>inb4 your a pleb and didn't get the deepness

all supreme overlord nazi captain pickards orders made no sense and were ignored
only use machetes don't hit the bone
>already half chopped a guys hand off
then if you have to use guns don't hit the walls
>shoot the shit out of a wall

i don't think it accurately portrayed neo-nazi's but they are probably such a small little group that the little pockets that do exists have their own traditions and do stupid shit like the red laces or whatever

but i look at the broader picture you now have 2 neo-nazi films one about to come out another that just came out

and 2 uber feminist films that have come out neighbours 2 and ghostbusters

its interesting

cop car and the guest were better films
>>
>>71934176
This wasn't even about them being nazis desu, any more than the war boys were true vikings bound for Valhalla.
>>
>>71934176

Red laces are one of the most well known hallmarks of Neo nazi culture. The movie was accurate a/f
>>
>>71934287
Do they actually mean you are a top 187 killuh for tha squad?
>>
Why didn't they just run out after they broke the fat guys arm? They had the gun and the other nazis weren't particularly killers...
>>
>>71934333
Wut m8 they broke his arm during the scene where they gave the gun back and he got his arm sliced up.
>>
>>71934323

Yes. Red for "I've killed a nonwhite look at me" and Blue for "I've killed cops look at me"
>>
>>71934384
But in the movie it seems to just signify "i am prepared to kill for my fuhrer", so it wasn't that accurate.
>>
>>71934418

But like, it is

He asked for red laces because they were a drug cartel and red laces were people who had presumably participated in murders for Darcy before
>>
>>71934348
Really?
Well, they had the gun and the club was full of people/potential witnesses, so why not just break the big guys arm and run?
The red laces came after everyone had left
>>
>>71934287
>be in middle school
>wear red laces because the vans I have on have this blood design on the side and I thought it would look cool
>one of the kids in a grade above me is a ginger redneck, confronts me about my laces and asks if I'm in a gang

People take that shit seriously
>>
>>71934492
Lol did he confront you because he was a FCUK H8r or because he was 1488?
>>
fuck off shill
>>
>>71934472
Yeah I get that, I guess the pretense of it being 'i have murdered nigs, not my white br0tters" seemed to be missing. I guess the giving of the red laces to Derek Waters seems to be out of line because he hasn't killed yet, or I missed some symbolism in that moment because I didn't know this shit about IRL neo-nazi culture.
>>
>>71934573

He gave him red laces because he helped kill multiple people (not directly, but he did assist in shutting the club down, scrambling the red laces, and other stuff) so even though he didn't directly kill Reese or Tiger or Sam he still facilitated it and the act of giving him red laces was symbolic of Darcy considering him a solid, dependable guy for hairy pig fucks like the situation in the movie
>>
>>71934287
>Red laces are one of the most well known hallmarks of Neo nazi culture

i realise that it just seemed bogus as fuck and about the only thing that was accurate about neo-nazi's but the rest of the film is nonsense and nobody has dis-proven that
>>71934223
oh what was it about then? please enlighten me?

>>71934472
>drug cartel

u wot
>>
>>71934650
The scene kind of reminded me of Immortal Joe spraying Nux in the face as an ass-pat to encourage him to get back on track with his suicide mission. The moment felt disingenuous and tense for that reason. I thought the red laces were meant as an implication that he has got to go prove himself now by killing.
>>
>>71934681
Lol they were a drug gang, that was the entire point man. He was using heroin to control people and obviously make money.

The neo-nazi aspect was all aesthetic as far as the movie was concerned. No niggers involved.
>>
>>71934287
>>71934681
oh and concerning red laces i've heard all sorts of random bullshit for reasons why they wear them

like i said the neo-nazi's aren't some cult that has the same exact values when you come across random neo-nazi's on either side of the country
>>
>>71934681

Jesus fuck dude learn to type properly
>>
>>71934737
lol ok lad
>>
>>71934802
Excellent rebuttal. You seem kind of butthurt. Did this movie misrepresent you in some way?
>>
>>71934798
no
>>
>>71934822
no I just think your dismissing the neo-nazi aspect of the film as just

>lol hurr durr its an aesthetic

my butthurt is about people saying it will be a cult classic when it makes little to no sense at all

another flaw is fucking hiding your drug lab in a fucking bar

gee thats a good a idea isn't it?
>>
>>71934739

Huh? Red laces are a hallmark of "I have fucking killed niggers, I believe in the cause". There is literally no neonazi subculture in America that doesn't adhere to that belief.

If you disbelieve me, start wearing red laces around nazi punks.
>>
>>71934893
nah i can't be fucked you seem to know a lot more about it compared to me how come your so learned?
>>
>>71934906
Because I grew up in hicksville around skinhead faggots and have been in places just like the movie portrayed?
>>
>>71934935
Was there a lot of actual nigger wrastlin where you're from?
>>
File: 1468216489695.png (11 KB, 626x355) Image search: [Google]
1468216489695.png
11 KB, 626x355
>>71931129

>Patrick Stewart absolutely flopping on what he thinks is a "redneck" accent
>30000 gang shootings per year and fictional white supremacist groups are the boogeyman

It can't be a social commentary if the bad guys are less believable than magical unicorns.
>>
>>71934935
hahahahhahahahahahaa
>>
>>71934935
muh anecdotal evidence
>>
>>71931129
It's very good but Blue Ruin is superior.
>>
>>71934968
No, there's a lot of fucking losers working at Sonic fast food places who think the reason they failed at life is because niggers exist, rather than they knocked up other fat retards at 16 years old and can only read at a 4th grade level.

Ironically the skinheads who deal drugs and pimp women out are revered because they 'fuck niggers up' when they act the most like the stereotypical niggers.
>>
>>71934976
In my mind I just decided he was an old skinhead from England.
>>
>>71934976
That's why i'm saying to this butthurt guy above that it wasn't a social commentary. It was a slasher flick with the backwoods neo-nazi
A E S T H E T I C

Although if the planning by the neo-nazis in this movie is to be believed, those statistics aren't desu
>>
>>71934995

'muh literal 0 evidence other than 'B-Bu-But media bias!@@!!!!!'

Go fucking suck Turner's dick faggot and get back to /pol/
>>
>>71935023
Ain't nothing wrong with pimpin and hustlin. Tupac would have been proud. Gotta have love for yo brothas dog
>>
>>71935041
>Cool movie about any other subject
Whoa this shit is cool. LMAO you must be a NEET faggot to care if they don't get the details 100% right
>Movie about skinheads
WHOA WHOA WHOA Hold on, they didn't accurately portray the cars they drove, absolute garbage!

What's the skinhead equivalent of jew hands rubbing together?
>>
>>71935048
>>71934995

Whoops, meant to reply to
>>71934994
>>
Red laces don't mean that you've killed someone. At least not necessarily. It just means that you've shed the blood of nonwhite person. If you beat the fuck out of a colored person and make them bleed, you can wear red laces.

White laces are the most common, and represent white power. Black laces are neutral. Blue laces mean you're straight edge. Yellow laces mean you have done time or have killed a LEO. Green laces are worn by SHARPs (you definitely don't want to be wearing green laces around non-SHARP Nazi punks - very good way to get your ass kicked).

Source: I grew up in rural PA around Nazi shitheads.
>>
>>71935041
>It was a slasher flick with the backwoods neo-nazi
>A E S T H E T I C

ok insert a black gang instead of neo-nazi's what would people be saying?

but since you just ignored >>71934881

and claim i'm butthurt because they used neo-nazi's how would you feel if inserted a black drug gang into the film in replace of neo-nazi's and then say sorry mate its just a slasher film its just for aesthetic
>>
>>71935099
Somehow those junkies don't seem to mind selling out 'superior' white women to whatever race has money to dump cum into them.

White power, lmao
>>
>>71935131
wtf does SHARP mean?

>>71935137
I have no idea what people would be saying. I'm down for a blaxploitation movie about a bunch of good white kids being hunted by some black nationlist sambos running through the woods with machetes doing some heart of darkness shit.

This movie is just clearly not saying shit about neo-nazis, except the generic shit like "theres that one psycho meat head who fucks everything up" and "its really all about drug dealing".
>>
>>71935048
lol look at this >>71935131

this guys anecdotal evidence says something different from yours. like i've said all along from my first post neo-nazi's are such a small pocketed little thing that they have different traditions and meanings even if they have somewhat of a similar ideology

>but muh turner diaries reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>71935186
Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice.
>>
>>71935186
>and "its really all about drug dealing".

i disagree i believe most of /tv/ would as well its saying more about skinheads than hurr durr they found a drug lab in the last act
>>
>>71935197
>Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice.

>doesn't believe in anything neo-nazis stand for
>subscribes to this weird shoelace thing

wtf is even the point? lmao

Its like jews for jesus or something.
>>
>>71935188
Your argument is literally "It doesn't necessarily mean they KILLED a nigger, just that they hurt them really bad".

Uhh ok, what's your fucking point? If you put a black person in the hospital where I'm from you could probably get away with wearing red laces too. Whooaaa bro, soooo different..
>>
Well they couldn't use commie punks as the antagonists in a punk themed thriller now could they? Noone needs to fight there way out of a heroine dealing tumblrina's clubhouse.
>>
>>71935213
I didn't think it was saying anything about skinheads man. To me the movie was about a bunch of kids who were green around the kills having a run in with stone cold killers who aren't into their game for an image, and the survivors being forced to go apache to actually survive the conflict.

Its a very stereotypical thing really. Like texas chainsaw massacre.
>>
>>71935259
gills*
>>
>>71935259
The problem is /pol/tards take personal offense to the movie so you will never be able to talk about it in /tv/
>>
>>71935281
don't slander the good name of /pol/. /pol/ is a board of peace.

I wear the ron paul colored shoe laces.
>>
>>71935255

Make your own horror thriller about tumblr commie punk or gangbangers then

This movie was low budget, you can film something like this relatively cheaply if you wanted to
>>
>>71935313
I don't think he was griping, I think he was just saying skinheads are the natural antagonist. There is no such thing as a tumblrina drug cartel.
>>
It started to feel cheap when it became apparent that the villains were complete morons.

>armed people trying to escape
>one of them is one of the band members we need to kill and frame for trespassing
>alright everyone pack it up let's go
>except you two, you stay here with a shotgun and 3 shells, if they get trapped in a basement with no way to escape be sure to follow them down there for no reason
>>
>>71935332
Yeah it declined after that no doubt. That still leaves a solid second act.

Most horror movies run off the rails at that point too.
>>
>>71935041

>I don't believe statistics that go against what the media programs me to believe and I'm too lazy to search DOJ stats

Stay cucked
>>
>>71935313
Yeah I was trying to say this >>71935329
>>
>>71935281
come on friend be real when was the last film you watched about commie punks, blacks, jews etc... fucking over normal people?

its always the ebil nazi's and you get butthurt when people point this out
>>
>>71934287
Not a single group of skinheads can ever agree on what certain coloured laces mean, and to most it means absolutely nothing.

It's like throwing shoes up on power lines. It doesn't really mean shit.
>>
>>71935232
no my argument is you don't know what your talking about and that the meaning of these laces probably varies from state to state if not different parts of the country

thats my argument
>>
>>71935365
You misunderstood my point.

Having said that

>DoJ
>ever believable

I suppose you think Eric Holder did nothing wrong?
>>
>>71935383

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/

Well there was that AAA+ studio release........
>>
File: untermensch.jpg (73 KB, 700x558) Image search: [Google]
untermensch.jpg
73 KB, 700x558
>>71931129
Why do people get salty about portraying neonazis as the scum as they are? If Hitler was alive they would be the first to get put down.
>>
>>71931275
>(and by god I mean fucking Odin you kike)
Topkek
>>
mediocre movie with a few good scenes just like blue ruin
>>
I don't know if I missed something, but why did Nazi Pickard suddenly say that they no longer needed to kill/capture the last band member?

And then lo and behold he shows up and kills everyone. What a convenient oversight for our protagonist.
>>
>>71935414
>>71935414
i said commie punks i meant like SJW cultural marxist fags not literal russians
>>
>>71935386
Throwing shoes up on power lines means I snuck on some nerd and tossed them up there so he could walk home barefoot and catch a whoopin from him momma

bix nood son
>>
>>71934881
The neo-nazi aspect of the film existed to make the villains more villainous. He's right that it's just aesthetic.
>>
>>71935469

Name me the last 5 slasher movies about punk or 'subhuman' subculture in chronological order
>>
>>71935409
>the meaning of these laces probably varies from state to state if not different parts of the country

It definitely varies. In some areas green laces means you're SHARP and in other areas it means you're vegan or an animal rights activist.

Safest bet is to just wear black or white laces.
>>
>>71935433

They were dressing up the bandmembers for a murder, so they needed like all of them there by sunrise to call the cops

Once they had 4 they had to get fucking moving and they had most of them so they said go kill the other one maybe but he can just dissapear
>>
>>71931129
Just bought my copy today, got home and watched it. Then I finally watched the RLM Half in the Bag about it and now I'm going to watch a couple interviews, then the making of, and watch it again tomorrow with the commentary.
The movie was awesome.
>>
>>71935386
>it's like throwing shoes up on power lines.

I dunno about the east coast, but on the west coast shoes on power lines means there's a trap nearby (a place to buy drugs).
>>
>>71935551
Lol that's what it was rumored to mean when I was a kid on the east coast as well.

My experience in reality was that it was a thing you did to nerds as a bullying tactic, or something you did for fun with an old pair of shoes.
>>
File: 1466309682327.jpg (45 KB, 634x626) Image search: [Google]
1466309682327.jpg
45 KB, 634x626
>>71935259
This.
I'm kind of a /pol/tard but it pisses me off to see all the people on here get butthurt about the neo nazis in this movie just like tumblr would get butthurt about a movie.

People can't realize that sometimes a movie is just a movie and that there is no deep political commentary.
I think the choice for the neo nazis was that they needed a strong group that would defend itself and try to kill the protagonists in this particular setting. It just happens that neo nazis are more than fitting.
The movie doesn't antagonize the neo nazis that much.
Two of them ends up on their side and I'm not even counting Imogen Poots. She is with them since the beginning but she is well into the neo nazi scene.

People can't appreciate a movie without seeing the political aspect and whining about it.
I liked Beast of No Nation while being /pol/ and seeing others saying they don't want to see "nigger movies kek" just because it happens in Africa with black actors is retarded.

Sometimes it's nice to appreciate art for the sake of art.
>>
>>71934176
Please get lost, I can't believe you cunts meme'd me into watching The Guest. Unsatisfactory on several levels. Weak lead, bland writing, dissolves into nonsense with a twist so predictable I was sure they wouldn't do it and then they did.
>>
>>71935549
Upload dat commentary track dog
>>
>>71935598
>>71935598
My opinion is that the butthurt ITT is from exclusively underage neo-/pol/ or trolls. Nobody could watch this and think it had anything in particular to say at all.
>>
>>71935606
it's objectively superior to meme room
>>
>>71935598
no fucking

nobody is butthurt about the neo-nazis its just some tumblr fagget saying if you think the movie is shit its because you didn't like your precious neo-nazi's being portrayed as the bad guys

i've said it over and over again the movie made no fucking sense it was stupid and if you like movies that make no sense then i dunno your probably stupid
>>
>>71935606
i said better films not fantastic amazing films
>>
>>71935598
Yeah the director said in the Vice interview he chose nazis because they're like a prepackaged villain. And he said he wanted to make this movie right away to get his want of doing genre movies fulfilled. Him saying that means to me he's already working on another movie that probably won't be like Blue Ruin or Green Room.
>>
>>71935855
well then thats just fucking lazy
>>
>>71935855
>he's already working on another movie that probably won't be like Blue Ruin or Green Room.

;__;
>>
>>71935598
i watched 12 years as a slave and thought it was fantastic but i also thought this movie was mediocre
>where is your god now
>>
>>71934976
>Patrick Stewart absolutely flopping on what he thinks is a "redneck" accent
I didn't think he even attempted to alter his accent though.

What bothered me more was half the cast dropping their accents every other scene. One moment they're yanks in Portland, next moment they sound English.
>>
>>71933664
>Dude
>>
>>71935957
I thought the Nazi who ended up going to get the cops at the end was the dude from drunk history.
>>
>>71935886
The movie was done really quickly, two weeks before the shooting started they were considering scrapping the role of Darcy because they didn't have anyone to play him. Patrick Stewart took on the role after reading the script, 10 days later he was on his way to Portland, and filming already started before then.
>>
>>71936000
it shows
>>
>>71936000
like what annoys me the most is it had potential if it just made sense
>>
>>71936053
I guess so. It doesn't cheapen the film for me, shit was intense for me. What others have talked about is feeling anxiety after having watched it and it happened to me too, went out for a walk.
I just fisnished watching the Vice interview and he said he has several projects going on now and he's writing so I think he'll have be able to put more time into future projects from now on.

>>71936102
What do you mean exactly?
>>
>>71936118
>shit was intense for me. What others have talked about is feeling anxiety after having watched it
I felt this up to a certain point. When the "red laces" showed up and almost sawed the poor bass player's hand off I was horrified. I felt they perfectly set up a bunch of fearsome enemies to terrorise the protagonists.

But it peaked there and began to turn into a mess where every bad guy seemed to be competing to see who could be the most incompetent.
>>
>>71936118
>What others have talked about is feeling anxiety after having watched it and it happened to me too, went out for a walk.

wat its a fucking movie lad jesus i was pissing myself laughing half the time

when he got his arm chopped up i cracked up what a fucking dumbass give the gun away lol trapped in a fucking room with a hostage and you give your weapon away lol

hahahahahhahahaha cunt deserved it

and then the movie makes him out to be the hero like anyone wouldn't bleed out, pass out and die of that shit within 10 minutes

hahahahahhahahahahaha and people are like what do you mean the move makes no sense
>>
>>71936257
>move

movie*
>>
>>71935469
That's an interesting idea. Antifa villains would be more interesting and original. And they're just as violent and fascist as neo-nazis.
>>
File: 1465375462718.jpg (164 KB, 1065x902) Image search: [Google]
1465375462718.jpg
164 KB, 1065x902
>>71936257
For some reason I'm not entirely convinced this is bait.

Have you even seen Blue Ruin. These movies are PAVED with bad decisions and dumb protagonists.
There's a reasons this movie is part of a trilogy called the "inept protagonists trilogy".

People crave logic in movies, they like to see the heroe maje the ggod choice but real life isn't like that and sometimes, you make retarded moves and that works for bad guys as well as good guys.
This movie tries to force this imperfect realism on you, but a lot of people don't get this apparently...
>>
also /heem/ here the whole bjj thing was funny as fuck
>>
>>71931129
its shit fuck off you plebs

>>71931202
pleb

>>71931275
this

>>71933664
ITS GARBAGE
>>
>>71936397
Could you enlighten someone who knows fuck all about BJJ?
>>
>>71936203
Well you saw that they smoked crack or heroin before they started going in, the whole part of killing the band was supposed to happen quickly but it stretched on, and so the crank wore off. They're soldiers but not elite commandos. Like in the Sopranos were Jackie Jr. and crew stuck up that card game, they all did crank before it so they'd be fearless and alert.

If you liked the intensity of some of the movie I think you'd like a book called Entombed. Group is stuck in an old decommissioned bunker because of zombies(not really a zombie book) and the protagonist is the one voted to be eaten after a few weeks trapped inside without food. He goes from being a normal dude to just a straight up animal trying to survive and killing group members to save himself.
>>
>>71936369
But they aren't organized, except in Scandinavia.

Maybe a scandinavian movie about somebody being stalked by antifa. Antifa doesn't maintain bunkers full of drug factory shit.
>>
>>71936430
>>71936430
like its sort of half believeable if you keep a gun on the dude while you hold an arm bar

but the dude could just punch the bjj guy in the balls with his free hand immediately the dude loses his grip on the hold

real fighting in the street isn't like mma and its especially not like a bjj tournament

it shits me that you see a lot of bjj in movies now like its some credible fighting style in real life
>>
I love how most people who didn't like the film are offended by the depiction of this white supremacist gang...
>>
>>71931275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igpnd_eFXUg

watch this interview nigger
>>
>>71931275
mmhhmmmm getting me fuckin wet there butthurt mcgee shall i insert first or you?!?!?!??!?
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.