[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain what's so great about this movie? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Can someone explain what's so great about this movie?
I watched it for the first time a few years ago, and I still think it was a colossal piece of shit.
Poor acting, poor storyline, shit villain.
>>
>>71896139
For me, it builds suspense really well, and michael myers is pretty good as the villain. Donald steals the show though
>>
Can we all agree The Burning is by far the best slasher film?
>>
>>71896139

You just have shit taste, bro.
>>
I will admit I liked the main theme though.
>>
File: HalloweenII11[1].jpg (120 KB, 1600x677) Image search: [Google]
HalloweenII11[1].jpg
120 KB, 1600x677
Dr Loomis is the best character in horror movie history.
>>
>>71896947
THIS
>>
>>71896139
I saw it when I was 10 and it scared the piss out of me. Night after night I thought Michael was coming to kill me. I was seriously traumatized.
>>
>>71896947
Certainly in the debate. He's the only redeeming aspect of 5 & Curse.
>>
>>71896947
My 'poor acting' statement didn't apply to Donald, but he wasn't enough to redeem the movie for me.
It just seems far too overrated.
>>
File: plebian.jpg (118 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
plebian.jpg
118 KB, 579x527
>>71896139
Have some perspective, my precious little niglet. Its the understanding you lack in order to comprehend how good this movie was in its time. Before you became burned out on tropes and memes beating off to the hottest women on earth all before the precious age of 15 there existed a time when those things were new to the game of film. For better or worse, John Carpenter pretty much perfected the slasher genre if not invented it.
>>
>>71897453
I understand this, and though it is acceptable to praise it for what it may have accomplished in its time, to see it as a fantastic movie today solely for this reason is a bit stupid.
The Magnavox Odyssey was the first gaming console, that doesn't make it a great console today.
And don't call me a niglet :(
>>
>>71896139
The acting is fine, the story is serviceable and the villain is great. It's the rare horror movie that actually builds up its characters before sending them to the slaughter, Laurie and her friends are realistic teenage girls and likable ones as well. By the time they start being killed off the suspense relies on the audience caring about their fate. On top of that you have the amazing directing, cinematography and music.

For whatever reason you weren't drawn in. For that I pity you, perhaps on a later rewatch you will understand the film's brilliance.
>>
>>71898307
We can only hope.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.