[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Akira
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 640x646) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 640x646
You guys are never happy. We should be happy that there's no DINDU NUFFINS on it

After 14 years Warner Brothers have greenlights Akira with a 140 million budget
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3990321?utm_source=fb-channel-scifi-movie-channel&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=everything-we-know-about-the-live-action-akira-project-s-so-far
>>
but why?
>>
>>71793627
>making the characters grandpas
but why?
>>
Doesnt matter who they cast. with that budget its gonna play it safe
>>
Hope they get Scarjo for this.
>>
>>71793627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpS7nCweYZI

THIS SUMMER

Neo York.

There is a chimpout in the middle of Manhattan between the SJWs and the NWO goverment, the streets are pure chaos, cyber crime is at an all time high.

Ike-ira and Ted-suo are American/japan descendents.

Ike-ira and Ted-suo run the Dank Boyz gang, they run into the fucking Jokers, a gang that is obsessed with some obscure actor called Heath Ledger.

They fight all along the highway and Ted gets fucking kidnapped by the Illuminatti by a far benjamin button kid that is the face of Andy serkis in a CGI body.

They are taken to jail by Bruce Willis in a moustache and he beats the shit out of them.

Meanwhile its revealed that Ted has been under MK Ultra since age 3 because of his natural mental abilities and he is a sleeper agent, he is tested and everything goes according to plan until he snaps and decides to take his own life by escaping and throwing himself inside a nuclear reactor but things go wrong when the chemicals inside him mix and awake his true powers.

Now its a race against time to save Neo Tokyo and possibly Earth.

Oh and Daddario as the chick that gets her shirt tore off.
>>
>TETSUOOOO

It better have this dialogue
>>
>Akira versus the military
>Its Tetsuo

NORMIES GO
>>
>>71793627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI

I fucking hate burgers so god damn much.
>>
>Article tries to claim there was a massive controversy regarding white washing
>Literally nothing mentioned or sources
Lol?
>>
What'll the Americanized names be?

Kaneda = Ken
Tetsuo = Terry

?
>>
>>71793627
If Scarjo's Ghost in the Shell movie succeeds, then it's garanted that WB will be making a Akira adaptation.
>>
>>71793968
Please direct your attention to my vision. >>71793860
>>
>>71793860
>the chick that gets her shirt tore off.
it was pretty fucked up when she got crushed
>>
>>71793860
daily reminder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafd97yJFOI
>>
>>71793627
>being happy about Hollywood adapting great source material and "americanising" it
>>
>>71793995
Yeah.

I honestly dont see how they are going to pull it off because the Anime itself makes no sense, the cut a ton of shit from the actual manga thats why it feels like 3 different stories.

tl;dr Tetsuo becomes a god in the end and creates his version of the universe, he saves his friends from a horrible death by living inside his God being.

Is there other people in the universe besides them? I dont know but they are like Adam and Eve, time to start humanity all over.
>>
Just gonna wait for Kanye West to go batshit insane over this.
>>
>>71793966
>>Literally nothing mentioned or sources
You don't need sources these days, just link 2 or 3 tweets
>>
File: 1468020251425.png (190 KB, 431x442) Image search: [Google]
1468020251425.png
190 KB, 431x442
>>71793627
American remakes suck ass. And why remake fucking Akira of all things?
>>
"TRU DAT YO" INDEED, INEVITABLE BLACK GANG MEMBER
>>
Kaneda played by Idris Elba
Tetsuo played by Michael Pena
Scarlett Johansson as Kei

Soundtrack by Kanye West
>>
File: 1463440605835.gif (1 MB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
1463440605835.gif
1 MB, 184x141
>>71795584
>Soundtrack by Kanye West
>>
Why does this project refuse to die? I'm starting to think it's a single autistic exec at some studio who's obsessed with the original film and refuses to let this go
>>
>>71795639
Probably. I mean, who cares about AKIRA besides weeaboos today?
>>
>>71793627
(one of) the idea of Akira is that the protagonist are angst teenagers

They will use guys fighting with their middle age crises, right?
>>
>>71795639
your mum
>>
File: 1467992660813.jpg (30 KB, 419x320) Image search: [Google]
1467992660813.jpg
30 KB, 419x320
HOLD UP
>>
>>71795837
This legitimately angers me. L is like the palest motherfucker out there. I'd rather he'd been a white woman than this, they could even play up the angle of some sort of sexual tension that yaio fujos wanted so much.
>>
>>71795884
>>71795837
They've probably cast someone else as L and part of the Ruse is that this black guy is one of his secret identities and we are being played like when L has two other pseudonyms.
>>
>>71795917
Hopefully. L is never supposed to appear in public himself.
>>
>>71795837
Allah Akbar
>>
>>71795837
>B'L'M
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.