[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
What went wrong?
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

oooh man
>>
File: o-BREAKING-BAD-HANK-facebook.jpg (85 KB, 1536x845) Image search: [Google]
o-BREAKING-BAD-HANK-facebook.jpg
85 KB, 1536x845
>>71869548
>Jesse became stale in the later seasons
>not enough cooking
>Walt's wife's yelling and shouting became so annoying
>Hank saved the show
>>
Walt died
>>
>>71869624
Dude.......... What the fuck seriously?

We have spoilers tags for a reason
>>
>>71869652
The show is how fucking old now?
>>
Still my favorite show of all time. My current gf never saw it so we watched it together and she loved it as well. Really awesome to experience this show again with a person who's never seen it before. So many special moments.
>>
>>71869548
Each successive villain was bigger than the last. It gave a sense of development and progress to the show that otherwise wasn't there. Shit trailed off after Gus Fring. The new 'bad guys' were generic Neo Nazis that didn't inspire any awe - which is a villain-type Hollywood is fucking obsessed with.

They were more bland than Tuco, whose entire gimmick was being an angry psycho and nothing else.
>>
>>71869548
>What went wrong?
Dread, the TV show. It's not about what went wrong, it's about nothing going right. It's a show about a miserable meth cook that never did anything really cool in his last years. But I guess it caught on because it's all about being "with the times" and dreadful times call for dreadful shows.
>>
>>71869652
Walt dies by his son after coming home from taking out all the drug terrorists, his son is holding a gun and just as Walt is about to hug him, he shoots him.

One of the most traumatic and shocking experiences in television :(

It was really well filmed btw.
>>
>>71869548
Every character was unlikeable besides Jessie, Hank, and Goodman.
>>
>>71869548
Walter got cucked
>>
File: tumblr_lzvdwnfsWi1qg2mnwo5_r1_.gif (207 KB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzvdwnfsWi1qg2mnwo5_r1_.gif
207 KB, 245x140
>>71869624
>>
>>71869548

Gus died

Best character in the show
>>
>>71869548
JESUS CHRIST MARIE,THEY'RE MINERALS
>>
Normies found the show + memes.
>>
Every single person I ever saw wearing a shirt like this looked liked a total jerk.
>>
>>71869548
Nothing.

It was a supringsly consistent series from beggining to end.

I also liked that Walter didn't manage to get away with it in the end.
>>
literally nothing, still benchmark for god tier shows
>>
File: truth.png (14 KB, 557x557) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
14 KB, 557x557
>I'm gonna park the machine gun car right in front of the building where everyone will stand in
>I'm gonna bank on them not searching my trunk even though I have used a literal human bomb to eliminate my enemies before
>I'm gonna place Walt's keys in a convenient place for him to reach for even though I made a big deal out of taking them
>I'm gonna delay Walt's execution because he called me a liar and I MUST DEFEND MY NAZI HONOR
>>
>>71869692
Girls don't really like stuff
>>
>>71870377
What's so bad about Mike?
>>
>>71872346
He's old and therefore gross.
>>
File: 1365761836007.png (134 KB, 425x245) Image search: [Google]
1365761836007.png
134 KB, 425x245
Season 4 was mediocre, but season 5 was AWFUL. The contrivances were totally unlike anything I've seen in a supposed "prestige drama". The bald dad standing all menacingly near Walt while Jesse was on the phone. Jesse throwing all the money while driving around. But that was nothing compared to Walt confessing everything he did over the phone to Jesse like it was an episode of Scooby Doo.
>YOU THINK I DIDN'T NEED YOU TO KILL GUS?!
>I RAN OVER THOSE TWO GANGBANGERS TO SAVE YOU!
>I ALSO TRIED TO GIVE TUCO THAT RICIN, REMEMBER?!
>AND THAT TIME I KILLED KRAZY EIGHT WITH A BIKE LOCK!
>ARE YOU WRITING ALL THIS DOWN?!
>I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH ALL THE BAD STUFF I'VE DONE WHICH I'M BLATHERING OVER A PHONE FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER
>>
>>71872269
He essentially did
>>
>>71872463
Yeah that exchange in particular was fucking ridiculous, I know exactly what you mean.

I don't think 5A was too bad in that regard though. B was when it became REALLY noticeable however.
>>
I liked it Tbh much better than GoT, I know /tv/ absolutely despises it for some reason.
>>
>>71869548
They stopped Walt's own operation and his slow progress towards becoming the new Tuco-like figure and just had him go work for someone else. Huge cop-out. Also they introduced those two uninteresting silent Mexican dudes. Seasons 1 and 2 ftw desu.
>>
>>71869548

reddit got ahold of it so it so it wasnt allowed to be popular anymore
>>
>>71873107
>being this new
>>
>>71869652
he has untreatable cancer, what did you expect anyways
>>
Too many seasons.
Also Skylar.
>>
>>71872320
The finale, overall, was not "meh" at all. It wrapped up the show's last remaining plot points
>Walt finds a way to leave his drug money to his kids while simultaneously exacting some revenge on Gretchen and Elliot
>Walt confronts and takes out Lydia
>Walt admits to Sky that he did it for himself
>He tells Sky where Hank and Gomey are buried
>He says goodbye to Sky and his daughter
>He sees Walt Jr. one last time, though the distance between them is obvious
>He gets revenge on the Neo-Nazis for what they did to Hank and Jesse
>Gives Jesse an opportunity to get revenge on Walt for everything that Walt has put him through over the course of the show. We see here how Jesse has grown as a character and, after realizing that Walt is going to die anyway, refuses to be used by Walt one last time.
>Walt dies in the lab, where he belongs - whether doing "real" science or cooking meth
>The episode even starts with him eating his birthday breakfast and making the bacon into the shape of his age. This puts a nice bookend on the show since that's how the first episode started

The whole "machine gun in the trunk" bit was a bit much, even for all of the crazy shit that Walt has pulled throughout the series, but I don't think it lessens the finale as a whole. I think they just wanted to have Walt pull one more crazy "SCIENCE" solution out of his ass.
>>
>>71869548
too much script change
>>
>>71873431
HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A LIAR, WALT?!
I WAS GOING TO KILL YOU ANYWAY BUT NOW I MUST ARBITRARILY PROVE YOU WRONG BECAUSE I HAVE TO DEFEND MY NAZI HONOR!
>>
>>71873431
And I forgot to add my final point, which is that it actually gave closure to the show by wrapping up all of those plot points.

This is something that I feel a lot of shows are lacking in their finales, but Breaking Bad did it right. I actually felt like the story had come to a close when BB ended, which was a good feeling.
>>
>>71873485
>by wrapping up all of those plot points.
Where's Jesse driving to then?
>>
>>71873472
Like I said, that scene was a bit much, but I still think the finale was good.

Also, you may think it's "arbitrary," but a lot of idiotic criminal gangbangers get this way when you "disrespect" them. You insult them and suddenly they're willing to throw their lives away defending their "honor"
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.