[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>fuck up action scene with distracting vignette shadows >still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: meme shadows.png (541 KB, 854x710) Image search: [Google]
meme shadows.png
541 KB, 854x710
>fuck up action scene with distracting vignette shadows
>still not JJ enough for Disney

it's OK, Gareth, you tried.
>>
>vignette shadows
>distracting

the autism is strong in this one.
>>
>>71799963
you're that guy who still likes early 2000's fads like bullet time and shaky cam, right?
>>
>>71800131

nope I just wouldnt consider a slight shadow in the corners to be distracting enough to "fuck up an action scene".

nor would I consider them to be so enraging that I would run to my computer, start a thread on /tv/ about how they have mentally scarred me.
>>
>>71800309
>a slight shadow

sure, anon.
>>
>>71800436
I never noticed them until you pointed them out.

But now the movie is 100% ruined and I will not be able to find any joy in it. If the fun of the movie could be quantifiable, it would now be 0. 0 fun. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways so I don't have to waste my precious enjoyment on a horrible film that has unnoticeable shadows on the edges of the picture.
>>
>>71800722
control your sarcasm please, it's very confusing.
>>
I just watched some long scenes from Force Awakens on youtube, wasn't expecting it to be this bad, but it is..
>>
File: Grail-wrong.jpg (23 KB, 400x345) Image search: [Google]
Grail-wrong.jpg
23 KB, 400x345
>applying Instagram filters is now considered expert filmmaking
>>
>>71799905
The movie is going to be forgettable trash and it has nothing to do with the vignette shadows.
>>
>>71799905
ITT: retards believe that camera artifacts are aesthetic choices

The center of the image receives more light than the edges, idiots. This is more noticeable with certain lenses.
>>
File: Shutter speed compare1.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Shutter speed compare1.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>71803595
it is more noticeable depending on what shutter speed they select. The higher the speed, the less motion-blur there is, but more light is required on set to make the captured image the same brightness
>>
>>71802266
>> Pretending color grading didn't exist for decades before instagram

Fucking kids these days
>>
>>71804881
more like this please

can we save this shitposting thread by turning it into a learn-about-cameras thread
>>
File: D21vsB21_f11.png (13 KB, 488x400) Image search: [Google]
D21vsB21_f11.png
13 KB, 488x400
>>71804881
Yes but not only

from wiki:
>Wideangle rangefinder designs and the lens designs used in compact cameras are particularly prone to natural vignetting.

>Telephoto lenses, retrofocus wideangle lenses used on SLR cameras, and telecentric designs in general are less troubled by natural vignetting.
>>
>>71805598
>>71804881

is this what they teach at film school?
>>
>>71805885
I wouldn't know, I went to films.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.