[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this worth a watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 14
File: CREED.jpg (452 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
CREED.jpg
452 KB, 620x877
is this worth a watch?
>>
ehh

if youve seen rocky this is just that remade for millennials
>>
>>71751803
>rocky
>rocky has to prove to himself he can go the rounds

>creed
>creed has to prove to everyone else he can go the rounds

thats why i didnt like it much
>>
>>71751696
worth a watch? no
worth a punt? aye
>>
just watch million dollar baby or cinderella man
>>
>>71751696
Yes. Rocky is still the best but Creed is better than all the sequels except for maybe Balboa. Stallone was actually a good actor and the fight scenes were shot really well.
>>
Does the young black bull get a white gf?
>>
>>71751696
just watch fruitvale station instead
>>
>>71751879
No she's a nig as well.
>>
I liked Fruitvale Station and never saw Rocky. I think that means yes.
>>
>>71751879
he gets a light skinned black gf
>>
>>71751873
I>IV>II>III>Balboa>Creed>literally fresh dog shit>V
>>
>>71751879
He has a negress gf but to be fair she does have humanoid features
>>
>>71751918

Actually that's not entirely true. I saw a little of the training scene and the part of one of the sequels where the nigger gets his shit rocked by the Swedish engineer.
>>
>>71751945
Take some time off of the computer
>>
File: Rocky_training_Adonis_Creed.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Rocky_training_Adonis_Creed.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
Yes, and a serious case could be made that it is even better than the original Rocky. Be warned that it is a "black movie," though - by that I mean the lead role, the love interest and the director are all black. So you won't like it if you are a rayciss who hates black people.

It has one of the best long-take fight scenes ever put on film IMO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh1_P_b0DCQ
>>
>>71751923
Rocky > Creed > Balboa > IV > II >III > V

IV is only good because it's bad. The rest just suck.
>>
No. The shory is shoddy and all over the place, the characters are bland and literally the only good part is old Rocky and Rocky Balboa already did that and way better.
>>
I don't understand the point of the film. I really fucking don't. I don't understand why Kookler thought this film should move its viewer.

Stallone's heart felt performance in Rocky is way above this, near TV episode like, film
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
ROCKY I AND BALBOA FAGS LEAVE THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY AND TAKE YOUR "MUH UNDERDOG" AND "MUH HEART" SOMEWHERE

THIS IS WHAT ROCKY I FAGS TELL YOU IS GOOD:

>dirty boring setting, nothing exciting, full of shmucks
>everythings sad and grey, no russians
>crap music that sounds like its from the smurfs
>awful fight
>pathetic training montage, runs around a bit and feels great? get out of here
>too much about characters being sad and butkus

ROCKY IV
>amazing soundtrack, 80's power anthems to get you pumped like No Easy Way Out, not a sad trumpet man
>manliest training montage, lifting logs, climbing mountains, awesome
>true drama, rocky's best friend SMASHED in an instant, a true story of political revenge against the east, also notice how the awesome villain smashes the living shit out of Rocky I's mediocre rival
>destroyed communism in a second
>cool robots, rocky I had no robots
>montage level set at full capacity, lots of photo grabbing and mirror staring, intense and reflective

IF I CAN CHANGE, AND YOU CAN CHANGE, THEN ANYONE CAN CHANGE, except Rocky I fags because theyre deluded.
>>
>>71751833
the fighting choreography was great though

especially in contrast to rocky films with those 80s hyper slugs and body fluids flying slo-mo
>>
>>71751696
Yes, true boxingkino
>>
>>71751988
>>71751923
>thinking rocky 4 isnt the best one

>thinking rocky balboa is even worth a thought

yous are some stupid stupid idiots

rocky 4 is easily EASILY the best one
>>
4 > 1 > 2 > Balboa > 3 > Creed > 5
>>
also creed is pretty good
10x better than balboa for sure
>>
Can we all agree
Rocky IV is the better movie and Rocky I is the better film

Creed had literally nothing of value.
>>
>>71752015
HEARTS ON FIREE
>>
>>71752011
Not really. Stallone was fantastic in the locker room scene, for one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFlNZpDzwi0
>>
It was in my top ten of '15.
>>
>>71752168
I was comparing Stallone in Rocky 1 to Creed in.. well Creed. And Stallone was way better.

And is way better in Creed too lol
>>
It was cliche as shit just going after formula. People who like Creed like capeshit too. That's an undeniable fact
>>
>>71752150
>Rocky IV
>movie
it's a flick m8
>>
Rocky and Rocky Balboa are the only actually good films, III and IV are watchable camp, the rest shouldn't have been made and the quality ranges from somewhere between useless to pure shit.

Undeniable fact.
>>
>>71752198
MBJ did a really good job actually. You just don't like him because he's a nigger and you're still mad they gave a nigger the lead role
>>
>>71752307
>60 year old man going to a split decision with world heavyweight champ

>good film

nah
>>
nice passing of the torch film and a good modern boxing film
>>
Yes.

Don't be a faggot.

It was faithful to the spirit of Rocky.
>>
>>71751879

She's black.

And I think partially deaf.
>>
File: FNL.jpg (34 KB, 455x157) Image search: [Google]
FNL.jpg
34 KB, 455x157
>>71752351
>don't like something
>haven't even called out yet why I don't like it
>someone pulls out the /pol/ and/or racist card.
Are you from tumblr?

And your call couldn't be more wrong as I like him as an actor
>pic related.
>>
>>71752351
Exactly.

The guy who played Pretty Ricky was surprisingly excellent.

>Not getting teared up at the grave site scene
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2oDNS2eqcM

Coolest scene in the whole movie.

Made the film a 9/10 for me from an 8/10
>>
can we all agree the cinematography/choreography of the fights was great in creed?
>>
Yes, go see it
>>
File: 1466204950655.png (109 KB, 300x172) Image search: [Google]
1466204950655.png
109 KB, 300x172
>>71752015

Does it suck being you?
>>
Yes. The fight against Leo was insane.
>>
File: Keanu_Reeves_2014.jpg (188 KB, 800x1138) Image search: [Google]
Keanu_Reeves_2014.jpg
188 KB, 800x1138
>>71752015
AaAaRE You ReTarded?
>>
>>71752456
then I can't understand why you think he did a bad job. They couldn't have him run with the "loveable simple-minded underdog" shtick like with Rocky because that would have been extremely retarded.
I do think the character was flawed in that his motivations were a little unclear - is he fighting for his dad's legacy? I guess maybe I could relate to him more if I grew up without a father. But IMO he did really good for the role that he had. I felt pretty bad for him when everyone abandoned him including his girlfriend.
>>
>>71752221
it's the seventh movie in a franchise. People expect it to follow the formula and get mad when it doesn't.
>>
>>71752015
This is the pleb-est post I've seen on 4chan in a long time.

To answer your question OP, yes. I thought it was pretty good.
>>
>>71752948

>I do think the character was flawed in that his motivations were a little unclear - is he fighting for his dad's legacy?

But that was the point.

He was a bastard child and wasn't sure if he could break out of his dad's shadow.
>>
>>71752948
>They couldn't have him run with the "loveable simple-minded underdog
I simply found him sucked out of all his screen presence and charisma what he had in FNL and other stuff I've seen him in.

The writing itself is not the issue for me wrt. to his character specifically, but with the entire film >>71752011

I'm kind of lost as to why director wants me to be moved by this story and narrative.
The film is clearly not for me, and I fail to emphasize with just about anything with it. I found the deaf girl and Rocky the most inspired parts, and I wish MBJ had brought his A game to it.
>>
>>71752360
>60 year old man beats up lazy nigger who wouldn't put on his work boots

No, it is a good film.
>>
>>71753038
>likes creed
>calls others plebs
>>
>>71753051
>>71751833

yeah but when he started fighting he didn't have to prove anything to anyone but himself, because nobody even knew he was Creed's son except for his stepmom and those niggs in his dad's old gym
>>
No it was trash, laughably bad main character had no plight. Just a rich cry baby. And that niggerish motorcycle scene was pathetic
>>
>>71753187

No those guys at the concert did too.
>>
File: Mike Tyson's Punch Out.webm (3 MB, 914x646) Image search: [Google]
Mike Tyson's Punch Out.webm
3 MB, 914x646
>>
>>71751696
Every Rocky movie except Rocky 5 is worth watching.
>>
>>71753292

But those motorcycles are actually in Philly you dumb hick.
>>
>>71753051
Wrong, if he didn't want to be in his dad's shadow he shouldn't have taken the big fight where they asked him to use the creed name. He had what, 1 pro fight before a title shot? Lol
>>
File: Sporino.webm (3 MB, 720x288) Image search: [Google]
Sporino.webm
3 MB, 720x288
>>71753303
that was after the Sporino fight, where the other coach told the press he was Creed's son
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 720x540
>>71753343
Your point? It was fucking stupid, him shadow boxing while those niggers are doing wheelies around him.
>>
>>71753384
they explained that, man

the other guy (Conlan) was going to jail, and _nobody_ was willing to fight him because he was fucking brutal in the ring and everyone wants to cling to their records nowadays. So he challenges Creed for his last fight because he knows Creed cant beat him, and Creed is the only guy who will accept a fight before he is sentenced
>>
>>71753384
He had something like 16 fights in Mexico
>>
>>71753492
He still decided to use the creed name, he was the reason for his own drama. It was either lazy writing or plot armor. At least in rocky the idea that it was just an exhibition match that turned in to a fight made some sense
>>
>>71753578
Oh those unranked underground fights? Please.
>>
>>71753492
Conlan challenges him because he had recently become a hot topic due to the leak that he was Apollo Creed's son. He was the most famous no-name that Conlan was sure he could beat
>>
In terms of movie quality:
I>Balboa>II>Creed>III>IV>V

In terms of entertainment:
All of them except for V.
>>
>>71753614
he did that after much hesitation, and only because it would seem disrespectful for him not to take the mantle. The damage had already been done and the world already knew him as Creed's son. And by taking the name, he was given the title shot. I think the guy explicitly said he had to fight as Creed to do the Conlan fight.
>>
>>71753768
I thought III was a lot better than II. II seemed so painfully slow.
Other than that good order p much
>>
>>71753768
IV is the epitome of 80's montages though.
>>
>>71753841
Yeah so he put himself in his dad's shadow. Used his name to get a title shot instead of going about it his own way. He was a whiny faggot the entire movie, just very poor development
>>
>>71753651
IIRC they counted those fights when they showed his record anyway. Someone said "no one has to know about that" in regards to them being unranked
>>
>>71753392
why does it look like a videogame
>>
>>71754035
yeah i really didn't like mbj's performance
he was pretty good toward the end of the movie but throughout he did not seem like a fleshed out character
hopefully he'll do better in the next one
>>
>>71752168
The lameass handheld camerawork instantly makes this feel 100 times cheaper and lazier than Rocky.
>>
Yep, it's a pretty good movie.
Coogler deserved a Best Director nom.
>>
>>71754439
I really like the camerawork in creed

>>71753392
this is great
>>
>>71753392
You can feel the punches in this movie. It was powerful in that theater. Now, the punishment they take and keep going with is a little unrealistic, if that bothers you.
>>
>>71751988
This is the right order desu.
>>
>>71753312
i wish mike tyson would rape a white girl
>>
>>71753392
I really hope the choreographer and composer of Creed joins Coogler for Black Panther
>>
Reddit the thread.

Film is pure kino through and through. Literal tears in my eyes at that training scene.
>>
>>71751696

no
watch the new one in december

thats gonna be good though
>>
>>71751696
Of course, it is !!!
>>
>>71751696
no.

movie was horrible.
>>
File: Clayton Barber.png (300 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Clayton Barber.png
300 KB, 1440x900
>>71754881
No way, this guy was stunt coordinator for all these movies? Organizing all the stunts for The Guest, Creed and You're Next make him good in my book. Not sure what being credited for "stunts" means; is it just when you do some stunt work or is it when you're leading an entire stunt crew?
I'm sure Coogler will hire him again; Clayton served him well.

I didn't even know Coogler was making Black Panther, BTW. I am kind of hyped for that movie now; BP was surprisingly one of the best parts of Civil War, too
>>
>>71752015
this pasta is gold, good job anon
>>
>>71753440
I was thinking the same shit, Rocky 1 had the original GOAT montage and then Rocky 2 had that also cool montage where the kids try to follow Rocky but Creed had those niggers in motorcycles doing shitty tricks in some alley with the most flat uninteresting shot
>>
>>71757495
The montage in Creed was at least somewhat realistic. Urban white people hardly even care about boxing nowadays, so the scene as it was from Rocky 1 would look corny as fuck had they tried to reboot it and show it today. Also, blacks are much more impulsive about joining into that kind of spontaneous group (mob) mentality, where they'd all follow him hooting and hollering as he's training.

And I hear the dirtbikes and ATVs being everywhere is a real thing in Philly; people say they're all over the place.
>>
i loved it

wish they had somehow got apollo's ghost to appear tho
>>
>>71754881
me too, BP was actually great. His fighting style looked so appropriately quick and cat-like. I didn't like the look of his suit though. Best thing about him was that he wasn't an African American, just an African
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-08-01-13-31.png (631 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-08-01-13-31.png
631 KB, 1280x800
>>
As a film, itll hold up longer than any of the rocky movies

As an experience, it doesn't compare

Its a fun movie
>>
>>71754134
Its a seamless shot, there's no visible cuts
>>
If I were to try and get someone appreciate the Rocky movies, what order should I show them? They have never seen them before, and they do not like Sylvester Stallone.
>>
>>71759249
>and they do not like Sylvester Stallon

Uh-oh
>>
>>71759249

Just the first movie.
>>
>>71759249
Rocky 1 (if they do not mind older movies) or Creed (as long as they are not racist).

And before anyone suggests it - If they hate Stallone they will despise Rocky IV
>>
>>71751696
>Rocky reduced to prepping the bull
>>
File: late fight.webm (3 MB, 944x720) Image search: [Google]
late fight.webm
3 MB, 944x720
>>71754599
it's not that unrealistic. It's rare, but there have been matches in real life that turn into slugfests like that and still go the distance (those are always the most fun to watch). Some boxers can take a ridiculous amount of punishment and not go down.

It's nowhere near as bad as in the old Rocky movies anyway, where nobody ever blocked and Rocky seemed to have an adamantium chin
>>
>>71753392
This looks too clean. Real boxing is way more sloppy. It's hard to immerse yourself in something when the choreography is obvious.
>>
>>71761564
I thought they did an excellent job of making it look sloppy and un-choreographed, especially for all in one 4.5min take. Like when he randomly gets jabbed in the face at 0:11, or when they feint eachother and don't follow through because of the reaction.

The only times I noticed the choreography was when MBJ seemed to leave himself wide open to be countered. The other guy was great. But that's maybe to be expected, since MBJ is an actor, not an actual boxer
>>
does he win or lose
>>
I liked it for the fight choreography. The story was as cliche and cheesy as any rocky movie but the dialogue wasn't as cringe.

The main thing I didn't like was the whole romance subplot that just resolves itself pointlessly. Would've been more badass if there was more training and more fights in place of that.
>>
>>71754035
>Used his name to get a title shot instead of going about it his own way

That option went away the second the word got out. The movie was just as much about as dealing with his issues about being a bastard son who never got to know his dad as it was about wanting to be his own man. The complexity came from the fact that he felt compelled to do boxing, but had insecurities about the fact that a) everybody would think he's just trying to profit on his dad's name and b) perhaps not being good enough to live up to his dad's name and make him "proud".
>>
>>71751696
he has a dog nose in the thumbnail
>>
its a black movie
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.