[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when it comes to anime live action adaptation, Race seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: 1468127903051.jpg (69 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1468127903051.jpg
69 KB, 500x375
So when it comes to anime live action adaptation, Race seems to play a big importance in displeasure (ie. america's ghost in the shell or Japan's attack on titan)

but the issue is, it only seems to derive from anime to live action.

I mean, I don't remember people complaining turning Sadako into Samara (The Ring)
Keiji into Cage (Edge of Tomorrow)
or any of the power rangers adaptation (okay, I do know there was the "make Red Asian for Samurai)

why does it only seem to correspond to anime. Doesn't that seem hypocritical?
>>
People just love to complain. Don't you get it yet? They always have and always will. The only problem today is with these spineless, pussy-ass studio executives who trip over their own shoelaces to "respond to criticism" and do whatever they think the Twitter mob wants. You're not supposed to give the complainers control over your product.
>>
the only people who 'care' to complain are those who run shitty click bait sites
>>
>>71834732
Right? You are supposed to keep things 100% white all the time.
>>
>>71834646
>Japan's Attack on Titan

That is a Japanese movie. If they want to make everyone Japanese that is on them.
>>
vee
>>
>>71834646
Isn't first L a decoy criminal ment for kira to kill?
>>
>>71834871

Is that what I said?
>>
>>71834732
>People just love to complain.
I fucking hate these threads with these fedora tipping fucking newfags that just lack the cuck skills to unfuck their yadayadayada

>It's true
>>
>>71834871
Well you got the SJW saying we should have more blacks gays and transexuals in everything, i think...

and then the Stormfags that just want nothing but straight white aryan males with blonde 16 year old girls in everything as well...

I think it's really amazing, because I just want faithful recreations of shit instead of sitting in my bedroom and imagining a MUCH better version of literally every TV show and MOVIE and game.
>>
L's ultimate play will be rubbing off makeup and revealing he was white all along and that Light unwittingly killed some other Jamil Abu Bhaskar by mistake
>>
>>71834976
this "L" isn't revealing his face. So I'm assuming no.
>>
>>71835145
Well we don't know...

What would you rather, an asian emo boy? I could hardly stand Kira...

Fuck they should just do it about the fucking blonde girl from the start.

The Deathnote is the only good part.
>>
>>71834646
this will be another pearl harbour
>>
>>71835224
>L
>Asian

and I would hardly call him "emo." sure, he is emotionally disconnected, but with the way he lives, I'd be disconnected to.
>>
>>71834646
maybe people care when they like a character? would you genderswamp jesus?
jokes on them tho weebs dont like blacks, japs dont like blacks and normies wont give two fucks about this
if i cant have my live action death note then let death note burn
>>
HOLD
UP
>>
>>71834646
we
>>
>>71834871
asian would have also been a valid answer
>>
File: Death_note_l_by_nitro7e-d4s4eti.jpg (240 KB, 1363x2048) Image search: [Google]
Death_note_l_by_nitro7e-d4s4eti.jpg
240 KB, 1363x2048
>>71835313
>"emo"
>>
>>71834646
>decoy l was a deathrow inmate
makes sense
>>
>>71835250
I wish Micheal Bay did a good movie just a shitty romance...
>>
Personally, Death Note is one of those series that could be set in any part of the world, unlike some series that is set in certain parts of the worlds (like Full Metal) it could work anywhere with any type of race.
>>
>>71835405
Yeah, but instead everyone is trying to pass this off as GENUINE Shit's not a movie but a TV series, i'd be surprised if there wasn't 2 decoy L's

And it took 4 episodes to get to it.
>>
It's not so much race, as the actor simply not being a 3D real life version of the anime character.
That's what people want, to literally recreate the anime 1 to 1 in real life. Everything looking exactly the same as it was in the show.

L being black probably wouldn't be so bad if he at least dressed like him and had roughly the same look. A black guy could easily play the weirdo that was L. But not when he looks like a fucking nigga and doesn't actually act like how L acted. If he doesn't do that, it's not even L really. Just some new character they shoe horned into the movie.
>>
>>71835415
its an int meme you doofus
>>
>>71835394
emo =/= doesn't smile.

His attitude is literally the least emo of the them all. When everyone else is all grimmderp, he is the only one that is enjoying himself.
>>
>>71835437
plus both L and kira would have been easy to cast considering they have the typical white-asian mixed tall lanky body type
>>
>>71835465
you are a moron, he has an design, the whole show does
>>
>Keiji = Cage

so, what would they change Light's name to?
>>
>>71835438
>That's what people want, to literally recreate the anime 1 to 1 in real life. Everything looking exactly the same as it was in the show.
That's stupid. Those people don't understand how films work.
>>
>>71835641
Link
>>
>>71835633
What does that have to do with being emo?

I could literally dress up as a goth and act like a clown.
>>
>>71835660
I shall link up this world to a new world.
>>
>>71835644
>That's stupid. Those people don't understand how films work.
Yup but it's what they want.
Look at the ghostbusters reboot/remake/whatever. People mad it's not a 1:1 retelling of that movie they already saw.
People want something that's familiar yet new enough to be a new experience for them.
That is mostly impossible to do, and studios know this, so they just say fuck it and let some director or other creative busy body come up with a new spin on their old shit.
>>
>The theme song is a rap version of "The World"

what is your reaction?
>>
>>71835866

wish granted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIzEH_AOvo0

t Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>71835795
>People want something that's familiar yet new enough to be a new experience for them.

what is Force Awakens
>>
>>71835644
>make popular anime adaptation
>mad when fans expect you to adapt the anime
>>
>Mickey the chinchilla
>Sonic the armadillo
>Capitan Canada
ICONIC MORONS DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS?
When you are handling a character everyone knows and loves you walk on fucking eggshells
>>
File: 1457301386807.jpg (53 KB, 599x393) Image search: [Google]
1457301386807.jpg
53 KB, 599x393
>>71836253
>adapting something means translating each and every last detail even those not working outside its context
>>
>>71834646
WE WUZ DETECTUVS AND SHIEET

AAAAAAAAAYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AYYYOOO
*smacks lips profusely*
SO HOL UP HOL UP
*throws shoes off*
HOL UP VATARI
*squats down in front of PC with webcam*
SO HOL UP INTAHPOLE
*photoshops swag L avatar for public speeches*
AAAYYYOOO SO U BE SAYIN
*prepares a bucket of caramelized kfc chicken legs with a jar of honey*
U BE SAYIN
*rolls the joint*
HOL UP HOL UP
*sniffs two lines of shugar*
AYYYOO U BE SAYIN
*licks teeth and smacks lips*
SOME KILLAH KILLS CRACKAS FROM PRIZONS
*lights up the joint*
WIZ DA HART ATTACKS
*hides encrypted vids White Mommas Asses in the Kira case folder*
DAMN I ENVY THIS DUDE
*dindu nuffins*
CANNT BELIV I WORK WITH DA COPS
*sucks air through teeth*
AYYYOO WE GON TRY FIND THAT CRACKA
*prints cool private detective L ads*
SO WE GON BE
*tweets to homies Matt, Mello and Near*
SO U SAYIN WE GON BE
*faints and then gets up repeatedly*
SOM FINNA
*goes to the college where Light studies*
SO WE GON BE
*feels here like at first time cause he never ended school properly*
SOM FINNA
*watches at white chicks*
AYYYOO SOM FINA
*sits like a chimp behind some girl and Light on exam*
SOM FINA
*writes some scribbles on sheet*
SOM FINA
*goes on stage with Light at graduation day because of minority quota*
HOL UP
*sits like a chimp near Light*
HOL UP HOL UP
*steals his wallet*
MAI NAME IZ DA L
*snorts loudly through huge nostrils*
SO WE GON BE
*slaps Misa's round ass*
HOL UP MUH NIGGUH
*steals Misa's phone*
SO WE GON BE
*holds cellphone spreading fingers like a real gangsta*
U SAYING WE GON BE
*suggests Light to play basketball instead of tennis*
SOM FINNA
*grabs dick and shuffles left and right*
IIINVESTIGATION TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAM
*evolves from a private detective*
>>
>>71836253
But that's pointless. Just watch the anime. Hell, read the manga. If it's all going to be the same then just read it as it was originally made.
>>
>>71834905
They shouldn't though, because only one of the characters in the source material is Japanese.
>>
File: (23)images.jpg (19 KB, 296x170) Image search: [Google]
(23)images.jpg
19 KB, 296x170
>>71837302
What if Santa comes in summer and brings kids cool sea shells?
>>
Wasn´t L and the other detective guys like Nero all European? I read the manga and L is mention to be English

Not like cant be a black guy, but why change his ethnicity if he is stated white caucasic on source material?
>>
>>71837364
This isn't inspired by death note, this carries death notes names and all the recognition dont attempt to do your own thing and cash in peoples love for the original
>>
>>71837426
You'd be in Australia.
>>
File: 1458381619059.jpg (7 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
1458381619059.jpg
7 KB, 259x195
>>71837426
What if Santa becomes a propaganda machine for the Coca Cola co.?

You're really defending a fictional character's honor?
>>
>>71837563
L was British but he didnt look British at all, they should have hired the original artist to help with the casting
>>
>>71837581
This isn't intended to appeal to weebs.
>>
>>71837581
>works inspired by other works can't borrow characters and their names
The more you fight it, the more childish you look.
>>
>>71837614
Santaay aswell be the most recognizable character ever created when you don't take into account Muhammad
>>
>>71837640
Weebs made death note popular in the first place they have every right to get pissed at this
>>71837650
You are slapping the name of something popular to your own original crap so people will watch it
>>
>>71837640
Fans of death note aren't few, go ahead and make your progressive garbage and feed it to McDonalds hungry Americans, you just earned yourself a big group that hates you and will never buy a subscription to your service
>>
File: 1461928209827.jpg (144 KB, 688x960) Image search: [Google]
1461928209827.jpg
144 KB, 688x960
its not a big stretch to make a white person play a character from a manga, especially since the japanese mostly make their drawings look like white people

its also understandable to change the names to something more accessible for western audiences

but its also a question of common sense when it comes to race. if you give Lights role to an asian you also have to give the role of his family to asians and then you have an asian head of police surrounded by americans. you could also make everyone asians but then whats the point, might aswell pay the japs to do the show, and where you you even get so many asian actors.

on the other hand it wouldnt be too hard to cast an asian for the Ghost in the Shell movie without having to make everyone asian

see, common sense, so making a black play L is just completely retarded, unnecessary and disrespectful to the fans and the source material
>>
>>71835224
They've already had big announcements about casting this guy as L, and he is pretty well known, so no, he isn't the decoy
>>
>>71837563
Near and Mello grew up in britain, and I think L was supposed to have, as well.
Pretty sure they imply L is part japanese though
>>
I can't believe they made another main character a fucking golliwog. When are they gonna stop?
>>
>>71837640
/thread
>>
>>71837777
No, they dont and no they didn't.

Weebs made it popular among weebs.

This is for real people.

>>71837858
>Weebs
>Big group
Yeah, no.
Besides. Voltron.
>>
>>71840184
>Voltron.
My bad, all the subscription services blur together.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 640x920
>>71837343
>>
>>71835053
Faithful adaptations are over rated. Why would you want to see the same thing in another medium?
A good adaptation is a good, creative, re-imagining. In that case greater liberties can be taken with the source material which is fine because you're seeing another artist's take on it. Think Blade Runner.
The problem is that there are very few artists left. Which is why any adaptation is reduced to how faithfully it can follow the source material, how incredibly dull.
>>
>>71838503
One of the creators said something like half british, quarter Japanese, and a quarter Italian or Russian or something.
>>
>>71834646

>An american nigger smart enough to pull off L's charade for years

I literally can't suspend my disbelief, they can't even rob a liquor store without getting themselves shot.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.