[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>daddy doesn't love me so i ran away from home and died
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 8
File: Into-the-wild.jpg (94 KB, 420x315) Image search: [Google]
Into-the-wild.jpg
94 KB, 420x315
>daddy doesn't love me so i ran away from home and died lol: the movie
>>
Why didn't he fuck Kstews character? Was he gay?
>>
>>71830188

I think the implication is that he was gay

I dont know if they are saying that something to do with why he ran away or not though, or if its just an incidental thing they added
>>
whyd he kill himself and not his dad
>>
>I'll never have a meaningful experience in my life so let me shit on people who actually had the guts to pursue that
>>
>>71830188
>>71830233

Wasn't it because she was underage and he was a fairly moral guy?
>>
>dat scene where Hal Holbrook asks if he can be his adoptive grandpa and he gets brushed off
>>
>>71830334

Nah, pretty sure it's because he was gay.

>implying you'd reject a jailbait kstew
>>
>>71830272
>I'll never have a meaningful experience in my life so let me shit on people who'll never have a meaningful experience in their lives
>>
>>71830334

she says she is 18 and he is like...are you suuuuuure

are you suuuuuuuure

he is clearly trying to get around the fact that he desperately wants to avoid sex with her
>>
I don't think the movie is very much like what the reality was.

Apparently he was closer to a severely depressed robot and was just fucking sick of society
>>
>>71830182
This movie has literally changed a lots of peoples life
>>
>>71830188

No he wasn't gay, it was because they were creating a connection and making sex with her and then disappearing to his impermanent life would not be nice.
>>
>>71830586
[citation needed]
>>
>>71830601
That's pretty gay
>>
>>71830586
book*
>>
File: image.jpg (501 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
501 KB, 1080x1920
>you will never be a drifter with kstew by your side
>>
>>71830655
we are on /tv/ not /lit/
>>
>>71830642

Yeah because hurting people you like is so cool.
>>
>>71830693
she's got such a white trash face
>>
>>71830720
irrelevant to what was said
>>
>>71830457
deep

/thread
>>
>>71830727
Yes
>>
>>71830727
Fucking people you like is cooler though
>>
This man basically committed suicide. There's nothing remotely heroic or noble about what he did and he deserves none of the attention he got from his book or movie.

His is a cautionary tale to people that think they want to "leave" society but don't have any actual ability to do so.

I can not get over how a lot of people kept talking about this guy like he was some kind of mysterious wise man or some shit when the retard didn't even think to bring a compass and proper map to a location he had never been before.

The fact that he died within a few miles of a tram that could've led him across that river and was a known landmark to everyone native to the area is indicative of his stupidity.

I genuinely lost respect for people I heard talking about this man in any way other than remarking how stupid he was.
>>
>>71830188
In the Book, he is never interested in the girl and she follows him around and is annoying. No other interaction happens between them if I remember correctly.

Hollywood hates movies without romance though so they wrote a fictitious scene to have a "love interest." (Probably sells more tickets to have a love interest subplot.)

In general though, the movie would have been bumped up a rating if he had fucked her, and that can be very bad for sales too.
>>
>>71831964
He got some weird nutrient starving leeching disease from eating poisonous seeds...cbf'd looking it up
>>
>>71832131

That's only a theory the author of the book hypothisied.

In reality:
>However, an article in the September 2007 issue of Men's Journal, by Matthew Powers, states that extensive laboratory testing showed there were no toxins or alkaloids present in the H. alpinum seeds McCandless had been eating. Dr. Thomas Clausen, the chair of the chemistry and biochemistry department at UAF said, "I tore that plant apart. There were no toxins. No alkaloids. I'd eat it myself".[20] Analysis of the wild sweet peas, given as the cause of McCandless' death in Into the Wild, found no toxic compounds, and there is not a single account in modern medical literature of anyone's being poisoned by this species of plant.[2] As Powers put it: "He didn't find a way out of the bush, couldn't catch enough food to survive, and simply starved to death".[20]
>>
>>71832168

well, update:
>In September 2013, Krakauer published an article in The New Yorker following up the claims of Ronald Hamilton.[5] A sample of Hedysarum alpinum's fresh seeds were sent to a laboratory for HPLC analysis. Results suggest that the seeds contained 0.394% beta-ODAP by weight, a concentration well within the levels known to cause lathyrism in humans, although the interpretation of the results was disputed by other chemists.[4] The article notes that while occasional ingestion of foodstuffs containing ODAP is not hazardous for healthy individuals eating a balanced diet, "individuals suffering from malnutrition, stress, and acute hunger are especially sensitive to ODAP, and are thus highly susceptible to the incapacitating effects of lathyrism after ingesting the neurotoxin".[5]

So he was poisoned, but he would have been okay if he knew how to live in the wild.
>>
Why is /tv/ so autistic about this movie? Is it because it portrays a successful autist on an adventure of his life, something /tv/ will never be?
>b-but he's so stupid, bridge, poisoned berries! map!
that would be beside the point, he wanted to escape civilization
>>
>>71830554
it's Sean Penn's typical self-indulged wanky inspirational shit. Still a pretty nice movie though.
>>
>>71832353
>he wanted to escape civilization

and did it through dying alone, slowly and painfully? What did he accomplish?
>>
>>71832353
Could have done that by moving into Alaska instead of driving into fucking nothing with zero plans.
>>
>>71832353
but he really is stupid, you cannot escape civilization and i don't see why you want to escape civilization because that's our natural environment it's like a fish would want to live on land
>>
>>71832418

But didn't he go to alaska?
>>
>>71832416
>What did he accomplish?
escape from civilization, independence.
it killed him but he still achieved what he wanted, he was sick of society and wanted to live by himself. For however long, he achieved it, and then he died. It was better for him than betraying his own morals and conforming.
>>71832418
No he couldn't, he would still be in civilization. Driving into fucking nothing with zero plans is precisely what he wanted.
Also, pretty sure he died in Alaska
>>71832432
>i don't see why you want to escape civilization
his own reasons are outlined in the movie; disgust with society's various attributes, disgust at his parents, a desire to be independent
>>
>>71832353
An "adventure" that consisted of him writing in a book about stupid shit while starving to death in the remote wilderness. Calling it an "adventure" is not accurate. He did nothing "adventurous" aside from wander into a place where he didn't know what he was doing and died because of it. It would've taken him less than a year to learn the skills he needed to survive.

It takes 5 minutes to familiarize yourself with the idea of a map, and 5 more to learn how to use a compass.
>>
>>71831964
nice pasta, but its only breakfast time
>>
>>71832432

>you cannot escape civilization

You sound pretty stupid too, go watch some nature documentaries there is a lot of people leaving isolated.
>>
>>71832416
He tried, but he failed. The point is, he wasn't afraid to try and die for his ideals.
>>
>>71832493
Yeah, but he didn't move there, he just drove into the middle of fucking nowhere in Alaska.

Like, live a few miles from a small town like Home or Girdwood or something.
>>
>>71832531
>escape from civilization, independence.
>it killed him but he still achieved what he wanted, he was sick of society and wanted to live by himself. For however long, he achieved it, and then he died. It was better for him than betraying his own morals and conforming.

and when I'm sick of society and want to kill myself, people say I'm sick and lock me up. I should have just gone into the woods to die and then I'll be a hero.
>>
>>71832416
>implying you arent dying alone slowly and painfully while achieving no sense of accomplishment, self-actualization which he did
>>
>>71832549
Appealing to cold logic will make a lot of people seem very stupid. There was no rational, technical thought process behind his actions. It was emotional, he had a desire to escape. I'm sorry if your emotionally-numb autistic brain can't realize that.

>It takes 5 minutes to familiarize yourself with the idea of a map, and 5 more to learn how to use a compass.
He didn't want an easy escape route. If he really wanted a map he would have got it.
>>
>>71832571

>*living
>>
>>71832549
That's the only kind of adventure you could get in today's times. Well, the other would be going to war, but then you are fighting and willing to die to fulfill someone else's agenda, so that's shit too.
>>
>>71832571
yeah but how long will you survive away from civilization?
>>71832531
> disgust with society's various attributes, disgust at his parents, a desire to be independent
why did he moved in an isolated village from another country?
>>
/tv/ reveals that it is illiterate: the thread
>>
>>71832605
I personally don't think he's a hero, and people who are sucking his rotting dick because of some Sean Penn flick are dumbshits. But it's still admirable that he did what he wanted to do, regardless of the results. Most people do not fully commit to doing what they want to do.
>>
>>71832670
How dare you
/tv/ is one of the most intellectual boards in existence
>>
>>71832237
And he didn't wander downwater to the tram line. But hey, Hollywood romanticization.
>>
>>71832659
>why did he moved in an isolated village from another country?
how do you escape civilization by staying in it anon
He wan't disgusted with ol uncle sam, he was disgusted with people
>>
File: eddie-vedder.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
eddie-vedder.jpg
233 KB, 1920x1080
SOCIETY
YOU'RE CRAZY BREED
I HOPE YOU'RE NOT LONELY
WITHOUT MEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>71830188
>>71830233
>>71830389
>>71830506
please tell me you aren't actually this socially retarded. he's like 23 and a basically moral guy, he doesn't want to pump and dump a genuinely sweet 16yo and mess with her head before he goes to live in the wilderness for like 2 years.
>>
>>71832791
Stop, they're going to pretend to be socially retarded as a joke.
>>
>>71832791
Let them be. There's nothing you can do.
>>
>>71832791

christ you're dense
>>
>>71832659

>yeah but how long will you survive away from civilization?

I don't know, overall I would say less but sometimes life is also a matter of quality as opposed to how long.
>>
>>71830684
Thank god. She'd probably find a way to cheat on me.
>>
>>71832791
>>71832810
>>71832848

Do you like girls anons?
>>
>>71832936

Kstew is loyal.

>muh cheating on pattinson

That was never a real relationship, just a PR move to milk even more money from Twilight.
>>
>>71832960
Yeah, but I also like not going to jail or hurting people's feelings.
>>
>>71830740
I know, I fucking love it!
>>
>>71832976
16 y.o. is ok. Feelings don't matter unless they are your own.
>>
>>71833034
>It's an anon pretends to be a sociopath rerun episode
>>
Fuck this spineless guy.
This and the book are literally my ex's favourite book&movie, and that's one of the reasons I left her.

This is the story of a guy who goes crazy (literally: crazy, you can't deny that). Because even if you want to live in solitude there are many MANY different ways to do it.

He just had an existential crisis, and istead of facing it, like every fucking one of ourselves did, he run away. And everyone is acting like "woah dude deep". No, fuck you, that's what happens with 70% of adolescents.

It's a story about a guy who instead of facing his problems, he run away and died like a fucking idiot.

>Muh veganism
fuck that. I can understan not wanting to hurt animals, but many vegeterians will agree that they are ok with "being a hunter for survival"

>Muh deep
no, no no. literally any philosophy book ever will adress his "moral questions about society" better than this "awww fuck dad *cry*cry*". Furthermore, if you only have seen the movie, IF YOU FUCKING THINK THE MOVIE IS ABOUT HIS PHILOSOPHY, you are wrong.

you are wrong, because in the end of the movie, he wished he had been with his sister (or lover).

I think it's the babby first emotional breakdown, and it's basically babby's fight club, in the sense that both can make an adolescent "think", but even if fight club is sometimes cringe-tier (but mostly because people don't understand it) it manages to do in a miles better way.

tl;dr: if you like this guy you're either underage or girl or faggot
>>
>>71831964
Haven't read the book, but the movie is for sure a cautionary tale. This kind of characters, though, with their huge hunger for life and their thirst of independence, will alway appeal to gullible unsatisfied people.
There are numerous clues in the movie, that point to how excessive and childish the guy's behaviour is, but they're hidden behind alI this illusionary half-baked wisdom. All in all, I found this was a deliberately misleading movie, which is quite amusing !
>>
>>71833054
>pretends

Anon, I may sound edgy but these are my honest opinions
>>
>>71833064
>istead of facing it, like every fucking one of ourselves did, he run away

Every fucking of ourselves chooses to conform, which is easier than what he did. You can hate his ways, but it takes much more balls than becoming one of the billions of drones
>>
>>71832791

>16 is legal in majority of the world and even in many states
>anon gets assblasted and condescending because he's a faggot

You should just be yourself, anon. It's not wrong to be a faggot anymore, if you ask most people.
>>
>>71833201
You aren't from the US. Fucking an underage girl is taboo
>>
>>71833136
no.

it's not about conforming, is about having an objective point of view instead of running away.
because if you take time to think about it, in a mature way (not like our protagonist did),you easily realize that:
1) not everybody is a piece of shit (wooow, your daddy is a fucker? well it means you hate everybody)
solution: Actually have DIFFERENT opinion over DIFFERENT people! hard right?

2) you don't really hate every single human product:
first because unless you were a lying piece of shit, until your "breakdown" you enjoyed everything you purchased/used
even then, after your departure:
-you wear clothes done by someone else with tools done by someone else,
-you have a rifle
-you live in a old human product
-you read a book written by someonelse, with someone else tools, etc.etc.
not only that, you could argue that he was alive because of these tools, that he could get to alaska because of other people and their tools, etc.etc.
solution: actually THINK about what you do like, and if you have to buy it, buy it! woah you don't want a new car, fucking shocking am I right? No you are not. if you are not a teenager you'll realize that you could spend the same money in your hobby. who knows, maybe musical instruments and a course about it? or maybe, MAYBE, you just don't care about having fancy cars, FUCKING SHOKING, NO ONE ELSE HAS EVER EXPERIENCED THIS FEELING, WOAH
>>
>>71833486
3) I don't want to become a white collar:
ok, let's assume he was a fucking retarded, and he didn't realize that until he graduated. it happens, you are stupid. let's ignore that.
solution: DON'T BE
WOAH.
WOAH.
turns out there are many different jobs, including working as a farmer in lands.

4) baww I cry 'cuz no reason to live:
let's cut this shit that I'm getting tired. You can:
-find a reason to live by yourself
-find a reason to live in your hobbies
-find a reason to live in helping others
-find a reason to live in religion
-find a reason to live in egoism
-find a reason to live in hedonism
WOAH

I could go on and on, point is, the choice is not "conform or run away", you can actually chose what to do with your life. For example I don't have a facebook account because I don't feel the need for it, and I think it's shit. I don't do that famous national sport because I don't care about it. I don't watch capeshit because I find them boring. and so on, and so on.
fucking crazy right?

fuck you
>>
>it's another I didn't watch the ending where he realizes he fucked up thread

The movie is about a guy who is an asshole, but only figures that out on his death bed. For most of the movie he pushes away cool, friendly people for no reason. That is the point of the movie. I think viewers get confused because the character is played in a convincing and confident way.

That's the reason he writes this
>happiness is only real when shared
>>
>>71832632
>you're autistic because you see how retarded this man child was

Ok.
>>
>>71833590
yeah, thing is, the book didn't have that, so muh deep removed by the movie etc.
>>
>>71833647
I didn't know that. Is he not supposed to be an asshole in the book? In the movie he hurts most of the people he meets in some way.
>>
>>71833510
>>71833486
I'm not even defending him desu. Just let the guy do what he wants. He did what he wanted, took the risk, it didn't turn out well for him.
He would've probably ease out on it in time if he survived. After all, as someone has pointed out already, at the end he realized he fucked up.
But he just managed to break free of his family and at the time felt the need to go full retard.
>>
>>71833857
>He would've probably ease out on it in time if he survived. After all, as someone has pointed out already, at the end he realized he fucked up.
>>71833647

>>71833756
nah, he's even more of an asshole
>>
>>71832353
What irritates me the most is that it was/is pushed in high school english class curriculums as some eye-openibg and important piece of mind-expanding literature.

Then you inevitably spend 3 class periods watching the movie to too it all off.

No fucking wonder kids hate reading with shit like this.
>>
Nobody understood this movie. The whole point was "dont be selfish".

It's not "learn about survival before going on a trip". It's not "camping is cool". It's not "it would have been easy to survive".

Fucking autists.
>>
>>71834019
>>71833647
>>
>>71834037
This is not /lit/ though. OP posted the movie. My post says "This movie". Go away.
>>
edgy SJW kills self cuz the big bad world is too much, the movie
>>
>>71830586

>>This movie has literally changed a lots of people (white teenagers with endless money supply from daddy) Instagram accounts.

Fixed.
>>
>>71834019
You can learn to not be selfish without dying.
>>
>lived like a bitch
>died like one too

pottery
>>
>>71830182
But but Dad wants me to go to college, get a real job, grow up and not be a stupid faggot. I'll show him! I'll run away to some obscure place in Alaska and not take proper supplies or let people know I'm there, then I'll die of starvation. Then somebody will write a Men's Journal article, a novel and a film about my adventurous stupidity. That'll show my Dad up! - Le Kino
>>
>>71834019
This guy gets it.
The movie's a trap, though. The point made clearly isn't obvious enough for the average Joe.
>>
Happiness is only real when shared.
tl;dr. He died trying to find what he had all along.
>>
>>71834019

>dont be selfish goy
>think about everyone else and put yourself last so that you can never get ahead

literally good goy in here
>>
>>71830655
Most backpackers I've met have only seen the movie and haven't read the book.
>>
>>71837079
most people dont read books

theyre good at going to restaurants and getting drunk though, if instagram is any indication of the most popular hobbies
>>
>>71837160
Yeah fucking people, going places and enjoying themselves
I'm so much better than them, that's why I hate them so much
>>
>>71837312
did you get upset when someone commented on reality? thats funny
>>
>>71833104
>hurt someone else
>because of empathy, you feel hurt
>this is your feeling
>your feeling is important
wew lad
>>
>>71830182

So how the fuck does a 22 year old donate $22.000 to charity when I'm 21 and have £-258 in mine?
>>
>>71837564
Because you leaved the EU you retard.
>>
>>71837564
Rich white family. His parents gave him the money for college but he said fuck you and left to kill himself in the wilderness instead.
>>
>>71834019
>keeping to yourself
>selfish
Is this what's known as a "spook"?
>>
>>71837564
Left*. I'm also retarded apparently.
>>
>>71837694
based son/brother

saves parents money and makes his sister 100% richer in 1 fell swoop
>>
>>71832531

Yes he died of starvation in the back of a cold abandoned bus at the age of 24, such an accomplishment

Drink bleach you fucking idiot
>>
>>71833633
You're autistic because everyone in this thread can see how irrational his decisions were, but because we understand it was a personal journey and we're not invested in the same way, we can look at it as spectators without condoning or judging.

I'm autistic, and I can understand this. Why can't you?
>>
>>71837812
you think there's a moral highground in 'not judging' but there isnt

so shut up autist
>>
>>71832967
Correct!
However sometimes these forced pairings do fuck up the other one
Justin and Selena is a good example. Can barely maintain relationships and keep getting back together, not realizing it's CHEMICAL ATTRACTION N SHIEET and whilst their minds hate each other.
>>
>>71837709

I think I was so immediately butthurt that I was just typing and not thinking
>>
>>71837890
Literally everyone in this thread is judging his actions as stupid, you're not unique in that regard. You are unique in being the only one to focus on the rationale behind his actions rather than seeing the emotional state that brought about his bout of irrationality.
>>
>>71838198

Seeing as it's been established that this is a cautionary tale, it's only logical to critic what he literally did.

Nothing wrong with living alone and going into a recluse as long as you're not a moron

>the emotional state that brought about his bout of irrationality

Yes people suck I've gone to college, still I wouldn't act like a fucking moron
>>
>>71838771
It's a cautionary tale against young people cutting off all ties to adults, family, and wise people who might provide council.

That's it mate. If you a young person and you're having difficulty, you might at one point in your life have the instinct to distance yourself from other people and withdraw into yourself, especially young males have this instinct. The movie is telling you not to do this, because it might lead to trouble.
This is just a stupid kid that died a stupid preventable death, and a single responsible adult could've prevented it from happening.
>>
>>71834235

i've read up a lot on the backstory and his dad was a wicked douche, wife beater. even in the book after his kid's death he's only talking about himself and how he's personally hurt.
>>
>>71833265
16 is not underage in a some of states.
>>
>itt
basement dwelling neckbeards, convincing themselves, that it's dumb to try to leave their sheltered life.
>>
>>71833064
Why is it so difficult for people here to believe that some actually liked Into the Wild without idolizing the main character?

First time I watched this I thought they tried to make it pretty obvious how he regretted the whole thing as he laid there dying, I never saw him as some sort of guru, just some kid trying to run away, That doesn't mean that there weren't any moments or scenes in the movie that made you ponder about some things. You said it yourself, just as some idiots think that Fight Club's message is "anarchy is teh best, fuck the big guy and its rules" there are some that think that Into the Wild is promoting a "i'm way too unique and special for society" type of mindset while that is not really the case. That's not the movie's fault, that's all on stupid people.
>>
Personally, I live a very solitary life and I could see myself living off the land until I die. I'm not unhappy, I just don't place a value on my life. I'd rather experience where life takes me and then expire.
>>
File: 1464804808060.jpg (45 KB, 640x621) Image search: [Google]
1464804808060.jpg
45 KB, 640x621
>>71830182
>i didn't like this film because i couldn't related to the main character
This is you being a pleb.
>>
>>71833590
This. People forget that the movie is a cautionary tale, and a good one at that. Eveyone's too focused on either sucking Mccandless cock due to completely missing the point of the movie, or shitting on the movie because of all of the loud dick sucking.
>>
>>71830586
You're right, it led to even more retards dying in the wild. People that have no business in forest.

I consider it a good thing, actually.
>>
>>71837564
Family was loaded, I thought they made that pretty obvious.
>>
>>71839517
>Why is it so difficult for people here to believe that some actually liked Into the Wild without idolizing the main character?
because many people have done that. like 90% of the people that liked the movie.
That said, I agree with you.

But, the point is that, people idolize him because they also read the book, which has a different ending. So they consider the movie's character worth idolizing, ignoring the end.
>>
>>71839712
This movie singlehandedly sped up natual selection by finishing off people that were silly enough to do that.
>>
I find the simplified dichotomy of rich and poor people disturbing.

His dad is described to be filthily rich. That's not how it works.
>>
>>71832713
the meme man himself
>>
>>71833064
Not sure if that was your intention, but you come off as incredibly cringeworthy in that "I know so much about life now that my teenage years are over and I'm 20" kind of way.

>He just had an existential crisis, and istead of facing it, like every fucking one of ourselves did, he run away.
No, not everyone "faces" their existential crisis. In fact, most people never do. What was yours? Why are you here, on /tv/, dispensing some life wisdom like you're any better than anyone?
>>
File: scenedad.jpg (35 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
scenedad.jpg
35 KB, 480x640
>>71833064
>assumes the message of a movie is to praise the protagonist
>favorite movie is fight club
How underage are you? Be honest.
>>
>>71840009
>>71840187
here's a tissue
>>
>>71840009
well, at least he doesn't sound like someone whose 20s are over, still didn't get an "existential crisis" (aka lives with his parents) and convinced himself that obviously what he is like, must be the norm ("most people", "better than anyone")
>>
>>71832531
>escape from civilization, independence.
>it killed him but he still achieved what he wanted, he was sick of society and wanted to live by himself. For however long, he achieved it, and then he died. It was better for him than betraying his own morals and conforming.
But he tried to go back but gave up because of the river and had SOS shit in his bus. In the end, he was clamoring for civilization. he died realizing how retarded he was. Couldn't even last a year.
>>
>>71840347
Nice projection. Not everyone life is a drama film. Not everyone faces "existential crisis" and the term is generally reserved for people in their mid 40s waking up one day and wondering what they did with their life. We're not talking about your adolescent growing pains, retard.
>>
this kid is just a filthy pleb, this is how you REALLY do it

http://www.gq.com/story/the-last-true-hermit

>His name, he revealed, was Christopher Thomas Knight. Born on December 7, 1965. He said he had no address, no vehicle, did not file a tax return, and did not receive mail. He said he lived in the woods.

>"For how long?" wondered Perkins-Vance.

>Knight thought for a bit, then asked when the Chernobyl nuclear-plant disaster occurred. He had long ago lost the habit of marking time in months or years; this was just a news event he happened to remember. The nuclear meltdown took place in 1986, the same year, Knight said, he went to live in the woods. He was 20 years old at the time, not long out of high school. He was now 47, a middle-aged man.

>Knight stated that over all those years he slept only in a tent. He never lit a fire, for fear that smoke would give his camp away. He moved strictly at night. He said he didn’t know if his parents were alive or dead. He’d not made one phone call or driven in a car or spent any money. He had never in his life sent an e-mail or even seen the Internet.
>>
>>71840491
What did he gain from this endeavor?
>>
>>71830368
man that made me so sad. Dudes just so lonely and wants to have family, a family that goes beyond blood ties. Dude just goes nah brah thanks for the belt!!!!
>>
>>71840531

Godhood
>>
>>71840531
Probably a film about him in the future.
>>
>>71840491
>He survived by committing approximately 1,000 burglaries against houses in the area,
You make it sound like he was some sage survival guru living at one with nature when he's just a mentally ill thief.
>>
File: Satori.jpg (14 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
Satori.jpg
14 KB, 300x358
>>71840582
>>
>>71830182
Into the wild sucked due to poor editing
>>
I understand the idea of getting away from it all, to escape to parts unknown and just live life but he went about it all wrong and ended up dying because of his stupidity.

He could have easily gotten away from it all and still lived if he'd even put in one ounce of planning and foresight into his ideal. Instead he goes into half cocked and dies in a terrible way and people treat him as some wonderful insightful man when he's not.

James Adams, Miles Goodyear, Hugh Glass. Those where men to emulate because they fucking went into the wild prepared for it and they lived.
>>
>>71830182
It is pretty funny
>>
>>71840531
>Chris became surprisingly introspective. "I did examine myself," he said. "Solitude did increase my perception. But here’s the tricky thing—when I applied my increased perception to myself, I lost my identity. With no audience, no one to perform for, I was just there. There was no need to define myself; I became irrelevant. The moon was the minute hand, the seasons the hour hand. I didn’t even have a name. I never felt lonely. To put it romantically: I was completely free."
>>
>>71830389
His sister said he did the fuc one night when he was in high school though.
>>
>>71841152
As free as a feral animal can be. While that might be poetic, I can't see how anyone would wish for that. We're not meant to live alone, die alone, with no one else to share our thoughts with.
>>
This is such an overdone circlejerk.
>>
I've seen in this thread comments that include the words "drone" or "conform".

What do you mean by this? (I'm not memeing, I'm serious)
>>
>>71841339

This. We're social animals. You may hate it, but we live a better life when we trade experiences with others.
>>
>>71830368
>you can adopt me when I come back!
>dies
What an asshole
>>
>>71840435

Woah dude you're so introspective and existential, you shouldn't be wasting your time on /tv/ with the children, you should be with the other geniuses on reddit
>>
>the wild
>lives in an old bus that somehow magically got really far from civilization
>opps i guess i wasn't that far away after all
>lol ded
>>
>>71831964
>didn't even think to bring a compass and proper map
Wasn't that kinda the point? There no longer are places beyond mankind's jurisdiction and knowledge so he had to pretend to have that experience.
>>
>>71833064
>>Muh veganism
I don't remember this. Didn't he try to hunt for animals when he arrived?
>>
>>71843551
he kills some deer, botches up harvesting the meat, it goes rotten and infested with worms and he calls it "muh greatest mistake in life waaah" in his diary
>>
>>71843609
>muh greatest mistake in life waaah
because it rotted not because he killed the fucking deer ewe
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.