[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
‘Assassin’s Creed’ Movie Won’t Make Money, Ubisoft Chief Says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (597 KB, 688x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
597 KB, 688x1000
>Videogame make Ubisoft isn’t expecting to make a killing off its upcoming film Assassin’s Creed, but that’s not necessarily a problem. >The adventure-fantasy film from Twentieth Century Fox starring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard is basically being used more for videogame sales than movie revenue, The Playlist reports.

>“We are not going to earn a lot of money from it,” Alain Corre, head of Ubisoft’s European operations, told McV. “It is a lot more a marketing thing [and] it is also good for the image of the brand. Although we will make some money, it is not the purpose of this movie. The purpose is to bring ‘Assassin’s Creed’ to more people.”
>>
>>71884927
>image.jpg

go and suck 10.000 dicks you faggot
>>
Reminder that the Assassins are the bad guys.They are Terrorist Anarchists who use the threat of violence to wage war on peaceful, stabilizing international endeavors. Templars did nothing wrong.
>>
File: vUF3oo4.jpg (103 KB, 562x760) Image search: [Google]
vUF3oo4.jpg
103 KB, 562x760
>>71885053
my neger
>>
>>71885053

This.

It all boils down to anarchy vs. law and order
>>
>>71885053
Wasn't AC1 about this?
Every time Atair killed somebody he got his confession and realized that he himself was the bad guy.
>>
>>71885259
I don't remember, it has been so long. AC1 was so clunky I never did a second playthrough. At the end though he discovers his Master is abusing the order, then he reforms it.
>>
>>71885053
Assassins are sect of Islam/Secular
Templars are Conservative Christians
>>
Rather than bringing assassins creed to more people, they should try and keep hold of the shrinking fanbase they already have. Churning out the same old crap is starting to make the franchise look like CoD
>>
It capped it's audience with it's fucking stupid conceit of that gay ass past simulation shit.
>>
>>71885259
i don't think so. if i remember correctly, he still took issue with the means by which the templars hoped to achieve their end(s).
>>
>People forgetting that the Assassins were Nizars who used assassinations as self-defense against Sunni (and eventually European) oppressors
>Ubisoft is literally cashing on the destruction of history

While I'm on the topic, it should be noted that the next generation will grow up thinking only Germany, Britain, and US participated in WW1.
>>
>>71885588
>stupid conceit of that gay ass past simulation shit.
This.

AC1 would have been awesome if not for that shit. It could have been a truly historical game that would bring knowledge of the Crusade era, Assassins, and Islam to gamers. But no, it has to be "DUDE SPACE ALIENS CONTROL THE TEMPLARS LMAO".
>>
>>71885672
The Old Man and the Castle was regarded as a radical sect of Islam.
>>
>>71885765
I wish it was actually the theistic beliefs in God but.... AYYY LMAO
>>
>>71885765
They never even ended up doing anything with the present day conceit, I think originally it was supposed to be leading up to a game where you play as Desmond but I guess the bean counters thought it'd be too risky
>>
>We've dilluted our brand so much that releasing a game every year is no longer feasible
>Better release a movie every year instead that should work
>>
File: VBlackHands.jpg (621 KB, 1613x908) Image search: [Google]
VBlackHands.jpg
621 KB, 1613x908
>>71884927
Sad that we're getting the shittiest looking robes in Assassin's Creed history, and not something nice and white, traditionally.

Don't think the movie's going to be very good. Probably not going to be as shitty as most video game movies, but I don't think it's going to do the first few games justice, and probably won't be able to compare to real movies.
>>
>>71885259
They're all painted like this, but 1 and 3 especially give the Assassins the middle finger as they're dying. The thing is that the Assassins take issue with the means by which the Templars want to get things done. They legitimately want to mind control everyone so a select few can act as shepherds and don't see this plan ever going to shit.
>>
>>71888476
I like the robes and legitimately hope that they're unlockable in the next game.
>>
>>71885259
AC1 had Altair see the world through their eyes for a moment, but the Templar's end is control, while the Assassin's is freedom, which puts them on different sides, I would argue you could decide for yourself which you think is better, since AC: Rogue gave us a taste of how the Templar's thought.
>>
>>71888476
I think the look is fantastic, white sticks out in a crowd, which this deals with while keeping the base uniform intact.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.