[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finn's character is awful. It pisses me off beyond belief.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: CS83002lg.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CS83002lg.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
Finn's character is awful. It pisses me off beyond belief. Firstly because it doesn't make any sense at all. Secondly because he's just a trash person.

1. It's said that stormtroopers are taken from birth and conditioned to be loyal, serve the First Order, and kill. So why the hell does he have any sense of morality? Why does he act like a normal guy just trying to "do what's right"? And he makes way too many god damn jokes, completely overdoing the comic relief. There's absolutely no chance he would end up like this if he was trained to be a cold blooded killer since he was a baby. IT JUST MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.
There's so much fucking lost potential with this character concept.
A far better idea for his character would be that he's almost completely void of emotions and he would LEARN to feel and have compassion through the force and the way of the Jedi. That would be 100% more clever and logical. There's no way in a hell a stormtrooper would turn out like him. So why not have it actually make sense, have him be a unique character, and set up far better character development?

2. He wanted to completely give up and not help the Resistance, even though he could help. He wanted to just run away and only save himself. But as soon as some girl he met LIKE A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO gets captured he LIES and says he wants to help, saying that he can because of the knowledge he has from being a former stormtrooper. But when he gets to Star-Killer Base in the middle of a war he admits he lied about having a plan to help, and that he only came to get Rey back.
He's an asshole and an idiot.

I swear they put zero thought into this movie. They just relied on the glory of the original trilogy and fan service to make it successful.

I hope JJ drowns. Cancer.
>>
Open you're an idiot. Every military still has jokesters and laid back people regardless of their skill level and loyalty. Stormtroopers still have personality and that's clearly shown in the movie.
>>
>>71905262
>Every military still has jokesters and laid back people regardless of their skill level and loyalty.
No. Not when they're brainwashed to be obedient killers since birth. Even if it somehow made sense that some would have senses of humor (which it pretty much doesn't), there's still no way that they would turn out to have intact moral compasses.
They made it perfectly clear how they were conditioned.
Face it. His character wasn't well thought out. It doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>71905262
>brainwashed since birth to be cold blooded killer
>personality
pick one.
OP is right, this shit makes no sense.
>>
>>71905164
He's a good character stuck in a shit movie. prove me wrong
>>
>>71905804
OP made argument as to why he was shit. This is the proof you're asking for.
On the other end you're not providing any kind of argument.
>>
>>71905262

And yet he's the first one to rebel. Ever. And 5 minutes after rebelling has 0 problems with murdering people he knew for years.
>>
File: abram.jpg (88 KB, 401x595) Image search: [Google]
abram.jpg
88 KB, 401x595
>>71905164 (OP)
>>71905850
>>71905899
What's the matter guys?
Remember how much you loved the first movies!?
THERE'S A DESERT PLANET IN MINE TOO!
It's great!
Give me money, k?
>>
>>71905164
>Holy shit! Storm troopers kill people??? Killing is bad!!! I've had an instant change of heart!!!!
>Proceeds to kill dozens of Stormtroopers

Yeah nah fuk his character.
>>
>Hear about Stormtrooper turned good guy character
Oh shit! Is JJ actually going to do something cool and make Stormtroopers dimensional characters who actually think they're doing the right thing and aren't just cannon fodder props?.
>see the movie
>Finn suddenly realizes he's "good" and every single other stormtrooper stays "bad"

Fuck this movie
>>
>>71906237
>he's gonna make Stormtroopers dimensional characters who actually think they're doing the right thing?
Can't humanize the nazis, man. They HAVE to be brainwashed since birth, can't be anything else.
>>
From the way the scene seemed framed it looked like Finn never saw 'actual' combat, or at least thats what I assumed and he realized he didn't like killing? I dunno this movie was so weird in some places.
>>
>>71906289
My understanding is that he was force-sensitive and when he saw actual combat for the first time his jedi empathy overwhelmed him.
>>
>>71906273
>They HAVE to be brainwashed since birth
This made me mad as fuck.
From this point on I knew the movie were going to push agendas with propaganda.
God that scene when the (very white) nazi commander gives his hateful speech spitting on his audience that raises its arm.

This movie was full blown propaganda.
>>
>>71905164
I think his character makes most sense if he turns out to be a mentally programmed sleeper agent in the next movie.
>>
It might have been remotely believable if he had a poor record of insubordination but even Captain Useless says he's never had any problems or something to that effect.
>>
because he was a killing machine but experienced the awakening.
duh.
>>
1. The Force did it

2. He has literally never ever touched a woman's butt in a sensual way, of course he's going to do whatever he can to continue inhaling Rey's fumes. And even if he is an asshole and an idiot - flawed characters are based, you fucking fuck. You want another cookie-cutter action hero and that makes you a fag.
>>
He was a janitor
>>
>>71906550
This is what I can't understand.

Why the fuck was a janitor promoted to a soldier? What training did he have? Were they experiencing a shortage of soldiers?
>>
reminder if you think bb8 gave finn a thumbs up instead of giving him the middle finger you are pleb trash
>>
>>71906622
I'd call it a general shortage of staff. They aren't fighting battles 24/7 since apparently the new order are some shady underground dudes. But then the people who oppose them are called 'Resistance' and these shady guys have planet-sized hideouts within easy reach of Republic capitolaasdfazsdkf akdsabwkgbaskuegbeskrugyb aerbtawuy t TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO
>>
>>71906550
>>71906622
Actually in a REAL army, the soldiers are the one who handle the mundane tasks. Cleaning, peeling potatoes, you name it. It's called discipline.
>>
>>71906622

What do you think soldiers do when they're not shooting guns? Someone's got to do the scutwork, why employ a whole class of custodial staff when you've already got a literal army of dudes trained to follow orders and not ask questions
>>
>>71906622
I always assumed he was a soldier, but his only experience of the base had been through being put on janitor duty when not in battle.

The First Order looks to be a highly militarised movement - I think they'd have a hard time finding support and maintenance staff who were fanatically devoted to the cause of mopping up floors. They probably had their soldiers do that when not fighting.
>>
>>71906161
"The allies killed Nazis so they're just as bad as the Nazis"
Thanks, lefties.
>>
>>71905382
The First Order has a reconditioning programme that they seem to use quite casually, so it's obviously not the first time one of their soldiers has had a crisis of conscience.
>>
Why can Star Trek have great Black charaters like
Sisko while Star Wars has shitty black charaters like Tard Trooper?
>>
>>71905164
i hate the funko pop shit so fucking much.
>>
>>71906896
Open a dictionary.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.