[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In his review for Whiplash he says "As a musician that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
In his review for Whiplash he says "As a musician that plays a lot of instruments, unfortunately a lot of the notes being played in the movie wasn't exactly accurate."

Is this what he was talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CozBD3GAP0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBlxSwFM4xk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqJn6IN4UsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InmWOmPJ69A

Also why did he change his 9/10 for fight club to 8/10 after he was made fun of for it on here?
>>
>>71893423
My dad's a drummer, has been for 45 yrs of his life. He said the drumming was spot on.

yms is a furfag that believes in sex with animals.
>>
>>71893423
I don't know who this is, but I don't trust anyone with hair that long.
>>
>>71893423
Please don't take your personal hate for someone onto this board.
Talking about Adam only promotes his channel, which I'm sure is your true motive.

Plz fuck my ass Mark
>>
>>71893423
Boo Burnham
>>
File: You have startled the Witch.jpg (37 KB, 840x435) Image search: [Google]
You have startled the Witch.jpg
37 KB, 840x435
>Whiplash gets into a car crash with a semi and walks it off
>"the drumming is inaccurate"

Fuck James Rolfe for creating these nitpicking retards by pretending to be one. Bless him, but fuck him in the ass too.
>>
File: yms.jpg (21 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
yms.jpg
21 KB, 600x300
>I am wholeheartedly against imprisoning those who have had non-abusive sexual relations with animals. To say that there is no such thing is incredibly ignorant and illogical. Objective reasoning matters more to me than emotional gut responses. I do not believe in putting innocent people in jail just because "Eww, gross.".

What did he mean by this?
>>
dude love is just a chemical reaction in your brain lmao
>>
>>71894555
>be American
>suck your dog's dick
>get shot
>>
>>71893423
There is a thing with amateur musicians where they think they know allot when it has to do with music/instruments,
and are pretty much looking for an opportunity to brag that they play and instruments or are in a band
>>
>>71894643
A couple of months ago it became legal to suck your dog's dick in Canada.

YMS lives in Vancouver, so he must be pleased.
>>
>>71893423
>a lot of the notes being played in the movie wasn't exactly accurate
Too many notes.
>>
>>71894731
Oh shit he lives there?

I hope I see him in tha pit
>>
>auto tune
what does he mean by this?
>>
>>71893423
Fight Club isn't even a 9/10 movie, it's easily 10/10 and near flawless. Seriously name a single flaw

The only people that make fun of Fight Club are idiots that misinterpreted the movie projecting this misinterpretation onto others, when the actual message is literally the opposite of what they think.

It's pure kino
>>
File: 1277153739224.jpg (86 KB, 395x482) Image search: [Google]
1277153739224.jpg
86 KB, 395x482
>>71894447
Your dad is either blind or an idiot.

A lot of musicians have pointed out that the inconsistent drumming visuals in Whiplash were its most glaring flaws.
>>
>>71894927
>that's bait.gif
>>
>>71894927
Fight Club is great, anybody who thinks otherwise is probably a contrarian.
>>
>>71894731
This literally just happened 3 weeks ago.
>>
>>71894671
this

i would take a permanently incapacitated person's musical opinion over his. wow those are among the shittiest songs ive ever listened to
>>
>>71895084
>couldn't name a single flaw

Waiting for you pleb
>>
>>71894927
Fight Club is way to popular to be kino.
>>
What is kino? is it a side meme of flick?
>>
>>71895558
An "artistic" movie that either is extremely well made but not really mainstream or one that the majority of the public hate
>>
>>71895417
But that's the thing, it's only popular because people think it's an epic midlife crisis beat people up flick in he vein of American Beauty
>>
>>71895558
it's a meme

it's german for cinema
>>
>>71895923
why is it kino?
>>
>>71896354
Have you seen it recently? The whole things flows like its a 90 minute video clip
>>
>>71894447
My dad works at Nintendo. Maybe they can get together and make a drumming game :^)
>>
>>71893423
pretensious fagget and it doesnt fucking matter if a few notes nobody noticed didnt match
>>
>one of the sound effects was out of sync and the actors didn't blink realistically, shit movie, 5/10
YMS in a nutshell
>>
nitpicking is what lazy people do when it comes to criticism

they are unable to make insightful points about why a film doesnt work so they have to resort to errors in technicality/continuity/physics in order to justify their rating of a piece of art. he's admitted this before too, he says that he tries to rate movies as objectively possible. what a bore
>>
File: 1467935629151.gif (985 KB, 500x252) Image search: [Google]
1467935629151.gif
985 KB, 500x252
>says in one of his videos the whole reason he did reviews was to promote his music
>listen to some of his songs
>they are all garbage
>>
>>71898069
arguably worse than garbage. hes no jim morrison lets leave it at that.
>>
>>71894555
He meant
>I don't actually know anything about ethics so I have to assume I'm right and that people who disagree with me don't have a reason for it
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.