[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bakshi said he wants to make Wizards 2 and will if The Last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
>Bakshi said he wants to make Wizards 2 and will if The Last Days of Coney Island does well.

Where do you go from the ending though? Avatar kills Blackwolf and the projector is destroyed, thus ending the power of propoganda over the people (Blackwolf's anyway, since Avatar believed in propoganda too). It kinda ends abruptly, but everything ends pretty much wrapped up.
>>
>>71849546
blackwolf's son is still around
>>
>>71850163

Yeah but considering the mother never wanted to rule the world and when the kid finds out dad wanted him murdered for being born a mutant, somehow I don't think he'll want to follow in his footsteps.
>>
>>71849546
I remember seeing that movie as a kid.
I loved the poster, but the movie was kind of a disappointment.

As for the sequel. when has logic stopped a sequel being make?
>>
>>71850350
>I loved the poster, but the movie was kind of a disappointment.

It's a Bakshi movie, after a few of them you know what kind of film you're going to get.

Except with Cool World because the studio fucked him hard on that one.
>>
File: 1459385031194.gif (2 MB, 350x246) Image search: [Google]
1459385031194.gif
2 MB, 350x246
>got high as shit
>watched a Bakshi movie
>mfw

worst mistake of my life holy shit.

Bakashi movies are like if everyone who made the movie were talented people who love animation but hate their live and made the entire film in some skidrow building only after the sun went down. Also they're all on heroine.
>>
>>71850571

Keep in mind that for a lot of his movies the wierdness is because he's working with no budget.
>>
>>71850571
Watch American Pop. My favorite movie of his and as heavy on the comic vibe.
>>
>>71850854
comix* sorry
>>
File: 1367374776350.jpg (29 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1367374776350.jpg
29 KB, 368x368
>>71850571
>It's a "pleb that thinks you can only enjoy something high" episode

Love Hey Good Lookin' and Wizards
>>
>The film is an allegorical comment on the moral ambiguity of technology and the potentially destructive powers of propaganda. Blackwolf's secret weapon is propaganda, used to incite his legions and terrorize the fairy folk of Montagar; but Avatar's willingness to use a technological tool (a handgun pulled from "up his sleeve") destroys his evil twin. Bakshi also states that Wizards "was about the creation of the state of Israel and the Holocaust, about the Jews looking for a homeland, and about the fact that fascism was on the rise again".

ok the first part and the part about facism anyone can see just from watching the movie because it's a major part of the plot. But I don't know where Bakshi gets the jewish stuff from. I saw it last night and I can't see the holocaust part anywhere in it, everyone dies in combat or as a POW, not through death camps. The Israel part especially makes no sense because Israel was essentially created in WW1 by the British because the Ottoman Empire was collapsing, completely devoid of anything related to facism.
>>
>>71849546
There was nearly literally nothing good about that movie. The only thing that was cool is that William Stout did the poster art
>>
my friend had the tabletop role playing game for this.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.