[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As to tv shows, I am in the minority who not only does not get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1467941746583.jpg (29 KB, 775x655) Image search: [Google]
1467941746583.jpg
29 KB, 775x655
As to tv shows, I am in the minority who not only does not get the obsession with current tv shows but also believes that nothing will EVER match the best episodes of the Sopranos. Seriously. If one were to ask what are the greatest examples of recorded television, there's the standout episodes of the first 4 seasons of The Sopranos and everything else, from The Wire to Breaking Bad to Game of Thrones down the the lowest level staged reality shows and talk shows, in a separate giant blog of shows that could never match it.
>>
>it's a "The girls at the Bing keep dancing while Tony beats Georgie" episode
>>
File: 11190934.jpg (76 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
11190934.jpg
76 KB, 640x640
>>71775287
>nothing will EVER match the best episodes of the Sopranos

au contraire
>>
File: Carmine.png (183 KB, 600x348) Image search: [Google]
Carmine.png
183 KB, 600x348
>>71775287
There's no stigmata these days.
>>
Serialized drama is a social media experience these days. You can't just watch GoT, you have to show people you watched it by liking low-effort facebook memes. Inevitably leads to hyperbole.
>>
>>71778464
>you have to show people you watched it by liking low-effort facebook memes

no, you do apparently
>>
>>71776700
0/10
>>
>>71779496
Wow. Awful taste. It's the spiritual and thematic successor to the Sopranos. Is it the lack of violence?
>>
>>71779765
Id rather watch the worst episode of The Sopranos with no violence at all then the best episode of Mad Men
>>
>>71779874
>then

ahh, makes sense
>>
sopranos was made for an adult audience, especially people who had families of their own, and in general people who were of a more mature generation. david chase was already in his 50's when he created the show.

crap like breaking bad and game of thrones and the walking dead more obviously appeals to teenagers and people in their 20's. it's escapism, even the supposedly gritty breaking bad.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.