[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Short Film! Opinions!! Please!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Hey guys , Please check out my short film and let me know what you think ? If you like it , be sure to like it haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v7aJzJvqJw
>>
This is bad in essentially every regard, but it's good to see you're making shit. Practice and keep at it.

Also, keep this shit to the /fmg/ threads.
>>
>>71883488
Turned it off after the first minute. I could tell I wasn't going to see anything worthwhile.
>>
>>71883633
you watched a 12 minute video in 5 minutes and reviewed it. I like your style! But yes!
>>
>>71883745
I skimmed through it, as the other guy said, I knew I wasn't going to kind anything worthwhile.

I'm guessing this is your first short film?
Most people tend to make theirs about suicide or someone close to the main character dying.
>>
>>71883488
at least make a short that makes the viewer think what he/she/xir just saw instead of some half pretentious shit that takes itself too seriously
>>
>short
>12 minutes long
>more than half is just nothing happening
this is how you do a short
https://vimeo.com/87915632
>>
I watched the whole thing. It is a decent basic type of film. Nothing out of the ordinary storywise, the shot composition needs some work although there is some good stuff in there. Seems like a good film for getting the hang of shooting stuff, next time try and make something more unique.
>>
Awful. I wanted to turn it off the moment it started
>>
>A young man devastated by the lose of his brother
>Brit education

fix your description chav
>>
>>71883488

Okay let's just make this a /fmg/. Im gonna have something to eat, I'll be back soon to give feedback.
>>
>>71883488

I think you might be better off writing for your actors. If you're going to have somebody that looks younger, maybe don't put them in a more adult role. Makes it less believable, is all. I don't know. I know he's playing a young guy, but, yeah. Also, didn't seem to be much emotion through the whole thing. But, again, that's just actor problems.

Also, who brings a kitchen knife to a courtroom?

It's alright, though.
>>
>>71884003
Nothing happens in this one either desu
>>
Compotent camera work and the acting is believable enough. However the premise is not unique at all and very typical of short films
If half the film is just going to be a character looking sad you need to make it more interesting for anyone to want to sit through it, just reading the video description is more engaging than something we have seen many times and not knowing anything about the main character makes it even more unengaging
Id suggest looking at www.shortoftheweek.com for some inspiration and think outside the box
>>
>>71884880
Good constructive advice,
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.