[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Raid: Redemption
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
Has anyone else ever seen this movie/series before? I feel like it's really underappreciated as a movie. I'm not normally into martial arts films but I particularly enjoyed this one.
>>
We already know it's dope. A third film is planned
>>
yeah, a lot of people have, it's pretty good. the second movie just turns it up to 11
>>
First one was great. Sequel was pretty shitty.
>>
>>71810705
this
>>
Sequel was OK, but they fell into the 'bigger and better' trap. The fight scenes are good, and the kitchen fight scene is incredible, but the rest of the movie was kinda meh.

The first one, on the other hand, is a fucking masterpiece. One of the greatest martial arts movies ever, in my opinion.
>>
>>71810846
>>71810705
No what are you smoking? 2 was great but I agree 1 was better.
>>
>>71810478
Release date?
>>
>>71810705

I honestly can't pick which one I like more. People complain about the sequel having less action, but the damn thing's like two and a half hours long. It's still got all the action from the first one (with a bigger budget and car chases and shit), just with an extra 30 minutes' worth of actual plot.
>>
File: 1452315916167.jpg (64 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1452315916167.jpg
64 KB, 500x400
>>71810478
>A third film is planned
thank you for informing me
>>
>>71810918
>that part where he burns the guy's face on a stove

fucking brutal
>>
>>71810945
Killing death-chan was a mistake.
>>
>>71810705
with the exception of the kitchen and prison yard fights, sadly i have to agree
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MS2oXDMYw0
>>
>>71811088
I fucking hated that guy so much it is unbelieveable. When he kills slowly breaks that cops neck I was just fucking livid.

And he almost got him but no, fucking plot armor.
>>
>>71810944
In a few years, director said he'd come back to the series after taking a break from martial arts films.
>>
>>71810201
You fuckers kept saying this movie was the kitty's titties. One day after I finished Ip Man i decided to load this shit up. The sheer up-tick in violence and brutality caught me way off guard. I almost never cringe at movie violence. It was 2 notches up from when i saw Ong-Bak for the first time. Fucking Grade-A fighting.
>>
>>71811744
Mad Dog is so bad ass that he was brought back as a seperate character entirely in the second film.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.