[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The premiere suffers from a premise of scattered characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: b+.jpg (180 KB, 838x736) Image search: [Google]
b+.jpg
180 KB, 838x736
>The premiere suffers from a premise of scattered characters and broken relationships, which subverts emotional resonance, and the decision to be a two-hour event.

>Perhaps wanting to preserve the season’s design and flow, Esmail pads the time with lengthy set pieces—another fsociety strike set to Phil Collins, for example—instead of significant character development.

lol, or as it would be in mr. robot: _l0l
>>
mr robot was never good
its primary audience are <19 year old boys
>>
File: The AVGN vs 'news' niggeres.jpg (4 MB, 1496x7784) Image search: [Google]
The AVGN vs 'news' niggeres.jpg
4 MB, 1496x7784
>>71799247
Daily Reminder that Jewish Review sites don't indicate quality, they only indicate how desperately they need a new product to succeed. This means that the WORSE something is, the BETTER it's reviews will be.
>>
>>71799247
>season 2
Why? Season 1 should have been the end of it.
>>
rewatched season 1 last week

badly paced and lackluster
>>
>>71799436
>it should have ended with a shitload of loose ends and unanswered questions
>i didn't like it so it should be over
Dude, Mr Robot was a film screenplay, that later got expanded into a TV series. So far, we've only got past the equivalent of the first 30 minutes of that screenplay.
>>
>>71799524
>i didn't like it so it should be over
Why straw man before you even know why I said that season 1 should be the end of it?
>loose ends and unanswered questions
All of those were introduced solely to justify a second season.
I absolutely loved the first few episodes of it but the 'story' starts to run a little thin after that. There isn't enough material to justify more than one season and if what you're saying is actually true they should have used the actual material they had to make the entire show great instead of lackluster clusterfuck.
This show had actual potential and it was ruined because the producers wanted to milk out the success.
>>
>>71799686
>This show had actual potential and it was ruined because the producers wanted to milk out the success.
Without being contrarian, what do you mean by this? I thought it was great, but I'm always open to hear how it could have been better.
>>
>>71799766
I already explained my reasons on my last post. You're welcome to read them.
>>
>>71799324
It was good, low budget but still admirable. Then it descended into a teen drama. Shame
>>
>>71799790
"The story running thin" and "being a lackluster clusterfuck" are both kind of vague. What were parts of the story you felt were disjointed? What made you feel that the story was running thin?
>>
>>71799876
Literally everything after episode 3.
For example
Every single person watching knew by that point that Mr. Robot was just a 'Tyler Durden' and yet the show kept pretending he was a real character
>you say that now but I bet you didn't know
You can just check the threads on /tv/ if you don't believe this point.
The drug dealer thing lasted 2 fucking episodes, 2 fucking episodes for something so inconsequential to the main plot.

Now that you said this was actually 30 minutes of film stretched to 400 minutes of tv it makes even more sense.
>>
>>71800125
>Every single person watching knew by episode 3
Why that specific episode? People suspected it BEFORE episode 1 came out, when there was only the trailer. I don't remember people ever NOT suspecting that, but there was serious doubt up until the actual moment of truth.

Also I didn't have a single problem with the Fernando Vera subplot, because I assume it becomes more important in the next Season and was interesting enough all on it's own without building up to anything afterwards.

I WILL GRANT YOU, that the episode with Elliot hallucinating over withdrawls was fuckin' bullshit, though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.