[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Misunderstood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: whatdidhemeanbythis.png (651 KB, 966x681) Image search: [Google]
whatdidhemeanbythis.png
651 KB, 966x681
Is A.I. the most misunderstood movie?
>>
>>71789378
That kid looks like he would grow up looking like Ryan Gosling, wtf happened
>>
>people say this movie is shit
>I'm literally crying like a bitch through most of the movie
>>
probably Fight Club
people thinking it comes down hard for or against a Durdenesque ideology
>>
people are 2 dumb for AI yes. Might be Spielberg's best just by proxy of him and Kubrick making it "together"
>>
no, the idea is done better in other works
>>
>>71789410
Could of been better than prime goose
Wasted his facial aesthetic
I would be depressed if i was him
>>
This movie was weird as shit so thats probably where the detractors come from but yeah I cried like a bitch
>>
>>71789378
No that's Starship Troopers
>Verhoeven intended it to be a blue-pilled parody of its source material
>ends being unintentionally red-pilled instead
>>
>>71789805
palahniuk calls himself "a romantic that people mislabel as a cynic"
>>
Whenever I watch it I feel that in the right hands A.I. would have been an amazing film. Spielberg pretty much completely fucked it up because I don't think he had a good grasp of the material.

Who knows what was going on in Kubrick's mind when he handed this over to Spielberg, maybe he was forced to by some jewish cabal. Spielberg didn't even really like Kubrick while he was alive, the two rarely spoke, and he has even said on record that barry lyndon was a terrible film. But of course after he died Speilberg had nothing but praise for him, and even worse is the way he pretended the two were like the greatest friends.
>>
>>71789378

yes and Spielberg totally misunderstood Kubricks intent.

he turned it into the Wizard of Oz for fucks sake
>>
>>71790419
That was the script. Oh right you didn't read it and you're just a moron parroting other clueless faggots.
>>
>>71789378
It pisses me off when someone argues that the movie fails its own narrative, because the kid is not special in being human-like, and all other androids are depicted as being A.I.

It's like they don't comprehend that the entire point of the movie, is that life and intelligence is a matter of perception, and humans fail to see robots as anything more, if they're not told they're something more, the same way Pinocchio was always a real boy, clearly falling in the same mistakes real children fell into, in the story, and the only thing that changed by the end is that he earned the right to be acknowledged as one, while some real children lost it.
>>
The first half of it was pretty good and based on an interesting concept, but the difference between a good movie and a great movie is what you do with that concept. Clearly Stielburg didn't have any ideas and like 90% of interesting novelty concepts we ended up with a shit ending.
>>
>>71790799

Nice analysis
>>
I watched this shit on theaters then 10 years after I would know that critics hated it
I cried like a little bitch
>>
>>71790259
>he pretended the two were like the greatest friends.

From what I remember they were at one point, when Speilberg was starting out. It seemed like when he got big something happened that caused them to communicate a lot less.
>>
>>71790799
This
Wanna get mad? Watch the nostalgia critic of it
Literally misses the entire point
>>
>>71790259
They alwats had friendlt rivalry
People always called Spielber the heart and Kubrick the brains
This is why I think he handled it to Spielberg, the story is full of plot holes but it literally doesn't natter, what matters is the big picture and the kid's emotions
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.