[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tarzan is white hmm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: the-legend-of-tarzan-teaser-1.jpg (298 KB, 1012x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-legend-of-tarzan-teaser-1.jpg
298 KB, 1012x1500
>tarzan is white
hmm
>>
Makes you think huh
>>
Yah. Tarzan has always been white. That's the whole point
>>
Gee I wonder why he was white

almost as if to make a point about something...

it really makes me think... its a deep movie
>>
>>71843963

So are a lot of pulp hero characters
>>
>Old timey British noble family dies in Africa
>Kid is raised by apes
What did you expect?
>>
>>71843963
Is this movie lighthearted or the 2dark4u edition?
>>
>>71844388
Gorillas have small penises.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GXytZQ6pg4
>>
>>71843963
Yeah, he was British in the novel and all adaptations including well known disney adaptations.
>>
>>71844388
>banana creampie
fruit salad, yummy yummy
>>
>>71845576
im upset we didnt get the scene where baghera finds babby mowgli
>>
>>71845536

True. But Tarzan does occupy an interesting place in history, since unlike most pulp heroes, he was actually used as anti "Back to Africa" propaganda by colonial powers, who used Tarzan movies to convince people that Africa deserved to be colonized by the white man and that blacks who had been taken elsewhere should consider themselves fortunate and not want to go back, even into the era of decolonization after WW2. I'm sure that Burroughs, who was rabidly white supremacist, approved of such use.

Tarzan being white is not intrinsically so much a problem as the presentation of non-whites in Tarzan stories (after all, there have been white men in Africa for centuries). The issue was so troublesome to Disney, so hard to work around, that the only solution they could think of was simply to omit non-white characters entirely from their animated movie. Perhaps the new movie worked to change that to some extent, but it doesn't negate a century of Tarzan effectively being an icon of white supremacy.
>>
>>71846673

tl:dr;
>>
>>71846673

In the animated TV show Tarzan meets up with some tribals.
>>
>>71845617
I guess you've sucked alot of gorilla cock to know that, huh anon?
>>
>>71843963
White male protagonist
Movie is 10/10
Pure coincidence
>>
>>71846673
I didn't think Burroughs was any more white supremacist than anyone else at that time. I'm not aware of any Lovecraft-esque letters of his going on about niggers or genetic contamination or any of that stuff
>>
i love daddy tarzan
>>
You made this fucking tasteless thread once already today. Why do you find the need to make it again? Hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>71846673
Nice tumblr blog
If you don't like it, don't read/watch it. Not your culture to pass judgement on either way.
As for colonisation, if Africans had have been capable of colonising anywhere else and dominating other cultures then they would have. Get over it.
>>
No wonder it flopped

No one wants to see a white male and white female lead anymore
>>
>>71843963
But they also have chimps and gorillas for diversity points.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.