[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>comedy makes you laugh 'Hey, funny movie guys! Check
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: startledskelly.jpg (24 KB, 549x471) Image search: [Google]
startledskelly.jpg
24 KB, 549x471
>comedy makes you laugh
'Hey, funny movie guys! Check it out!'

>drama makes you feel for the characters
'Hey, guys, this movie is full of feels! Check it out! Reckt me when the dog died!'

>action/thriller/capeshit is shot well
'Woah, had me on the edge of my seat!'

>horror movie is done well
'Pfft, what am I, 12? How can a movie SCARE you? It's a movie!'

Why is this, /tv/? When someone says a movie scared them, what do you imagine that is? Like they fucking tremble at the case and curl up under blankets? Like they think it's fucking real?
Would you say a movie ever scared you? Why and how do YOU define scary?

Why is fear the one emotion that is apparently exempt?
>>
The Others scared the shit out of me.
>>
>>71755150
So, what's 'scared'; feeling anxious? Or just a kind of dread, maybe after the movie is over?

I feel like a lot of people posting that they're not 'scared' are just over-blowing what that actually is.
I mean, the Others is pretty heavy on atmosphere, so good example. That's the sort of thing that makes me uneasy.
>>
You are a scary, pathetic little man. Don't you dare even think about posting a thread on my /tv/ again.

Look real hard at your pathetic attempt at a thread and really do some reflecting, then get back to me.

You understand that?
>>
File: Untitled.png (478 KB, 957x627) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
478 KB, 957x627
>>71755239
Did some mean movie scare you, anon?
>>
this is why people who don't like the witch because it "isn't scary" are plebs of the highest order
>>
>>71755659
Yeah..
>>
>>71755097

Because fear, like comedy, is subjective. Different things scare different people.

That's why good horror relies on things that are inherently frightening - slow burn, climbing tension, anxiety, paranoia, unexpected ultraviolence - rather than jump scares.

Even then, some retards are frightened by jump scares, thus shitty horror movies continue today.
>>
>>71755097
horror is awesome, a lot of it isn't that scary but people are all afraid of different things. I get scared shitless when things jump at you from out of nowhere and thus, signs was a scary movie for me the first time i watched it.

to this day the scariest movie I ever saw was jeepers creepers, that movie was incredibly disturbing.
>>
>>71755785
Startling =/= scaring

>>71755781
Agreed, but I'm more confused about the [board] culture with people claiming that films just cannot be scary, because they're 'just movies', while at the same time, going on about how another sort of movie made them feel.
>>
>>71755846
Go outside and talk to people.
You don't have to be so cowardly.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.