[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>watching the jazz singer >this happens WTF! racist?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
>watching the jazz singer
>this happens

WTF!
racist?!
>>
>>71824959
First movie where someone talks.
>>
>>71824984
People didn't know how to talk before this movie?
>>
>>71824984
no shit
>>
>>71824999
It was the first Talkie in a world of Movies :D
>>
>>71824959
>>
al jolson supported the african american musical community, and was beloved by them for introducing americans to their music. blackface, at that time, in that film, was NOT racist. al jolson was the first stage star, who basically would bring the house down with his emoting on stage. he started what we now have, in elvis, prince, beyonce, iggy pop, jagger, hendrix, sinatra. watch his emoting in his films, and listen to his singing. he was absolutely great in projecting emotion.
>>
>>71825090
Whatie? Also. why is there no color?
>>
>>71825334
I see a little bit too much color
>>
>>71824984

I can't believe there was a black actor in the first movie that had talking.
>>
>>71825407
WTF do you mean? Everything is grey!
>>
is everyone in this thread unironically mentally retarded?
>>
>>71825462
Just asking some questions bro
>>
File: christmas present.webm (908 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
christmas present.webm
908 KB, 405x720
>>71825434
>grey isn't a color
>>
>>71825462
Look at Einsten over here.
>>
>>71825490
But like where are the other colors?
>>
That's right sambo
Know your place
>>
>>71824984
YOU CAN TALK
>>
>>71825462

I can't speak for everyone else, but yes. I am legally retarded and I would sure appreciate it if you didn't keep bringing it up or I'll have to clobber ya.
>>
>>71825462
it's rude to bring something like that up, shitlord
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.