[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm watching The Sopranos for the first time, and I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1463977060026.png (645 KB, 830x1262) Image search: [Google]
1463977060026.png
645 KB, 830x1262
So I'm watching The Sopranos for the first time, and I just finished "Kennedy and Heidi".

Why the fuck did Tony kill Chris? I get that Chris was a liability, and the whole symbolism of the babyseat, but still, that was his family. It seemed totally out of character.

This show is fucking amazing by the way, thanks for constantly shitposting about it so I was forced to watch it.
>>
>>71767770
Tony is sort of a sociopath, and projects himself onto others a lot. He killed Chris becuase he saw himself in him and that triggered him hard.
>>
he was a weak link and you shoot a horse if he's injured.
>>
Tony dies in final episode.
>>
>>71767958
Bobby also dies.
>>
File: 1348353849535.jpg (27 KB, 489x343) Image search: [Google]
1348353849535.jpg
27 KB, 489x343
>>71767958
>>71769798
>>
>OP

Watch Stage 5 again, you pleb.
>>
We literally just had this thread. Anyway:

>Chris was an unreliable junkie
>Tony is a socipath who sees people as expendable
>Chris's reckless behavior would eventually put his daughter's life at risk and Tony hates bad fathers

Or maybe none of those, who knows.
>>
>>71769950
Tony sees Chris as an eventual threat to his leadership, and he is also jealous of his small success in the movie business
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUgHDXOdUos
>>
>>71769846
>believing these guys
watch and see what happens
>>
Tony literally says "if you start doing that shit again I will fucking kill you"

After the crash Chris says "you gotta move me, i won't pass the drug test"

So Tony fucking did what he said he would do. It's not like there was a deep meaningful reason for him killing chris.
>>
>>71767958
It's not clear, and it's not supposed to be. The whole point is that he can never know when he dies. By placing certaintity on his death like that, it undermines the point that it could come whenever.
>>
>>71767770
>It seemed totally out of character.
It fucking amazes me that people still think Tony wasn't a sociopath piece of shit.
>>
>>71767770

Chrissy got cunty
>>
>>71771570
>sociopath
medically irrelevant term, he had traits of anti-social personality disorder, but this idea that he lacked care for anyone but himself is incorrect
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.