[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do these movies take place in the same universe? What even is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 555x446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 555x446
Do these movies take place in the same universe? What even is the link between them?
>>
FACT; Cloverfield Lane was originally titled The Cellar and the Cloverfield shit was tacked on later.
>>
>>71758019
not literally
10 is a spiritual successor
a thematic sequel
>>
>>71758048
>tacked on later

Didn't they have a whole thing about connecting everything together? Godman was a satellite tech for that company who's satelltie fell out of the sky
>>
I watched Lane thinking the name Cloverfield was just incidental and it gave me a much better movie going experience. I was caught totally off guard by the ending
>>
>>71758019
they are making an anthology series where the word cloverfield is the connecting thing. next movie is about ancient aliens haunting a family by the name of the cloverfields
>>
>>71758019

No, they just named like that to sell tickets. Fun flick until the ayy lmaos
>>
>>71758019
10 Cloverfield Lane is no way a prequel if some think so. Remember that Mew has a 2016 phone whilst those phones did not exist in 2008 when Cloverfield takes place.
>>
>>71758019
theme

They are both movies about major disasters from the perspectives of victims who do not understand. Movies like Godzilla follow the monster and the scientists or military groups who have all the info on the situation. The Cloverfield movies follow only the innocents and leave you just as confused about the situation as they are.
I like them.
>>
think of them as really long Twilight Zone episodes.

They aren't connected at all they're just really crazy what-if stories.
>>
>>71758019
No, as the leak suggested it was just a marketing gimmick to get attention for a movie no-one would have otherwise seen
>>
>>71758019
The ARG connected them but thats about it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.