[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>because he's not the hero we deserve, but the one that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2
File: gary oldman.jpg (40 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
gary oldman.jpg
40 KB, 600x400
>because he's not the hero we deserve, but the one that we need right now
I legitimately don't understand what he meant by this
>>
>>71906925

>he's shit, but we don't got any better one
>>
That he's too fucking good of a person for how shitty gotham is and they don't deserve his help.
>>
>>71907048
then what kind of hero DOES Gotham deserve?
>>
File: cia.png (813 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
813 KB, 900x900
He is the one we deserve
>>
>>71907088
was getting framed for Harvey Dent's death a part of your plan?
>>
Gotham deserved a hero like Harvey Dent, a white knight in shining armor, an upstanding law-abiding individual that stops crime within the confines of the law and leads people by example.

But due to how corrupt Gotham is, Batman is the hero they need, a dark knight who stalks in the shadows striking fear into the hearts of criminals, a vigilante and a man wanted by the authorities, who breaks the law in order to uphold justice.
>>
>>71907074

I was going to say "some mean cunt who just does what he wants and beats everyone up all the time" but then
>>
>>71906925
We don't deserve Jesus to die for our sins, but we need him to for our souls to be saved.

Bravo God
>>
>>71907163
>Gotham deserved a hero like Harvey Dent, a white knight in shining armor, an upstanding law-abiding individual that stops crime within the confines of the law and leads people by example.
explain to me what Gotham has done to warrant such a noble figure, when it's such a piece of corrupt shit
>>
>>71907074

The Punisher
>>
He's saying "WE (GOTHAM) don't deserve Batman (CAUSE GOTHAM IS ULTRA FUCKING SHIT and Batman is a selfless hero) but he's the only chance we've got"

It's Gordon acknowledging the debt they have for Batman
>>
>>71907242
the Punisher is not a hero
>>
Gotham deserves someone like Booster Gold, who doesn't give a shit and is only in it for the money.
>>
>>71906925
>That he's too fucking good of a person for how shitty gotham is

He's too good of a hero for gotham but his sacrifice galvanizes the city just enough for them to keep focus and continue on being shit which is what was needed.
>>
why was TDKR so bad, when TDK and Batman Begins were so good? What went wrong?
>>
>>71907237
Its people are still good.
>>
>>71907452
only first 5 minutes worth to watch. that scene is still kino though.
>>
>>71907464
at least until TDKR, when Nolan spends the whole movie talking about how Gotham's people are easily-fooled, opportunistic cowards who fell for Bane's trickery (which also contradicts the entire message of TDK)

bravo
>>
>>71907504
>kino
I still don't understand this meme
>>
>>71907322
I wonder who will be his sponsor(s) in there.
>>
>>71907508
>Gotham's people are easily-fooled, opportunistic cowards who fell for Bane's trickery

How?
>>
>>71907508
Nolan lost interest by the third.
>>
>>71907537
>Hello, Gotham, I'm here to read you all a speech from ex-commissioner Jim Gordan
>you're going to have to trust me when I say that he actually wrote it and I'm not lying to you about this, because this is just a random handwritten scrawl that I won't show to anyone before destroying
>"I REGRET EVERYTHING I DID, AND ALL OF THESE HARSH LAWS ARE BUILT ON A STACK OF LIES AND I HATE MYSELF AND THIS IS BULLSHIT AND BATMAN WAS RIGHT THE WHOLE TIME"
>So, who wants to join me in my class war?
>
>
>
>YEAAH CLASS WARFARE YAAAYYYYYYYYYY, GAS THE RICH, STEAL THE SHIT, MAKE AN ARMY, FUCK THE POLICE
>>
>>71907546
THIS mixed with him wanting to make a somewhat homage to Dark Knight Returns. The 7 year time skip really ruins the flow of the three movies being a trilogy.
>>
>>71907608
Would have made more sense if he would have captured Gordon and made Gordon read the letter himself.
>>
This movie irritated me so much that I actually rewrote the script. I was working a night security job at the time so I had plenty of time to finish it.
>>
>>71907636
>SAY THE WORDS OR THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE
>"h-hello Gotham, I'd l-l-like to read to you all a speech of my own creation, given v-voluntarily of my own free will..."
>
>
>
>"yeah, this seems legit. I think we all can trust the Commissioner's words"
>>
>>71907677
>Dear Gotham, as I write this, I am very sad. Our hero Harvey Dent is dead, and HE WAS A BAD MAN AND HIS LEGACY IS A LIE. DEATH OF THE 1%S. ALL HAIL BANE. SINCERELY, THE COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
>>
>>71906925
>it's another "all of the bad guys forget that they're holding guns, and try to fistfight the Batman instead of shooting him, even when they've surrounded him in an environment without cover" episode
why is Nolan so shit at choreography? this got especially egregious in the 3rd movie.

Hell, even the Arkham games do a better job of showcasing Batman v armed thugs fighting
>>
>>71906925
he meant that he's an oldman now and can't protect the city on his own
>>
>>71907074
I was going to answer this >>71907242

>>71907292 putting your life on the line to get rid of crime is pretty heroic to me. Unless you definition or heroism includes wearing a cape.
>>
>>71907074
is right

>>71906925
>>71907037
>>71907048
>>71907163
>>71907224
>>71907274
are WRONG

The line is
>He's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now
>>
>>71907890
how many innocents has the Punisher killed with stray bullets?

how many men has the Punisher executed for petty crimes that don't warrant death?
>hurr every crime ever deserves an execution
ancient greece pls go
>>
>>71907908
Shit, mean to quote >>71907088 not >>71907074
>>
>>71907237
The whole thing doesn't make any sense. You need heroes who can fix things in the corrupt cities. It's not about what's "deserved". If the city was crime-free, then you wouldn't need a superhero, would you?
>>
>>71907915
>how many innocents has the Punisher killed with stray bullets?
None. Have you ever read it? He's like batman except he actually aims for the kill.
>>
>>71907765
>please forget the fact that he's holding a nuclear bomb to our heads and that we're all hostages in his master plan
by the way, even though Batman took the Bomb out to sea so that Gotham didn't get caught in it's blast radius, shouldn't the city have been nuked by radiation, regardless?
>>
>>71907890
>putting your life on the line to get rid of crime is pretty heroic to me
No complexity here lmao
>>
>>71907985
why does a street-level drug dealer deserve death? why put a bullet in the skull of a man who just lifted a few candy bars from a convenience store? there are other ways to prevent crime than murder
>>
>>71908551
No
>>
>>71907525
Because you're a plen.
>>
>>71908696

Lmao, nice goal-post moving.
>>
>>71909069
No you knob, that was in the original post that you replied to >>71907915, you just ignored it the first time
>>
>>71908696
>bullet in a main who stole candy bars

source
>>
>>71907373
Ras al ghul pls go
>>
>>71908696
Crime is life. The sssentance isss death.
>>
Bane having been trained by the League of Shadows was a good twist, fight me
>>
>>71906925
me neither

it's so weird because i was going to google this today (as i saw a reference to it on another board) to finally understand the meaning. then you made this thread.

what are the odds????
>>
>>71906925
You've got the quote wrong dummy.
>>
>>71909277
what is the right quote?
>>
>>71909245
death, or exile?
>>
>>71909236
>>71909236
Ras al Ghul was right
>>
>>71907665
wat
>>
/tv/, what did Nolans films do RIGHT?

was there any aspect of adapting Batman that they actually did well?
>>
Batman takes the blame of other police officers and harvey dent's death upon himself and lets Gotham think that he is the bad guy who should be hunted and executed(when the reality is exactly opposite).Hence Gordon refers knowing that fact that the people of gotham will hate him for a lie he will tell people,So he says in grief that "He's the hero Gotham DESERVES, but not the one it NEEDS right now" (DESERVES:because of Batman's sacrifice,truth and everything he has done for the Gotham,not the one it NEEDS:because of the lie which Gordon is going to tell the people of gotham and knowing that they will not forgive him at least for now).
>>
>>71909277
>>71909286
>>71907908
>>
>>71907292
He's my hero.
>>
>live in a criminal shithole
>all but 5 police corrupt
>we deserve a hero :^)

They didn't deserve anything.
>>
>>71906925

>He's the hero Gotham deserves

He's the right guy for the job

>but the one that we need right now

He thinks that an antihero cannot be as inspiring as an example of objective good, i.e. Harvey Dent
>>
>>71909851

The batmobile had a fiery exhaust
>>
>>71909253

It worked just fine for the movie since a Hispanic prison guy wouldn't have been quite the motivated leader of the League as movieBane was.

I think it worked because it still played to Bane's strengths as a character - intelligent, charismatic, a strong leader, and chemically enhanced strength. What they did change was less essential to what makes him enjoyable.
>>
>>71909851

Lucius
Fox___
>>
>>71911697
I liked his character
>>
>>71907546
He didn't want to make a better movie than tdk due to his respect for heat legend
>>
>>71912417
I don't believe you
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.