[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really want to watch another Malick after seeing The Tree of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: terrence malick.jpg (15 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
terrence malick.jpg
15 KB, 214x317
I really want to watch another Malick after seeing The Tree of Life and Thin Red Line.

I have Brave New World arriving in the mail in a couple days, is that a good next film to watch?
>>
>>71921147
*The New World
>>
>>71921389
oh shit, that's what I meant
>>
File: tothewonder.jpg (85 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
tothewonder.jpg
85 KB, 600x889
>>
Days of Heaven and Badlands are his only good movies so watch those
>>
>>71921989
Ah, the shittiest one
>>
>>71921147
I already saw Badlands and Days of Heaven, enjoyed them both though I liked Badlands more. Should I just see Thin Red Line next or something else by him?
>>
>>71921147
Watch Badlands and Days of Heaven in that order. Then wait for The New World to arrive and watch that. You can skip >>71921989 or not. Then watch Knight of Cups. Now you're done!

he's a fantastic director, but please don't sperg out about him like most of his fans on /tv/ seem to do
>>
>>71922136
Thin Red Line

Just keep watching chronologically.
>>
Just so you aren't disappointed, all of his movies made after 2000 are bad.
>>
File: TNW (23).jpg (365 KB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
TNW (23).jpg
365 KB, 1920x818
>Skipping anything in such small filmography.

>Skipping To the Wonder which is more essential to his current style than Tree of Life which is more like a redefined TNW.
>>
File: Dog (2).jpg (818 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dog (2).jpg
818 KB, 1920x1080
>>71922274
meme opinion, did you learn it in meme college?
>>
File: Tm.jpg (197 KB, 1143x667) Image search: [Google]
Tm.jpg
197 KB, 1143x667
>>71921147
I recommend watching chronologically. Just start from the beginning.

TNW ain't exactly shit, but it isn't exactly hot shit either.
>>
>>71921147
>the way thin red line just fell the fuck apart outside of the first big battle
Holy shit malick is a moron.

Also:
>show interesting shot of a dying bird near the battlefield
>well shot and surprisingly impactful scene with a lot of loaded feelings
>actually impressed by malick for once
>surprised he had the restraint to not ruin a good scene by handing you it's message on a silver platter
>40 minutes later
>SOME PEOPLE SEE A DYING BIRD AND EXPECT THE MOVIE TO NOT SHOVE THE MESSAGE DOWN THEIR THROAT

This faggot is on the level of any other cheesy hollywood filmmaker.
>>
File: rooneyplaypen.jpg (434 KB, 783x588) Image search: [Google]
rooneyplaypen.jpg
434 KB, 783x588
>>71922450
>Badlands
>not 5/5
TRIGGERED
>>
File: Badlands (17).jpg (583 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Badlands (17).jpg
583 KB, 1920x1080
>>71922475
His films aren't there to be pretentious and obfuscate the message from the viewer.

Don't know why'd you even want it in first place.

>>71922493
It's probably the most elusive Malick film, at least to me. For a long time I was writing it off as wee bit too basic, then after watching his late career more and more I started to found out more things from his late career in it and now it's just sort of evades me but I've ended up loving it over time. Maybe some day it will hit me properly.
>>
So is Voyage of Time going to be like a movie-length version of the birth of the universe sequence from Tree of Life? It's supposed to chronicle both the birth and the death of the universe, excited to see what he's going to do with the latter part.
>>
>>71922647
There will be the short version by Pitt (narration) and the longer version by Kate (narration)

40 minutes (IMAX)
90 minutes (35 mm)

It will probably be some sort of weird fucking mix of weird Christian branch+Heidegger+science mumbo jumbo shit rolled into a document that details the creation of universe upto this day.
>>
>>71921147
>buying movies
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
File: 1464243793262.png (121 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1464243793262.png
121 KB, 258x245
>>71921147
>Brave New World
>Brave New World
>Brave New World
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.