[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Three years later, it's time to talk about The Lone Ranger.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 4155861.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
4155861.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
Three years later, it's time to talk about The Lone Ranger. Is it the most misunderstood, underappreciated film of our generation?

It's a legit 8/10. It's Mad Max meets Wild Wild West.

Fucking go watch it if you haven't.
>>
>It's a legit 8/10
I can swing on that. Yes.
>>
Go to bed, Frank
>>
I like it, but mostly because I saw it roughly a year after it came out. All I heard about was how terrible it was, that it made no sense and was boring. After watching it, it's a middling, fun adventure flick that doesn't take itself too seriously.

It's about 20 minutes too long, and the scenes with old Tonto should have been removed, but other than that it's a perfectly watchable popcorn movie.
>>
>>71923374
I liked it, OP. It just came out when Capes were more popular and got panned.
I'm actually a little sad to think Western movies might finally be a dead genre.
>>
>>71923374
It's a bad movie. The action sequences are adequate, but the plot makes no sense and casting a white dude as a Native American is not-kino.

4/10, would not watch again
>>
This "pretending shit movies are 'kino'" meme is boring.
>>
>>71923374
If it had come out instead of the first Pirates of the Carribbean, it probably would have become a huge deal. As it stands, it's too similar to the Pirates formula and came out too late to capitalise on that.
>>
no, Op. its pretty terrible.
i dont know how they managed to do it, but this version of Tonto is somehow even more racist than the original TV one.
>>
I watched it on a whim about a year ago and really enjoyed it.
Found out after that it got panned.

I still don't understand why.
>>
>>71923374
Yeah. The ending dragged on a bit but it was good shit.
>>
why did they make the plucky comic relief injun a comanche? didnt they know comanches were an entire culture of serial killers and rapists
>>
File: 1379326110068.png (43 KB, 542x602) Image search: [Google]
1379326110068.png
43 KB, 542x602
>three years later
i remember watching the trailers
>>
>>71923856
Are you retarded? Depp is native.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.