[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was this random faggot able to hold his own against a direct
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14
File: f.png (3 MB, 1662x930) Image search: [Google]
f.png
3 MB, 1662x930
How was this random faggot able to hold his own against a direct descendant of Vader?
>>
>>71793922
Descendand of Vader was gutshot with a fuckin bowcaster. There were plenty of shots establishing bowcaster's power, it sent stormtroopers flying, for fuck's sake.
>>
by using vader's old weapon, duh.

there's clearly some magic left in it if it made rey hallucinate
>>
black power
>>
>>71793957

This
>>
>>71793922

>hold his own

He got his ass handed to him, though. He spends the last 20 minutes of the movie unconscious.
>>
>>71793961
plus, Luke had it and he seems to be the jesus of star wars now
>>
>>71793922
His hand would be getting burned by that lightsaber the way he is holding it.
>>
>>71793957
That, and he got fucked pretty quick. I don't think he had the upper hand once
>>
>>71793922
He was the mary sue, not the girl. she goes dark side.
>>
File: FinnFight.webm (3 MB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
FinnFight.webm
3 MB, 800x530
>>71793922
Because he was the best thing about this movie (apart from seeing Han back).
>>
Kylo Ren was wounded, and let's be honest here, he's kind of a little bitch for a Sith

Now that he has a scar on his face, he can REALLY be a badass!
>>
>>71793957
>There were plenty of shots establishing bowcaster's power
Based JJ. It's pathetic how this board has mouthbreathers too stupid for a remake of ANH.
>>
>>71793922
he got his ass kicked but ray wtf ?
>>
File: 1466984399800.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466984399800.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
>>71794197
if I were enough of a loser to get into sabers I would want to know how to do that spin thing fowards the end of the webm
>>
could a lightsaber melt captain america's shield?
>>
>>71794241
>he's kind of a little bitch for a Sith

This, the whole point is that as much as Kylo wants to be Vader, he simply isn't up to the task. Don't be surprised that next movie shows that Snoke actually has another guy who is his right hand, and he took on Kylo simply to fuck over the Jedis and never intended him to be a real Sith.
>>
>>71794367
probably, but it would be a cool fight to see play out if his shield could resist it
>>
>>71794397
Reminder: Kylo is the "leader" of a band of Knights. They better do some cool shit with that. We've never seen darksiders operate together.
>>
>>71794293
As someone who has minimal experience:
>Pinch the hilt between your thumb and pointer finger
>Roll that shit
>Learn to catch/stop it at the right point

It's actually pretty easy. It also doesn't really do anything besides look flashy (the spin needs to be stopped before you hit, otherwise that shit will fly out of your hand due to the poor grip).
>>
>>71793922
Fights wounded and crazy guy.
Ends in coma.
"Held his own"
>>
>>71794464
>Knights of Ren
Why is nobody mad that they fucking bait n switched us with these fucks in the TFA trailers?
>>
>>71794397
>he simply isn't up to the task

He probably has the potential, it's just that all formal training died with Vader, Luke was a scrub and subsequently so is Kylo. That said I expect him to fuck shit up in VII when he has advanced from merely Snoke's apprentice.
>>
>>71794554
I was at a friend's place and picked up on that pretty quick, I was more aiming to the flashy twirl strike thing he did before pushing him against the tree.

>spin looks pretty cool if the person's not a 300+ lb fedora wearer
>>
>>71793922
He's clearly holding back and toying with him
>>71794197
>>
>>71794594

I don't mind. If anything, it at least gives us something to look forward to in Episode 8.
>>
>>71793922
>ren is wounded
>clearly toying with him
>when he gets sloppy and takes a hit he chimps out and destroys finn

the only thing you can complain about is ray because she has zero training (even if she magically became super gifted with the force)
THAT IS UNLESS she was trained and then mind wiped by luke
>>
Ren is toying with him at first. He doesn't get to lightsaber fight much, so he relishes the opportunity to do so. Everything Kylo does for the first chunk of the fight is flourishes and shit. Finn gets one lucky hit in against him, so Kylo loses his shit and BTFOs Finn in less than 10 seconds. If Kylo set out to kill Finn right off the bat, he'd be dead.
>>
>>71794826
>>71794828

These, pretty much. Even when Kylo comes bearing down on Finn, you can clearly see an "OH FUCK" expression on Finn's face.

Remember, Finn could barely hold his own against a Stormtrooper with the saber.
>>
it's like when you're playing a scrub online but they're not a total scrub and have been learning from better players but still kind of sucks but knows enough to be a legit threat and whoop you if he catches you sleeping
>>
>>71794826
>she was trained and then mind wiped by luke

that's the only explanation, otherwise she would be one of the biggest mary sues in the history of cinema.
>>
>>71794907

They can always go the "It's The Force, I ain't gotta explain shit" route.
>>
File: 1465881984890.jpg (60 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1465881984890.jpg
60 KB, 1024x768
>>71794907
>literally revan 2.0
B R A V O
R
A
V
O
>>
>>71794569

People on /tv/ are really desperate when it comes to hating TFW
>>
File: Can't handle those spins.gif (906 KB, 600x358) Image search: [Google]
Can't handle those spins.gif
906 KB, 600x358
>>71793922
He was a trained Stormtrooper that was trained in melee combat like TR-8R.
>>
>>71794907
It is STAR WARS, if she is just even barely a smidge of a Mary Sue, she'd still easily be the biggest in the history of cinema.
>>
>>71795284
eh, name me one pre-tfa star wars mary sue.
>>
>>71793922
He didn't. He got his ass handed to him.
>>
>>71795156

Yet on his first mission, he didn't fire a single shot.
>>
>>71795314
Here's a hin't he is a big guy. . I'll give a you a couple hours to study.
>>
>>71795340
sparring with your bros =/= massacring a village, big red
>>
>>71794674
spinning around like that in a real fight would be a good way to get stabbed in the back
>>
>>71793957
>be a Jedi
>get shot by a blaster
Also, Chewie wasn't even trying to be sneaky. He roared and then shot at Darth Schoolshooter. Not to mention you gotta be a pretty shitty Jedi/Sith if you can't block a single Blaster firing at you
>>
>>71795386
Kylo was distracted since he just killed his dad. He's edgy but he's supposed to be reedeemable as the movie teases throughout.
>>
>>71794197

Why didn't Kylo use the force to choke the chicken nuggets out of token black man with light saber?
>>
I'm not a Star Wars aficionado but that whole scene ruined the movie for me.

In a movie that essentially is all about warriors and fighters, ruining the climax where the Jedi prodigy gets equaled by two nobodies with virtually zero experience was total and utter bullshit, way more than any inconsistency in BvS.

Tito Kubo and Zack Snider would have never allowed such a mishap to happen.
>>
File: 1416151714047.png (3 MB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1416151714047.png
3 MB, 960x1280
>making excuses for terrible screenwriting
>for free
God, you TFA apologists are P A T H E T I C
>>
>>71795632
>I'm not a Star Wars aficionado
It shows, weeb.
>>
>>71795702
You're too stupid for a movie as basic as Star Wars. You lower the tone. Fuck off.
>>
File: Minitokyo.Bleach.Scans_415340.jpg (371 KB, 1598x1200) Image search: [Google]
Minitokyo.Bleach.Scans_415340.jpg
371 KB, 1598x1200
>>71795745
>It shows, weeb.

Not a weeb either. Some people can write action and confrontation. Some cannot. JJ Abrahms is probably a better all round director than Snyder but given is the intellectual/numale/low test type he completely blew it with a vital part of the movie. You can't have the chosen Jedi prodigy being challenged like that by a little noobie girl. No matter how well she can use the force, combat experience and physical training should matter. Otherwise you are making a harry potter movie.

If JJ Abrams gave Tito Kubo a phone call and asked for advice to build the battle scenes, Episode VII would be god like.
>>
>>71795793
answer
>>71795581
>>
>>71795838
Abrams drew inspiration from Kurosawa(much like Lucas did in the OT), not shounen shit
>>
since I don't follow these threads can seriously someone tell me the defense line from Star Wars fans for the fight between ray and kylo ?

how do they defend that shit ?
>>
>>71795581
He was having an ego trip, he was cock sure that he could beat him and he was right.
>>
Kylo Ren is a straight up fuckboy. I could hold my own against him with a steel rebar.
>>
>>71796046

Lucas sure, Abrams how ?

I'm not here to promote Bleach of course. it just has an excellent flair for battle and I honestly thought that was EXACTLY what was missing from Episode VII. What Abrams did was a battle between two strong wizard wands. Abrams completely failed to convey the lethality of the light sabers. Lucas who obviously was inspired by samurai movies -even though a lot of the military action in the early star wars movie was amateur at best- the saber fights were more deadly.
>>
>>71796068

Basically the planet was on the verge of exploding so it was a stalemate.

As for Rey not being dead immediately, like >>71794949 said, "The Force, I ain't gotta explain shit."
>>
>>71795386
Kylo had just murdered his own father and was a little distracted. Fucking retard.
>>
Kylo is an apprentice in TFA. He's strong with the force, but no one in the movie said he's good with a blade. I understood that as the entire point of the character - he's young, and still struggling with the pull of light and dark. When he kills Han at the end, it signals he's taken another step towards irredeemability.

Kylo is sort of the Anakin -> Vader story we never got in the prequels, because they're so fucking shitty. Now Rey is getting trained by Luke, and Kylo is finishing his training with Snoke. I fully expect them both to start kicking serious ass with their lightsabres in 8, then finally meet for the be all, end all sabre fight in 9.
>>
The force awakened. It's in the title even faggot.
>>
>>71793922
>violence and destruction come naturally in his species genes
>>
>>71793957
That, and Kylo was just playing hit him. He shut him down as soon as Finn got a lucky hit in.
>>
>>71794594
Still livid over no Luke
>>
>>71796287
>a faggot who liked tfa and thinks real star wars is shitty because he is a pleb
>>
>>71794826
Rey spent her childhood fighting off alien rapists

Heck she still spends most of the fight with Ren just running away and parrying
>>
File: luke.jpg (188 KB, 598x524) Image search: [Google]
luke.jpg
188 KB, 598x524
>>71794019
Luke has been the Jesus of Star Wars since the 80s. In the EU he was the strongest Jedi to ever live, suprassing Yoda, Vader, Sidious, the ancient Sith, etc before he was even out of his 30s. The movies seem to be going in the same direction given how much Snoke fears Luke's return.
>>
File: rey.jpg (726 KB, 2560x1529) Image search: [Google]
rey.jpg
726 KB, 2560x1529
>>71794826
>>71794907
Rey has experience in melee combat and Kylo was wounded.
>>
>>71794367
The Vibranium compound of Caps shield is supposedly a compound of adamantium and vibranium and doesn't melt at the temp it was forged at. It also absorbs all kinetic energy I think. Basically, it could hold it's own, but not for very prolonged contact.
>>
>>71793922
This movie sucked but they establish this by having Vader fanboy bleed all over the snow.
>>
>>71794367
No, nothing short of a skyfather like Odin can destroy Cap's shield. It eats shots from the Hulk and Mjolnir like nothing.
>>
>>71793922
He had the highest ground
>>
>>71796334
This 'the prequels are good now!!' meme is the saddest of all the contrarian opinions I've ever seen.

Phantom had a great sabre fight.

Clones was complete shit, top to bottom.

Sith was watchable, but only because the first two were so much worse.

That's all there is to say. Now shut the fuck up.
>>
>>71796366
I liked Rey and the movie, but this one is simply stupid.
She knew how to use a staff, unless they come up with some bullshit "she was trained before but doesn't know" (What would be even worse) there's absolutely no reason she should be able to use a lightsaber, they're simply too different.
>>
>>71796287
>but no one in the movie said he's good with a blade
>Now Rey is getting trained by Luke, and Kylo is finishing his training with Snoke

You are contradicting yourself. Kylo obviously -as you said- had some training with Snoke nonetheless. Which means he is a Jedi prodigy. Rey on the other hand is a mechanic girl who long story short stood her ground because she had a strong wand ! I'm sorry but that's what happens. Abrams put them in a straightforward 1v1 fight and the fact that Rey is not dead makes dick sense.
>>
File: reyfinn.jpg (144 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
reyfinn.jpg
144 KB, 1200x800
It's a fanfic, treat it as such.

The main characters were boring as fuck.

Finn was a soldier from birth/young age turned traitor yet shows no signs of this background in his character. We never see him struggle with fitting in with common folk, his ingrained training hindering him or even helping him, or any conflict killing his former brothers in arms.

Rey is plain boring, there's nothing defining about her except she can do anything the plot requires, and the more.

Kylo not being bad ass is a massive problem though, because the movie and following trilogy lacks a threatening villain. Snoke is a joke and kylo is laughable. It's the same problem with grevious and dooku. It needs a serious villain.

It never really explored anything, just jumped from place to place.

The actual plot makes zero sense, "a map to Luke"? What the fuck? R2D2 just wakes up with the other half... It's just really poorly written.
>>
>>71793922
JJ Abrams is a great writer
>>
>>71793922
because muh diversity
>>
>>71796372
I thought hulk broke it once? Also, wasn't it broken in the new Marvel movie?
>>
>>71797100
meant to reply to
>>71796430
>>
>>71794666

>Success with The Force comes only from formal training

I cannot begin to understand how you misinterpret ended this series in such a major way
>>
>>71794197
is it the first time that we see blood in a star wars movie ?
>>
>>71797159
Are you underage?
>>
>>71797159

Nope. That nigga who harasses Luke in the Cantina in Ep. IV gets his arm chopped off by Obi-Wan and there's blood on the floor.
>>
>establish that chewie's bowcaster is extremely powerful
>shoot kylo with it so he has a reason to be weaker
>people dont understand
>>
File: Its the force.jpg (93 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
Its the force.jpg
93 KB, 720x479
>>71793922
>>
>>71797221
Oh yea right. I thought there was a "no blood rule" as a specification for the serie that JJ broke.
However i think that i've noticed slow motion sequences.
>>
>>71797274
There's blood in ANH with the severed arm
>>
>>71795632

It's a story about a group of youths finding evil in the universe, rising to the challenge, and finding a great power to do good within themselves.

How do people not know what science fantasy is?
>>
>>71796771
>You are contradicting yourself. Kylo obviously -as you said- had some training with Snoke nonetheless. Which means he is a Jedi prodigy

>taking Jedi 101 inherently makes you a Jedi prodigy

And besides, The Force is a natural thing, it's based more on instinct and the ability to be one with your surroundings. The Dark Side fails because it is a selfish and isolated path that is blind to the Universal and cooperative nature of the Force. This has been abundantly clear since the very first movie.
>>
>>71796698
Not really.
>>
>>71793922
>>71793957
It was the only scene that really annoyed me (next to Hans decision to leave BB with him. Right when he said it I asked "Why? For what reason?") Even a wounded Kylo should have made mincemeat out of finn, arguably even beaten the untrained Rey.

the scene where he wanted to force pull the light saber and had to doge it last second to see it flying into Reys hand was fucking great though.
>>
>>71796366
where da trigger discipline
>>
>>71798132

The Dark Side sucks. It is based on control and fear. When you're not in control and your opponent doesn't fear you, then you will lose with the Dark Side. Same as always.
>>
>>71793961
>>71794019
Speaking of that, how did the goblin lady even have the fucking light sabre, it fell down that fucking shaft, the same skywalker fell down and eventually ended up falling out of the city. What's the base of that planet again? NO WAY anyone recovered that.
>>
isn't she supposed to be anakin reincarnated? was that script a hoax?
>>
>>71798300
Finn was shitting his pants. I seriously hope we find out he's a force nigga or I'm gonna be upset that he managed to survive Vader - Jew edition.
>>
>jew
>woman
>black
>spic
>one of them, chewie i guess, is probably gay

>all go up against evil nazi white people

/pol/ is available when you're ready for truth, friends. media largely shapes how you view the world.
>>
>>71797100
It's weaker in the movies, but it didn't break, the paint just chipped off
>>
>>71798326

She was fated to obtain it so she could pass it on to Rey. It's literally the Force I ain't gotta explain shit. The good guy gets the good guy weapon, so sayeth The Force.
>>
>>71798348

And Finn did lose.
>>
>>71794367

Lightsabers are whacking all sorts of things inm the OT without passing through them, so probably not.
>>
>>71793957
>stopped a blast from nowhere in the beginning
>shows up way before at the location where Rey and Finn where heading to in an erupting planet with said injury.

Nah son.
>>
>>71793922
>main bitch sees a trippy vision out of nowhere
>oh it's Luke's saber, what a coincidence lol
>suddenly able to use mind trick and go up against a trained dark jedi
>>
>>71793922
He held his BBC
>>
File: 1279725593601.gif (4 MB, 394x310) Image search: [Google]
1279725593601.gif
4 MB, 394x310
>>71793957
So I guess that also made him unable to use the Force, huh? HUH???
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.