[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Now you listen to me. While I will admit to a certain cynicism,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (101 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
101 KB, 960x720
>Now you listen to me. While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and hatchetman in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method... is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.

Twin Peaks thread, my friends.
>>
>>71918224
You know Gandhi probably would have despised MLK for being black, right?

Also, Gandhi's pacifism was a pragmatic move, not an idealistic one.

Pacifism a shit.
>>
>>71918499
this isn't even a little about twin peaks you dildo
>>
>>71918638
Well it is, because Albert is kinda full of shit in that scene.

Still a funny scene though.
>>
>>71918794
obviously he'd hate him if Truman were black, it just doesn't need to be said
>>
10/10 scene
>>
The diner scene with Bobby and the major is a legit 11/10 kino moment.

Makes me tear up almost every time I watch it.
>>
>Oh by the way, I personally found and talked with the waiter who delivered your glass of warm milk from that night. The world's oldest and most decrepit room service waiter remembers nothing unusual about the night in question. No surprise there. Being 104 years old, Senor Drool cup has, shall we say, a mind that wanders.

Albert is the GOAT 2bh

>>71919269
It's beautiful when you see how it breaks Bobby.
>>
>>71919269
I've never understood why people praise this scene so much. I've always thought it was cheesy as fuck and quite cringe-worthy, really. I'm not trying to be edgy or anything. I just don't see it as a particularly emotional scene, let alone anything deep.
>>
>>71919269
I expected much different scene
>>
>>71919343
>>71919343
beucase of autism
>>
>>71919269
I can't remember the scene in question, anyone got a sauce or just nice any enough to give a guy a tl;dr
>>
The international pilot for me has the most terryfing scene (Bob by the bed). Fucking hell I don't remember when I was so scared.
>>
>>71919483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ
>>
>>71919511
>international pilot
I'm angry because that thing exists, and someone, somewhere, has probably watched thinking it's the actual pilot to the show, and dropped it thereafter.
>>
File: images (58).jpg (26 KB, 330x445) Image search: [Google]
images (58).jpg
26 KB, 330x445
>>71918224
Post TP qts NOW
>>
>>71919483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ

essentially we see Bobby finally get what he was craving, what he was screaming for with his delinquent behaviour- attention from his distant father

hits home for anyone who has lived it, most never get it
>>
>>71919599
I never got the feeling they were particularly distant though. Bobby was just the rebellious son.
>>
File: peggy_lipton_2014_02_05.jpg (58 KB, 396x600) Image search: [Google]
peggy_lipton_2014_02_05.jpg
58 KB, 396x600
>>71919570
>>
File: annie-blackburn.jpg (141 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
annie-blackburn.jpg
141 KB, 500x374
Say what you want about the character but she's a TOP QT
>>
>>71920051
he was extremely distant, both literally and emotionally

when he was around he was cold and removed, to the point of feeling more like a robot than a person - even in that particular scene where we finally see him open up to Bobby, he does it in his autistic manner

I don't think we ever see him out of uniform
>>
>>71919570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5QqNMXosxs
>>
Need a good webm of the rug dance
>>
>>71920319
>the rug dance
Que?
>>
>>71920368
When ben horne is in jail and he's laying in a bunk bed with his brother, they remember something from their childhood, where a girl walked into their room holding a flashlight, wearing a robe, and dancing.
>>
>>71920668
I don't quite remember that. So there was a visual flashback?
>>
By the way, if you haven't rewatched it lately the blu-ray transfer is very good looking.
>>
>>71920717
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWy2DDYDXU4
>>
File: tp2.png (523 KB, 1022x544) Image search: [Google]
tp2.png
523 KB, 1022x544
Why didn't anyone save her?
>>
>>71918224
I love how sincere and pure Lynch is. He strips his characters down to their basest humanity.
>>
>>71920248
I don't think you get The Major
>>
>>71918499
you mean for being a black south african?
>>
>>71921559
what's there to get

a wise military dudededicated to his work and the bigger picture, constantly away or on his way to work, dropping wisdom and insight on people at key points

hinted to have far greater responsibilities due to things the show doesn't spell out, explaining his preoccupancy with his work outside the sparse few moments he has to spare to sort other people's shit out
>>
File: 1382653311807.jpg (145 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1382653311807.jpg
145 KB, 500x374
Best Twin Peaks song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKBRyNNW3u0
>>
>>71919544
whats the difference between the two?
>>
>>71919343
>>71919384

Something tells me you two grew up without any father figures in your life.
>>
>>71922600
autism as in autism for not getting it
>>
>>71922600
not the guys you replied to but i feel the same way about this and i didnt have a father figure growing up, i get whats going on but i just dont get that feel when
>>
>>71922600
I didn't have a father growing up and I thought it was a really touching and beautiful scene.

These other guys are just soul dead I guess.
>>
>>71921071
This is true except for one thing.

DEAR GOD SKIP EVERYTHING WITH JAMES' SUBPLOT IN S2. That "woman" is the most horrifying creature I have ever experienced and was never meant to be witnessed in HD.
>>
>>71922600
I don't even really like Twin Peaks all that much. And I hate Lynch's style, Blue Velvet is one of the most overrated movies imo. But there were quite a few scenes in Twin Peaks that I liked and the scene with Bobby and the Major at the diner was one of them. Their relationship is not too dissimilar to AJ and Tony's relationship in the Sopranos. A lot of shows and movies try to include a dysfunctional father-son relationship for their story but almost always fuck up so bad. The Sopranos and Twin Peaks got it pretty close.

As an aside, I've noticed "cringe" gets thrown around so often, it's lost its meaning. Teenagers from twitch and reddit use it almost any time there's a serious moment on their screen that they clearly choose to disconnect from. There is, of course, hammy acting, but then there's having a complete inability or a reluctance to insert yourself in an emotional scene. It doesn't make sense to clearly be doing the latter, then cry out "awkward" just because you want to signal you're different.
>>
>>71922847
Blue Velvet is literally his most pleb movie in case you somehow didn't know.

By the way his style is idiosyncratic as fuck so it's no surprise that you just wouldn't "get him". You either do or you don't.
>>
It's funny how at the start of the series, Bobby is supposed to be the simplistic idiot meathead and James is supposed to be the complex troubled guy, but the roles become completely reversed by the end of the series.
>>
File: audreyhorne.jpg (21 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
audreyhorne.jpg
21 KB, 400x566
>>71919570
Audrey is best girl
>>
>>71922021
He is a Kierkegaardian Knight of Faith; the most average, banal, unassuming man who harbours within him the infinite resignation and hope required for true faith. He is a man who has probably passed through both lodges, and who comes to the world as a moral crusader hidden within its opposite - the outfit of the amoral American military complex.
>>
File: sam-stanley.png (2 MB, 800x433) Image search: [Google]
sam-stanley.png
2 MB, 800x433
Nicotine is a drug. Caffeine is a drug.
>>
File: suffering.png (202 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
suffering.png
202 KB, 361x361
>>71923114
>>
>>71923114
>the Major would have been the one to save cooper from the lodge in the Fire Walk With Me sequels we never got
>now the actirs dead so he'll never be in anything
It hurts so much
>>
>>71922961
Jesus, Anon. This is some next level fedora.
>>
>>71923622
Sorry? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: fwwm-missing-pieces-nurse.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
fwwm-missing-pieces-nurse.webm
3 MB, 853x480
What do you think happened to her?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.