[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies Ahead of their Time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: onesheet.jpg (69 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
onesheet.jpg
69 KB, 387x580
Anyone ever see this? Came out in like 2008.
So jarringly ahead of it's time that this would never be released today.

>White man (Patrick Wilson) and his black fiance move into a California suburb
>They slowly start to be harassed more and more violently by a racist black police officer (Samuel L. Jackson) who can't stand interracial couples

Would they ever get away with this now?
>>
This movie actually wasn't bad, thanks for reminding me of it OP
>>
I saw that on a Bus ride, it was infuriating.
>>
Remember when Korey ranted about this movie?

Talk about K. Cuckman
>>
>>71915694

Who?
>>
>>71915608

If it's so great how come it has a 48% Rotten Tomatos score?
>>
>>71915858

I think you know why.
>>
>2008 was 12 years ago
>>
>>71915608
Why is Stephen still taunting Brumhilda?
>>
Had some great scenes and s jackson was pretty menacing at times
If the cop was white and the couple was black man/white woman the movie would not have been made
>>
>>71915858
>>71915888
It's not that good once you step away from how it confirms your views already
>>
>>71916153
>how it confirms your views
The movie was supposed to be pro-racemixing but they accidentally made Samuel L. Jackson's character fucking based
>>
>>71916194
>dumb asshole chimps out get killed
>based

truly
>>
>>71915608
miscegenation is disgusting though
>>
>>71915608
>Samuel L. Jackson
no thanks
>>
>>71916122
If the racist was white and the couple was black it would probably still get made, though the entire premise is built on the novelty of the concept of "whoa, the racist asshole is BLACK?"
>>
>>71915694
The spill.com guy?

Holy fuck anon, you just brought back some memories.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.